• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

I think I figured out the WM title match ending.

Triple H has someone interferer to help him. Ambrose comes to help he bro Roman but gets KO'd.

Then Seth returns and the announcers are all "he is here to help Triple H" and at the last minute he clocks HHH.

Someone gets triple power bombed through something and we get a short lived Shield reunion run post mania.

I'm so ready for internet armchair bookers to take all this the wrong way.

Vince trusting only his own opinion and blaming others when things go south isn't really news to anyone I think.

Unless you're talking about Shane possibly coming back as a suit and being given stroke over the booking to fuel some machevellian plan of vince's?

Fox318

I think I figured out the WM title match ending.

Triple H has someone interferer to help him. Ambrose comes to help he bro Roman but gets KO'd.

Then Seth returns and the announcers are all "he is here to help Triple H" and at the last minute he clocks HHH.

Someone gets triple power bombed through something and we get a short lived Shield reunion run post mania.

That crushes Seth's face run.

And there is going to be fucking money in that.

Roman is the problem he needs to turn Bret Hart heel.

Browny

Banned
On the assumption that Vince and H are supposedly on the same page (and they can build that up over the next few weeks), they could just have Roman side with Vince, Austin WM17 style. Just a brutal chair beatdown and a handshake in the middle of the ring. Job done.

klonere

Banned
How about Roman does what he is told, makes his money and draws sell out crowds to some of the biggest stadiums in the country, two years in a row?

Cos that's what Roman's gonna do.

Fox318

You want reigns to start talking about how much better canada is then the states?

A good Villain sees him as the hero of his story.

Reigns could call out the very people booing him.

"You say they want change but you cheer for Shane McMahon. You say you want a fighting champ but you cheer for Brock. You say you want a person you would be proud of yet you cheer for a Kevin Owens. Maybe I'm not the problem here"

Apparently Lucha Underground is close to a deal with Netflix

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...stling_observer_newsletter_lucha_underground/

A deal is very close to selling season one to Netflix, and if that deal happens, it makes the iTunes deal obsolete because why would people pay a few dollars for an episode or a higher figure for the full season when they can just get it for a Netflix subscription? The idea as it stands right now is if the deal happens, the Netflix deal will only be for the first season and iTunes would still get the second season

klonere

Banned
Sounds like Vince finally met Finn Balor and realized that he's 5' 9", 180 lbs. and 35 years old.

I can imagine Hunter trying to show off Baron, Cass and Hugo Knox but this weird insular Lego building Irish guy walks in, waves awkwardly and asks if Hunter had seen him and Bayley re-enacting Dirty Dancing on the house show last night.

That's when Hunter knew he had made a mistake.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The big drawback with iTunes is you can't really stream it anywhere in your home unless you bought a shit-ass Apple TV.

jmdajr

tumblr_o1hs1ubdV11td8n5ko1_500.jpg

A good Villain sees him as the hero of his story.

Reigns could call out the very people booing him.

"You say they want change but you cheer for Shane McMahon. You say you want a fighting champ but you cheer for Brock. You say you want a person you would be proud of yet you cheer for a Kevin Owens. Maybe I'm not the problem here"

The fans cheer Ambrose, Zayn and AJ too though. I don't think that line would work as well as it did in '97 when there were no true babyfaces except Bret. The top of the roster was Austin, HBK, Farooq and 'Taker.

Plus he'd have to be able to sell the promo. Vince would have to let him write his own, because he doesn't do scripted well

miserable

How about Roman does what he is told, makes his money and draws sell out crowds to some of the biggest stadiums in the country, two years in a row?

Cos that's what Roman's gonna do.

yes, because Roman sold out WM
WM is sold out because of WM, not because who is the headliner. it's a spectacle that people want to be part of regardless of the participants

Striker

The fans cheer Ambrose, Zayn and AJ too though. I don't think that line would work as well as it did in '97 when there were no true babyfaces except Bret. The top of the roster was Austin, HBK, Farooq and 'Taker.l
Bret.

You're right there were more grey area guys then, but for some reason it worked. Realism in stories draws and gets people excited. Fans booing Farooq for bringing up the company being racist and not having any African-American champions, Ken Shamrock bringing in the UFC prestige, Bret's anti-American storyline, Pillman, Goldust, etc.

Fox318

The fans cheer Ambrose, Zayn and AJ too though. I don't think that line would work as well as it did in '97 when there were no true babyfaces except Bret. The top of the roster was Austin, HBK, Farooq and 'Taker.

Plus he'd have to be able to sell the promo. Vince would have to let him write his own, because he doesn't do scripted well

Vince would have him smirking, saying nursey rhymes, and trying to use a cancer survivor to get him over.

You just know Vince wants to redo an Iraqi sympathizer angle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yes, because Roman sold out WM
WM is sold out because of WM, not because who is the headliner. it's a spectacle that people want to be part of regardless of the participants

Correct. Mania's draw is Mania itself.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
From the latest Observer -

"Exactly how much of this is legit or exaggerated you can make up your own mind, but the Vince McMahon vs. HHH dynamic is something that everyone is talking about internally, even more since Shane McMahon appeared on the scene. The feeling is that if Shane McMahon actually does come back into the company in an executive capacity that it’ll be Vince playing Shane against HHH and Stephanie.

While publicly HHH will say Vince loves NXT, the internal perception is very different, seeing it as a touring brand filled with so many guys Vince doesn’t believe are money. We do know there was a lot of heat on HHH and complaints for not selling the Reigns beating in public, because he had to get his face on the NXT show in London knowing it would be a super show in front of that crowd and he didn’t want anyone to not know it was his creation and baby.

The questions regarding Reigns given how he’s not gotten over with HHH as his adversary for so long has led to plenty of finger pointing, although a lot of people pointed to the crotch chop on Raw as the sign HHH is no longer really behind the cause of getting Reigns over as a face. Perhaps that’s just paranoia and frustration, but the way Reigns was eliminated at the Rumble and the HHH/Reigns interaction with him has been curious to say the least."

#politicalhit
"Shane, Shane ya gotta help me, HHH keeps signing these vanilla midgets who keep breaking goddamit."

As of this past Thursday WrestleMania 32 will have sold 84,000 tickets and the event is already nearing sell out. The final number will be just north of 84,000 unless WWE decides to open up standing room only tickets.

The former record for ticket sales to a WWE event was 79,127 tickets sold for Summerslam 1992. The previous record for a WWE US event was 78,000 for WrestleMania III tho WWE has regularly rounded that figure up to somewhere around 93,000. It’s very possible that WWE will announce the attendance for WrestleMania 32 to be over 100,000 people.

They'll report 110k

Bret.

You're right there were more grey area guys then, but for some reason it worked. Realism in stories draws and gets people excited. Fans booing Farooq for bringing up the company being racist and not having any African-American champions, Ken Shamrock bringing in the UFC prestige, Bret's anti-American storyline, Pillman, Goldust, etc.

Yeah, that was my point - Bret's america-only turn was so good because he was the only true babyface at the top of the company and people were cheering guys like the non-watered down Austin and hyper fratboy HBK at the time. It felt legit

Vince would have him smirking, saying nursey rhymes, and trying to use a cancer survivor to get him over.

You just know Vince wants to redo an Iraqi sympathizer angle.

"General Reigns"

I can see it now

klonere

Banned
The most interesting Meltzer has said in the last few days is that he thinks UFC is going through its equivalent of a Rock/Austin run: mainstream coverage at an all time high, 5 PPVs in close succession with close to or over 1 million buys (that's 5 Manias in the space of a year with PPV money!), great fights etc etc. All built of some girls and guys that can talk and be characters, that can build feuds.

Meanwhile we over here debating Roman Reigns.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The most interesting Meltzer has said in the last few days is that he thinks UFC is going through its equivalent of a Rock/Austin run: mainstream coverage at an all time high, 5 PPVs in close succession with close to or over 1 million buys (that's 5 Manias in the space of a year with PPV money!), great fights etc etc. All built of some girls and guys that can talk and be characters, that can build feuds.

Well, others are. There's not much to debate. Some people just wanna cry.

UFC doesn't really have people who hatewatch the product.

Well I’ve fought most them. Everyone knows some day I’m gonna beat the crap out of Seth Rollins – that would be awesome. I’d love to beat the crap out of him. I’d just love to have a great match with Seth Rollins. Roman Reigns, I’d love to wrestle him in like 10 years if he’s still wrestling, because by then hopefully he’d figure out how to work. It would be cool to wrestle Joey (Mercury) too, man, we wrestled a few times in OVW about 13 years ago but it’d be cool to wrestle him now just because so much has changed for both of us.
-Johnny Mundo

Fox318

Vince secretly wants to hotshot Braun with the Belt for a mania match against Roman.

I mean look how tall he is.

Everyone knows height is the number 1 drawing factor.

Conner McGregor, Floyd Mayweather, Steph Curry, Ronda Rousey, Manny Pacquiao, Katy Perry, and Robert Downey Jr. are all 6'11" and above.

Thats why Paul White is the biggest draw in history instead of an overweight bum who was never a draw and helped kill wrestling.

We all know what Reigns is - he's a limited guy that's great if you play to his strengths.

Vince plays to his weaknesses every week and hangs him out to dry. It is what it is and trips not crotch chopping was never going to make a difference. Nothing will change while vince books him like this.

Fox318

Meanwhile their best fighters aren't the best drawing.

UFC 195 did't draw anywhere near 196 despite having the best fighter in the game right now.

Top Bottom