• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Needs a new gimmick. The "blonde hair pretty boy" thing is tired
tumblr_mz59t3fXcW1qcr1pgo1_250.gif

klonere

Banned
Needs a new gimmick. The "blonde hair pretty boy" thing is tired

It is one of the quintessential pro wrestling gimmicks that has worked over the history of the entire genre. In the age of Instagram, Snapchat etc, it is a no brainer mid card heel persona. Look at how much heat Bieber/Drake/Northcutt all get. The gimmick is fine, the lack of creative energy from backstage just killed Breeze, his character has incredible potential. But instead he got to sit in a VIP area with Summer, lose to Ziggler and not talk or get his full entrance...

hamchan

Imagine if Dean actually won the championship at Roadblock and then Roman comes in, turns heel and beats the heck out of Dean. Then the main event at Mania turns into a fatal four way with Dean, Roman, Brock and Triple H.

This won't happen and we'll probably just get face Roman vs Trips but a man can dream.

kiguel182

It is one of the quintessential pro wrestling gimmicks that has worked over the history of the entire genre. In the age of Instagram, Snapchat etc, it is a no brainer mid card heel persona. Look at how much heat Bieber/Drake/Northcutt all get. The gimmick is fine, the lack of creative energy from backstage just killed Breeze, his character has incredible potential. But instead he got to sit in a VIP area with Summer, lose to Ziggler and not talk or get his full entrance...

Yup, the gimmick is fine and it can work. I don't think I even remember a promo for him. Or a story, or anything really.

You can't expect people to get over just for being there. Waste of talent.

If this is it for him might as well let him go back to NXT where they actually used him.

Son Of D

Is Breeze's demotion the quickest one we've seen? Other than that match with Ziggler he's done next to nothing. Other ones I can think of are The Ascension (that feud with New Age Outlaws then nothing except that Tag EC match and a very brief partnership with Stardust) and Adam Rose (he had that Bunny "feud" and is now in the Social Outcasts).

I'm mad at how breeze has been treated. Dude is great but nooooooooo they put him in a shitty feud with ziggler then kill him off. If you're going to keep giving AJ styles random matches with people feed him breeze.

hamchan

It sucks that Breeze spent 5 years in developmental just for this wet fart on the main roster.

I don't even blame him for any of it too, since they aren't even giving him a chance.

It's like he has backstage heat or something because the lack of faith shown in him is less than zero.

I loved watching the guy in NXT too so I just feel sad about this whole thing.

Wednesday night war

NXT
#1 contender's 2 out of 3 falls match: Samoa Joe vs. Sami Zayn

ROH
Top Prospect Tournament Finals: Lio Rush vs. Brian Fury
Adam Page vs. Cedric Alexander
Kongo vs. Moose
Dalton Castle vs. Christopher Daniels

Lucha Underground
Lucha Underground title match: Mil Muertes (c) vs. Pentagon Jr. Vs. Prince Puma
The Mack vs. Marty The Moth
Cage vs. Taya

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only thing Taya should do in her debut is give Kobra Moon the Buff/Booker treatment and throw her out the door because Kobra Moon is god awful

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In wrestling, we all love a great big surprise. We spoil it for ourselves by craving any inside info. It's cunty but it's how it is.

Real surprises that are kept as surprises, rare as they are, knock our socks off. See: Shane returning

Tn3J3rp.jpg

Well, this should be fun.

Oh wow

AJ vs KO 30 min iron man Saturday
in Atlantic City not Toronto

FUCK.

I had a feeling we would lose AJ to Atlantic City since we got Dean but how do you not put that on the Network?

Meanwhile we are now getting Sheamus and Barrett versus The New Day.

Also, Roadblock has four matches scheduled and that is after the Smackdown spoilers. I get the impression the rest of the card will be filled out by nothing of note.

Wasn't it seen as inevitable that Breeze was gonna flounder? the way I see it if you make it through NXT to the main roster without ever being champ then the odds are against you, you were basically being prepared as enhancement talent.

This is after all the company that has a talent like Cody Rhodes jobbing like a fool.

Rose got destroyed by Kane. That's a bigger spotlight than Breeze will ever have.

Speaking of, where is Kane?

Trying to figure out where he factors in the Shane/Taker punch up when the inevitable interference happens, soul searching if you will.

FUCK.

I had a feeling we would lose AJ to Atlantic City since we got Dean but how do you not put that on the Network?

Meanwhile we are now getting Sheamus and Barrett versus The New Day.

Also, Roadblock has four matches scheduled and that is after the Smackdown spoilers. I get the impression the rest of the card will be filled out by nothing of note.

I mean, it really is just a glorified house show, so that shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Our president's accent is very similar to Vince Russo. I expect him to say bro every other word. Lightening up this conference call.

Ithil

Wasn't it seen as inevitable that Breeze was gonna flounder? the way I see it if you make it through NXT to the main roster without ever being champ then the odds are against you, you were basically being prepared as enhancement talent.

This is after all the company that has a talent like Cody Rhodes jobbing like a fool.

Trying to figure out where he factors in the Shane/Taker punch up when the inevitable interference happens, soul searching if you will.

Flounder is one thing, but they didn't even give him a chance, gave him concrete shoes immediately.

kiguel182

Flounder is one thing, but they didn't even give him a chance, gave him concrete shoes immediately.

Pretty much. He didn't fail, he was never given a chance. Why even bother calling him up?

Breeze might not be main-event material but he is more than capable of carrying good feuds and matches.

I'd say they have too much talent. When you have too many guys who can be legit top guys in some way you gotta get crafty with your storylines. There's barely any jobbers or low tier guys for them to use now. Outside of Breeze and Rhodes who else do they job out? For Christ sake they're trying to push Ryback, again

This what I'm thinking in regards to NXT and the signing of Shnsuke Nakamura. NXT has Austin Aries and I don't know what's going on with Hideo Itami. Don't get me wrong; I think it's geat that he came over, but shouldn't HHH do something with those two talents?

Absolutely beautiful.

Aiii

So not worth it
Tyler Breeze's gimmick has always been one-dimensional and shit. Of course he was going to fail on the main roster. It's a shit gimmick, it was never going to get over, good call by Vince.

I know it is, but someone (I think here) said it best: He's bringing NOTHING to the table with it. He's just coming out super pompous with this flashy outfit and he's just there. I know they haven't given him promos or anything, but in the ring he's also not doing much of anything to elevate the character.

Sephzilla

I know it is, but someone (I think here) said it best: He's bringing NOTHING to the table with it. He's just coming out super pompous with this flashy outfit and he's just there. I know they haven't given him promos or anything, but in the ring he's also not doing much of anything to elevate the character.

I think NXT more than demonstrated he could do stuff with the character both in and out of the ring. He's simply not being given any kind of time on the main roster, just like a good deal of the roster.

Ithil

Tyler Breeze's gimmick has always been one-dimensional and shit. Of course he was going to fail on the main roster. It's a shit gimmick, it was never going to get over, good call by Vince.

So he should get no chance whatsoever to succeed and should be immediately buried and made into a waste of a paycheck and years of time in developmental. That makes sense.

Aiii

So not worth it
So he should get no chance whatsoever to succeed and should be immediately buried and made into a waste of a paycheck and years of time in developmental. That makes sense.

What are you on about? He had his shot, he didn't get over.

His first match was in a WWE Heavyweight Title tournament and then he had a feud and won a PPV match against Dolph Ziggler.

Nobody gave a shit.

Because his gimmick is shit and there's nothing to care about.

Bandini

His first match was in a WWE Heavyweight Title tournament and then he had a feud and won a PPV match against Dolph Ziggler.

Nobody gave a shit.

I gave a shit. So did a lot of other people who followed him in NXT and came to respect him quite a bit.

Nobody has ever gotten over from a small handful of matches or a feud with Dolph Ziggler. He would be fine if they gave him some actual material to work with.

Ithil

Nobody gave a shit.

Or maybe it was because he was introduced out of nowhere with zero buildup or context on a SMACKDOWN, then his first match on the main roster was a loss on RAW. Then he just wrestled Dolph over and over while getting no promo time, no vignettes, no angles, no nothing. They did nothing to get him over, they didn't even try.
Just "he takes selfies" and goes 50/50 with Dolph Ziggler. How is that a chance?

Then he was instantly dumped on superstars and made into a Zack Ryder level jobber.

The idea that if you're not instantly megaover on day one, you're worthless and should be buried, that is completely absurd. How many people are instantly super over?
Given you're so gung ho about how Eva Marie should be given a chance I would think you would understand that.

Ithil

"he takes selfies" is his entire gimmick.

But it's not at all. That's just the shitty version Cole tells you. Like how Emma was "Arm Point Girl" on RAW.
The gimmick isn't even complex but they still managed to water it down, somehow.

A heel Zoolander, that's the gimmick. You're telling me you can't do some vignettes with that? Or some creative ideas? In 30 seconds I could think of a bunch of skits or angles you can do with a gimmick like that. It's a midcard gimmick, without a doubt, but he's not in the midcard, he's a jobber at the very bottom.

They've got 30 fuckin writers and all they got from that easy to do gimmick was "uhhhh selfies?" and an unannounced, unhyped Smackdown debut in a nothing angle.

Top Bottom