• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do you really want to see Bayley reverted back to a 14 yr girl tho?

Bayley's story is relatively easy to repeat because its not a character-driven story. She's basically just a try-hard ultra babyface, which is an easily translatable character.

I'm mostly talking about these guys who show up with very specific gimmicks that need a whole story to go along with them, like Breeze, Bo Dallas, or someone like Baron Corbin.

Raw64life

tumblr_lfyw0hjSGD1qfo293.jpg

Sting/Undertaker
Austin/Punk
Bryan/Brock

How did none of these matches happen?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sting/Undertaker
Austin/Punk
Bryan/Brock

Sting/Taker - too late
Austin/Punk - Austin retired before Punk was any good
Bryan/Brock - Bryan kept getting hurt

Sting/Undertaker
Austin/Punk
Bryan/Brock

Austin was never going to come out of retirement. He knows it too much of a risk and I think he'd rather leave his legacy where it was instead of possibly ruining it. He went out the perfect way, same with HBK.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hogan's lawyer is on the stand shooting on the defense. Got them to cut the questioning short. Tremendous.

Speaking of cutting people short, I went back to watch Vince absolutely SILENCE the CM Punk chants on Raw.

Holy christ. It should not have worked that well but it was INSTANTANEOUS. Holy shit, that was incredible.

Mmmmmmmmmm, gotta love that almost £10 mark-up - it's amazing that it actually costs less to order direct from PWG, international shipping included. You're essentially paying £10 more per-DVD just to avoid the chance of your order being caught in customs.

I seem to get caught every time I order, it's the worst. Give me Pivotshare or give me death
actually don't, Pivotshare desparately needs Android/Android TV/PS4/360 app support, like yesterday

I seem to get caught every time I order, it's the worst. Give me Pivotshare or give me death
actually don't, Pivotshare desparately needs Android/Android TV/PS4/360 app support, like yesterday

Vimeo's probably my preferred method at the moment, Pivotshare's fine but a PS4 app would be SO goddamn useful.

klonere

Banned
ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

You know i was considering getting one of the PWG shows with the Euros on it but the stuff I've seen from the shows kinda turned me off. Too much goofy shit. I suppose I'm just looking for an excuse not to pay a ton of money for a DVD in the year of our lord two thousand and sixteen.

Vimeo's probably my preferred method at the moment, Pivotshare's fine but a PS4 app would be SO goddamn useful.

I've actually found that Pivotshare has gotten better on Android recently, at least on my Nexus 10. Chromecast works most of the time and even in browser watching doesn't break down as long as you don't skip around much. Completely destroys the battery though, much more noticeable than Netflix or Youtube.

Got what I wanted from Bret

BH: I am not a big Hogan fan but I will say that when someone tapes you without your knowledge and uses it against you… he’s got a good case maybe that way. As far as damages and stuff. You can never take away what he said. All of the stuff that he said came right out of his own mouth and was his own words. It did a lot of harm to his image. It cost him his relationship with the WWE. Probably for a lot of fans, especially black fans, I think they really saw a side of him that they’ll never really bond with again. Maybe rightfully so. As soon as I saw all that stuff happen I was like, “Wow! How could he make that kind of mistake?” When you’ve got friends like that Bubba guy that would actually tape you doing all these things and then try to sell those tapes. It sounds like a bunch of slimy people. Hogan is a slimeball and it seems like the kinds of people he hangs out with are slimeballs. Everybody got messy. Everybody got dirty out of that thing. If he makes a lot of money on it, I dunno, I can’t put a price tag on integrity and reputation. You’d never catch Bret Hart saying the things Hulk Hogan said.

You know i was considering getting one of the PWG shows with the Euros on it but the stuff I've seen from the shows kinda turned me off. Too much goofy shit. I suppose I'm just looking for an excuse not to pay a ton of money for a DVD in the year of our lord two thousand and sixteen.
Oh, I love PWG, I'm so happy the euros are there, it's just the cost. Obviously being put off by the product isn't going to have you rushing to buy.
I've actually found that Pivotshare has gotten better on Android recently, at least on my Nexus 10. Chromecast works most of the time and even in browser watching doesn't break down as long as you don't skip around much. Completely destroys the battery though, much more noticeable than Netflix or Youtube.
I'll have to try starting the cast from my phone, from my browser it skips and crashes 100% of the time.

Shadow780

Bayley's story is relatively easy to repeat because its not a character-driven story. She's basically just a try-hard ultra babyface, which is an easily translatable character.

I'm mostly talking about these guys who show up with very specific gimmicks that need a whole story to go along with them, like Breeze, Bo Dallas, or someone like Baron Corbin.

There is character progression with Bayley's arc tho, she came from the naive marky girl to the babyface champion that still possess that good nature. Provided it is an easy story to tell, Becky is pretty repeating that same thing.

Baron's gimmick is going to awesome since he can feud with any indie darling on the main roster right away.

Tyler's character is hard to get over to begin with, it might work with the Full Sail crowd but I think it's DOA with the main roster crowd. Dude needs a make over.

klonere

Banned
Oh, I love PWG, I'm so happy the euros are there, it's just the cost. Obviously being put off by the product isn't going to have you rushing to buy.
I'll have to try starting the cast from my phone, from my browser it skips and crashes 100% of the time.

Eh, I'd say a phone would start melting if it tried casting, it gets my tablet very warm and if upset will just freeze the thing. So yeah, they really need an Android app heh.

Yeah I'm not exactly flush with cash and already subbing to PROGRESS and NJPW World means DVDs that are nearly double the price of either subscription is not something I forsee myself buying in the near future. Happy the see the lads spread around, I'm definitely going to OTT in April which will be one of Ospreay's last stops before Japan! Can't wait to see him in person, everyone was buzzing about the main event with him vs Pete Dunne and Ryan Smile.

klonere

Banned
Pretty interesting article on Bray Wyatt's recent troubles:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/03/09/deconstructing-bray-wyatt/

Definitely recommend reading the whole thing.

He is Waylon Mercy with a little Max Cody, David Koresh and The Undertaker mixed in for the perfect combination of enigmatic cult leader with a hint of supernatural being. He is everything and he is nothing; he is everywhere and he is nowhere....(or at least he's supposed to be)

In reality Wyatt is a tired midcard act unable to maintain a meaningful connection with the audience despite a serious lack of intriguing characters on a shallow WWE roster.

Many went so far as to anoint Wyatt as The Undertaker of this generation (ironic considering that The Undertaker appears to be The Undertaker of this generation).

The initial rollout of Wyatt’s character remains one of the better introductions of a new character WWE has executed over the last several years. Programs with CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and The Shield helped the character continue to advance until he was ultimately packaged for a program with John Cena at WrestleMania 30.

This is where things began to fall apart.

The fact that Wyatt lost to Cena on multiple occasions means little. Pro wrestling is never about who wins and who losses but rather how someone wins or loses. In storytelling the how and why are always more important that the who and what......Wyatt was inexplicably booked as just another member of the roster; just another opponent for the supreme hero of WWE to squash

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Even my wife knows who the Shockmaster is and would immediately recognize if I did a Shockmaster impression, but I bet you she doesn't know who Sting is, really. Especially if I showed her surfer Sting.

Sephzilla

The fact that Wyatt lost to Cena on multiple occasions means little. Pro wrestling is never about who wins and who losses but rather how someone wins or loses. In storytelling the how and why are always more important that the who and what......Wyatt was inexplicably booked as just another member of the roster; just another opponent for the supreme hero of WWE to squash

The whole "wins and losses don't matter" narrative is something that really needs to die

Top Bottom