• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Because Saxton has dirt on the right guy is the only answer I could come up with

hogan2.png

Hogan started the business. It's only fitting that he kill it. And he's wearing his funeral bandanna so he's dressed appropriately.

Cagey

Banned
It's alright.

I think the one thing Dolph is truly lacking is psychology. Dolph is a good spot-man, as in he has all of these cool spots that are all good and can lead to some exciting matchess. However he never really holds a lot of these spots back. As soon as Dolph enters into that ring he's already doing fameassers and all of his high spots. I'd like to see Dolph slow down a bit and build up to those spots rather than just, "I gotta get my shit in!" In (good) wrestling there needs to be a reason for everyone of those spots in the context they're used in rather than just spamming them like a video game.

Dolph's true calling was being in ROH from 2010-2013.

Dolph's easily the most overrated guy on the roster. Never understood what was supposed to be good about him and it only got worse when they started putting more and more competent workers on the roster. He's discount HBK. Then again, I don't understand why people think Big E should get a big push either. Dude was not good at all when he was in a singles push.

Probably because he's found a shit-ton of personality while in The New Day, is a fucking hoss, has grown as a wrestler, and has charisma.

shwimpy

Smackdown spoilers:
Chris Jericho comes out and cuts a great heel promo on AJ Styles and the fans that supported their tag team. Jericho lights fire to a Y2AJ t-shirt and lets it burn in a trash can. Jericho says Y2AJ is officially over. Good heat for Jericho here. AJ interrupts but The Ascension attacks him out of nowhere. Jericho retreats to the ramp while AJ clears the ring of The Ascension and stares Jericho down.

lol, wtf?

Syder

Smackdown spoilers:
Chris Jericho comes out and cuts a great heel promo on AJ Styles and the fans that supported their tag team. Jericho lights fire to a Y2AJ t-shirt and lets it burn in a trash can. Jericho says Y2AJ is officially over. Good heat for Jericho here. AJ interrupts but The Ascension attacks him out of nowhere. Jericho retreats to the ramp while AJ clears the ring of The Ascension and stares Jericho down.

lol, wtf?
Make way for Y2
Ascension

Oersted

Smackdown spoilers:

lol, wtf?

Makes Miz look credible

Fights with
Ascension

King of the Ring final with
Breeze
incoming?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's alright.

I think the one thing Dolph is truly lacking is psychology. Dolph is a good spot-man, as in he has all of these cool spots that are all good and can lead to some exciting matchess. However he never really holds a lot of these spots back. As soon as Dolph enters into that ring he's already doing fameassers and all of his high spots. I'd like to see Dolph slow down a bit and build up to those spots rather than just, "I gotta get my shit in!" In (good) wrestling there needs to be a reason for everyone of those spots in the context they're used in rather than just spamming them like a video game.

Are you watching the same guy I am because even when Dolph gets his shit in its all pretty stock middle of the road stuff, and that's whenever he's not directly ripping off HBK by doing a billion superkicks - sure everyone in the company does them now that HBK is retired, but Ziggles even manages to jack the theatrics. I don't think I've ever really heard someone accuse Dolph Ziggler of being an indie-get-my-shit-in guy. He's mostly just generic in every sense of the word.

Probably because he's found a shit-ton of personality while in The New Day, is a fucking hoss, has grown as a wrestler, and has charisma.
Complaining that Big E isn't being pushed enough is just a bizarre complaint to me. Big E is already one of the most pushed guys in the company as a part of the stable, which is consistently the most popular part of the show. He's getting a lot of attention doing something he's good at, yet some people are complaining he's not doing a completely different thing he's never been all that great at.

FWIW I don't expect them to ever break up the New Day.

Angry Grimace

Smackdown spoilers:

lol, wtf?

The funniest part to me is when someone reports how much heat an angle on SmackDown got when it doesn't actually matter because you're just going to hear overdubbed machine noise anyways.

Nonetheless, it’s difficult to hold something like that but if you can, the audience loves it. It’s one of the reasons why I’ll always be anti-some members of the media, so-called dirt sheets or whatever it is. I’ve always disliked them. Not because of their voice and certainly not because of their opinion. No one respects the First Amendment more than me. Their opinions, negative or positive, they’re entitled to. I’ve always appreciated that because, quite frankly, some of the things I’ve learned from. I learn from everybody. It’s that they want to be a spoiler. No! No! Don’t spoil this. Don’t spoil it for the public. But I know that’s a part of their job too. It’s one of those things we try, with any form of the media now, we try no, no, no. Let me surprise you. As a matter of fact, with Shane and a number of instances we’ve had, like Brock Lesnar when he first came back, we keep people on a bus in the parking lot. We won’t let our techs, we won’t let the talent, we won’t let anybody know until it’s time for them to walk out there. Shane was in a bus and he was not allowed to come out of the bus until Stephanie’s music hit and Stephanie had walked down the ramp. Shane comes out of the bus with security and goes right up to what we call Gorilla position (an area just off stage) and the guys there go, “I can’t believe it.” And all of the guys backstage, the vast majority of them, they didn’t see Shane when he walked through. They were all shocked and surprised. That’s what I try to do: totally surprise our talent. They like to be surprised just like the audience. They like to be entertained so I like to entertain our talent as well. And the talent likes to be entertained or entertain themselves as we all do. It’s one great big entertainment wheel on all fronts.”

Vinn man hates the dirty sheets.

Angry Grimace

In my mind that quote is Vince being mad that people figured out that Roman's going over

They have a ton of talent, it's just that we are in for years of mania being headlined by Roman vs. Old Guy.

I'd say they have too much talent. When you have too many guys who can be legit top guys in some way you gotta get crafty with your storylines. There's barely any jobbers or low tier guys for them to use now. Outside of Breeze and Rhodes who else do they job out? For Christ sake they're trying to push Ryback, again

klonere

Banned
Main Event Result:

Zack Ryder defeated Tyler Breeze in a really good match.

faSnEWs.gif

How low on the totem pole is that? Over/under on release being 6 months off?

Top Bottom