• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

jmdajr

Double post.

:\

foldingchairfail.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But it's not at all. That's just the shitty version Cole tells you. Like how Emma was "Arm Point Girl" on RAW.
The gimmick isn't even complex but they still managed to water it down, somehow.

A heel Zoolander, that's the gimmick. You're telling me you can't do some vignettes with that? Or some creative ideas? In 30 seconds I could think of a bunch of skits or angles you can do with a gimmick like that. It's a midcard gimmick, without a doubt, but he's not in the midcard, he's a jobber at the very bottom.

They've got 30 fuckin writers and all they got from that easy to do gimmick was "uhhhh selfies?" and an unannounced, unhyped Smackdown debut in a nothing angle.
Nobody gets vignettes. It's 2016. It's not like the jobbers get fired all that quickly unless they're literally not doing anything and he's definetly getting opportunities to wrestle.

Aiii

So not worth it
A heel Zoolander, that's the gimmick.

It's not, though.

It's "he has a selfie stick and poses," that was his gimmick in NXT. He never did anything more with it aside from one segment where he made a music video.

You can pretend it was more than that, and imagine a whole thing around based on this movie you once saw. But Tyler Breeze is a guy that takes selfies and wears frizzly clothes. On NXT and on the main roster. That's the depth he displayed.

But hey, it's WWE's fault the guy can't do The Miz's gimmick better than The Miz.

Zach

I imagine that is Top of the Pops for ECW. Mostly great show.

And now the fun really begins, as I'm in August 1998. AKA: The Month of Jay Leno and WCWarrior.

We keep talking about Dean winning Saturday. This would be the first time a WWE Heavyweight title has changed hands at a house show since Diesel.........

Let that shit soak.

Sephzilla

It's not, though.

It's "he has a selfie stick and poses," that was his gimmick in NXT. He never did anything more with it aside from one segment where he made a music video.

You can pretend it was more than that, and imagine a whole thing around based on this movie you once saw. But Tyler Breeze is a guy that takes selfies and wears frizzly clothes. On NXT and on the main roster. That's the depth he displayed.

But hey, it's WWE's fault the guy can't do The Miz's gimmick better than The Miz.

You're entire argument here is "he uses a selfie stick" and then you plug your ears and don't listen to anyone else.

Ithil

It's not, though.

If you skipped every single one of his promos, sure. He was a legitimately entertaining presence to have in their backstage segments in NXT, and he did a lot with a little. They've done the narcissist gimmick with endless guys, he's one of the few to actually make it work.
He didn't even get a selfie stick til like summer 2015. Even then it was just adapting a real life trend.

I don't know what it is about Tyler Breeze that caused this total mental block out of every single potential virtue of his, but imagine if every single person who ever got a weak reaction on their very first appearance or RAW match was instantly turned into a jobber.
You'd have nearly no one left.

Never mind that you can break down any gimmick ever into these lame sounding one sentence summaries. "Wears a flak vest and gets booed", "has red hair and can't wrestle", "balding and wacky", "drinks beer and flips birds", "wears face paint and has a bat".

klonere

Banned
Tyler Breeze's gimmick has always been one-dimensional and shit. Of course he was going to fail on the main roster. It's a shit gimmick, it was never going to get over, good call by Vince.

You put a modicum of effort behind the gimmick creatively and its a solid mid card presence. It's more in sync with pop culture than every single gimmick on the roster with perhaps the exception of The New Day. EVERYONE's gimmick is one-dimensional. Dean Ambrose is le wacky man, Rollins was a midcard heel accidentally in the main event a coward weasel, Usos is ???, Cesaro's was grate wrassler, KO is a dick coward, Bray is spooky man, Dolph's is ???, Big Show is big, Roman Reigns is ???, Rusev is foreign, Miz is delusional, Jack Swagger is American, AJ is a grate wrassler and so on and on and on.

But nah I guess its cool he gets a win over Dolph which means exactly nothing (like Neville's debut feud!). He beat Ziggler once (in a 6 minute match), lost in a tag the next night vs Dolph/Ambrose, lost the next week to Ziggler, then again on Smackdown and then has lost ever since on actual TV and been relegated to C level shows. Is it shocking that you give a man nothing, no promo time, cut his entrance, beat him constantly, have him go over meaningless performers, try and shove the worst storyline of 2015 over on him (Summer x Dolph more or less transitioned to Breeze), have him in this dumb VIP area thing that meant nothing and never led to anything and then say "well the gimmick is shit". No the booking is shit. The creative is shit. The NXT callup process is shit. The lack of effort on everyones part is shit. The fact they can't create their own stars and import them is shit. It's all shit and it has very little to do with the gimmick.

EDIT; In NXT nobody would have had an issue with him being champ just before he left. A heel Tyler run before he got called up would have been great. AND they trusted him with Liger. He's stuff with Tyson Kidd helped Tyson get a fucking personality. His stuff with Neville character wise was also very entertaining and helped Neville find that dickish self-confidence that made the Zayn/Neville feud.

Aiii

So not worth it
You put a modicum of effort behind the gimmick creatively and its a solid mid card presence. It's more in sync with pop culture than every single gimmick on the roster with perhaps the exception of The New Day. EVERYONE's gimmick is one-dimensional. Dean Ambrose is le wacky man, Rollins was a midcard heel accidentally in the main event a coward weasel, Usos is ???, Cesaro's was grate wrassler, KO is a dick coward, Bray is spooky man, Dolph's is ???, Big Show is big, Roman Reigns is ???, Rusev is foreign, Miz is delusional, Jack Swagger is American, AJ is a grate wrassler and so on and on and on.

But nah I guess its cool he gets a win over Dolph which means exactly nothing (like Neville's debut feud!). He beat Ziggler once (in a 6 minute match), lost in a tag the next night vs Dolph/Ambrose, lost the next week to Ziggler, then again on Smackdown and then has lost ever since on actual TV and been relegated to C level shows. Is it shocking that you give a man nothing, no promo time, cut his entrance, beat him constantly, have him go over meaningless performers, try and shove the worst storyline of 2015 over on him (Summer x Dolph more or less transitioned to Breeze), have him in this dumb VIP area thing that meant nothing and never led to anything and then say "well the gimmick is shit". No the booking is shit. The creative is shit. The NXT callup process is shit. The lack of effort on everyones part is shit. The fact they can't create their own stars and import them is shit. It's all shit and it has very little to do with the gimmick.

EDIT; In NXT nobody would have had an issue with him being champ just before he left. A heel Tyler run before he got called up would have been great. AND they trusted him with Liger. He's stuff with Tyson Kidd helped Tyson get a fucking personality. His stuff with Neville character wise was also very entertaining and helped Neville find that dickish self-confidence that made the Zayn/Neville feud.

And that's my point exactly.

You know what the difference is between Breeze and every last one of the other guys you mentioned? They got their gimmick over. Tyler Breeze did not.

Everyone deals with 50/50 booking, everyone deals with the same creative, the same Vince McMahon. Yet Tyler Breeze not getting over is everyone's fault except his own.

Why? Because he never made his gimmick anything else than "takes selfies" and that's on him more than it is on anyone else.

Sephzilla

You know what the difference is between Breeze and every last one of the other guys you mentioned? They got their gimmick over. Tyler Breeze did not.

Everyone deals with 50/50 booking, everyone deals with the same creative, the same Vince McMahon. Yet Tyler Breeze not getting over is everyone's fault except his own.

Why? Because he never made his gimmick anything else than "takes selfies" and that's on him more than it is on anyone else.

lol

you can't be fucking serious right now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Laserfrog keeps his job if Kotaku goes under due to Gawker getting their shit smashed.

klonere

Banned

Yes, tell me more about that 50/50 booking when the Shield debuted, instantly in the main event and started fucking shit up every week.

Talk about that 50/50 booking where the New Day get full segments of promo time week after week, get to go over clean vs AJ/Jericho and have held the tag belts for many many months.

Talk to me about that booking where Owens got to come in as a heel and beat Cena clean on his debut. Got a big spot with a celebrity guest, gets promo time, gets to feud with "main event" talent. Gets to have 20 minute kick out fests.

Talk to be about Bray, who isn't even on that 50/50 booking, he just fucking loses, has lost a ton of mystique and is still all over the show?

You wanna tell me Jack Swagger is over? He was given the most braindead possible gimmick to get over with 99% American crowds after he started being racist.

Big Show's been around for a 100 years and no one gives a shit.

Dolph hahahaha

Rusev is a tragedy and we both know he should be in a better place.

The point is...Tyler never got a chance to get over. He got his entrance stripped away, he got no promos, he got A WIN over someone nobody really cares about anymore, had his storyline aborted not even halfway through and is on C shows. That's isn't "failing to get your gimmick over" that's "getting your legs chopped off". Johnny fucking Nitro got a bigger opportunity at this gimmick than Breeze.

Ronin Ray

Smackdown spoilers:
Chris Jericho comes out and cuts a great heel promo on AJ Styles and the fans that supported their tag team. Jericho lights fire to a Y2AJ t-shirt and lets it burn in a trash can. Jericho says Y2AJ is officially over. Good heat for Jericho here. AJ interrupts but The Ascension attacks him out of nowhere. Jericho retreats to the ramp while AJ clears the ring of The Ascension and stares Jericho down.

lol, wtf?

They should have all 3 men jump AJ and have Jericho cut a promo about how nobody in the back likes him and no will help him. Then you move to next week and AJ is getting jumped again but this time Samoa Joe and Finn Balor come out for the save. Then AJ cuts a promo about how Jericho is right he doesn't have friends in the WWE so he went outside of it. This would get Finn and Joe some exposure on the main roster set seeds for the new bullet club and I think a tag match at maina would be more interesting then Jericho Styles 4.

Fox318

I imagine that is Top of the Pops for ECW. Mostly great show.

And now the fun really begins, as I'm in August 1998. AKA: The Month of Jay Leno and WCWarrior.

we are all waiting til mania 2000 where if you give it a a DM will shoot on your ass.

They should have all 3 men jump AJ and have Jericho cut a promo about how nobody in the back likes him and no will help him. Then you move to next week and AJ is getting jumped again but this time Samoa Joe and Finn Balor come out for the save. Then AJ cuts a promo about how Jericho is right he doesn't have friends in the WWE so he went outside of it. This would get Finn and Joe some exposure on the main roster set seeds for the new bullet club and I think a tag match at maina would be more interesting then Jericho Styles 4.
Thank you for adding to the WM 2000.2.0 card.

We need as many single matches as we can get

klonere

Banned
You guys seriously arguing over breeze. Guy was never going to be more than a low midcarder

Save you energy for Finn, Sami or Nakamura

Sorry, Tyler was once one of the highlights of weekly NXT TV and I really liked him...

And he had a better NXT run than Balor has been having

Hex

Banned

I am for it, but fuck Joe.
Joe needs to do his own thing.

Top Bottom