• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
March 2016

03/2016

3/16

:O
giphy.gif

From the latest Observer -

"Exactly how much of this is legit or exaggerated you can make up your own mind, but the Vince McMahon vs. HHH dynamic is something that everyone is talking about internally, even more since Shane McMahon appeared on the scene. The feeling is that if Shane McMahon actually does come back into the company in an executive capacity that it’ll be Vince playing Shane against HHH and Stephanie.

While publicly HHH will say Vince loves NXT, the internal perception is very different, seeing it as a touring brand filled with so many guys Vince doesn’t believe are money. We do know there was a lot of heat on HHH and complaints for not selling the Reigns beating in public, because he had to get his face on the NXT show in London knowing it would be a super show in front of that crowd and he didn’t want anyone to not know it was his creation and baby.

The questions regarding Reigns given how he’s not gotten over with HHH as his adversary for so long has led to plenty of finger pointing, although a lot of people pointed to the crotch chop on Raw as the sign HHH is no longer really behind the cause of getting Reigns over as a face. Perhaps that’s just paranoia and frustration, but the way Reigns was eliminated at the Rumble and the HHH/Reigns interaction with him has been curious to say the least."

#politicalhit

"Exactly how much of this is legit or exaggerated you can make up your own mind, but the Vince McMahon vs. HHH dynamic is something that everyone is talking about internally, even more since Shane McMahon appeared on the scene. The feeling is that if Shane McMahon actually does come back into the company in an executive capacity that it’ll be Vince playing Shane against HHH and Stephanie.

While publicly HHH will say Vince loves NXT, the internal perception is very different, seeing it as a touring brand filled with so many guys Vince doesn’t believe are money. We do know there was a lot of heat on HHH and complaints for not selling the Reigns beating in public, because he had to get his face on the NXT show in London knowing it would be a super show in front of that crowd and he didn’t want anyone to not know it was his creation and baby.

The questions regarding Reigns given how he’s not gotten over with HHH as his adversary for so long has led to plenty of finger pointing, although a lot of people pointed to the crotch chop on Raw as the sign HHH is no longer really behind the cause of getting Reigns over as a face. Perhaps that’s just paranoia and frustration, but the way Reigns was eliminated at the Rumble and the HHH/Reigns interaction with him has been curious to say the least."

#politicalhit
Vince trying to win everyone back now lol. What a guy

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My guess is that if there's anyone in WWE who can tell Vince to fuck himself that's not the Rock, it's probably HHH at this point. The funnier story is that Dave says he doesn't actually know if the Reigns match is actually going to headline over Undertaker. Also, he also said that the NXT talent is really concerned about what will happen if they get called up due to the fact that Vince buried the fuck out of Tyler Breeze even though he was so well liked by almost everyone, particularly given that NXT is apparently a lot of fun to work for.

There's a bunch of other really funny things too:

* LOL at New Day's supposed plan for their WrestleMania match:
"What we are told is that they wanted to fly around the stadium on unicorns, but the company has not approved it and we’re told it’s less than 50 percent that it will be approved."

* Vince as fuck: "WWE is expected to make another round of aggressive talent signings from Japan, Mexico and the U.K. over the next few months. The name we heard they are most interested in is Kazuchika Okada, as apparently the key people in charge just found out that he’s tall."

* There's apparently actual talk of somehow getting the New Day to work a match against the Bullet Club Elite.

They better leave NXT alone, it actually got me back into wrestling.

On another note, the gif of the luchadore with the mask and skull paintjob is really making me want to check out LU. That guy has a killer fucking look. However, Catching up on 40+episodes of television seems daunting. Should I buckle down and watch the whole thing or just watch a recap video? Also, is iTunes the only way to watch it? Is there a cheaper option?

I've grown to really dislike NXT. I think that once I got past the set design and change of setting, I came to realize that I was watching a whole bunch of garbo characters just to get to the three or four that I did like. In contrast, WWE's problems are its booking, not its characters.

it's only an hour though. i skip the guitar guy and others.

asuka, bailey, samoa joe, sami zayn, team alpha male, enzo and cass

very fun matches when they're involved.

he looks like a man thot lol but they have lots of energy and are fun. i definitely think the sawft gimmick is corny as hell though.

and the crowds...why would you wear a shirt with that on it smh.

#politicalhit
Vince playing Shane against HHH, can't wait for the WWE themed Game of Thrones show.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, if you like Sami on NXT you're probably gonna be sad.

It's looking pretty bleak if Joe and Zayn are both leaving at the same time; hopefully Nakamura and the rest of the Bullet Club guys can do some work because they're running out of dudes that people care about.

I mean, if you like Sami on NXT you're probably gonna be sad.

It's looking pretty bleak if Joe and Zayn are both leaving at the same time; hopefully Nakamura and the rest of the Bullet Club guys can do some work because they're running out of dudes that people care about.

There's always more indie guys who need the money. Not everybody can get Young Bucks money. There might be some slow periods, but the indies will always have a new 'it' guy who everybody on the Internet thinks should be signed and immediately be given the title.

Angry Grimace

It's mostly just that all of the dudes who can cut promos are leaving.

WWE spends 2 years failing to get Roman over resulting in X Pac heat for its Try Hard, unnatural booking.

Blame Triple H for not getting him over in a month.

Sounds dumb enough to be true.

Also WWE's weird thing of burning people for breaking Kayfabe is hilarious. Its not the 70's anymore for crying out loud. No one gives a shit.

klonere

Banned

What did you think? I thought it was a good match (*** 3/4?) but missed that extra gear towards the end that a match of that length and gravitas needed. Still very enjoyable throughout which is pretty impressive given how long they went.

Fox318

The whole HHH and Vince dynamic is odd.

Vince was in gorilla for NXT Brooklyn.

I don't know how that isn't proof to him that a different production can get more guys over.

The whole HHH and Vince dynamic is odd.

Vince was in gorilla for NXT Brooklyn.

I don't know how that isn't proof to him that a different production can get more guys over.

Vince wants to create guys himself though. We've seen it time and again that he gives less support to people who were "made" before they joined the WWF. I wouldn't be shocked if he extended this view even to NXT.

Maybe he looks at guys and says to himself "THAT'S A HHH GUY DAMNIT"

Zach

What did you think? I thought it was a good match (*** 3/4?) but missed that extra gear towards the end that a match of that length and gravitas needed. Still very enjoyable throughout which is pretty impressive given how long they went.

I'd give Sami/Joey a B-. Glad they had the match, but I feel like they could do better.

hamchan

I don't blame HHH for the crotch chop. Sure he was supposed to be the heel but anyone with eyes and ears could tell there was no way he was getting booed and Roman was getting cheered that night. Might as well go all in and get a maximum reaction. Plus I don't think it's out of character for him.

Raw64life

While publicly HHH will say Vince loves NXT, the internal perception is very different, seeing it as a touring brand filled with so many guys Vince doesn’t believe are money.

Sounds like Vince finally met Finn Balor and realized that he's 5' 9", 180 lbs. and 35 years old.

klonere

Banned
I'd give Sami/Joey a B-. Glad they had the match, but I feel like they could do better.

Yeah pretty much what I thought too, Angry Grimace was right when he said Zayn is still a step slow since coming back. Physically he looks not 100% either. i hope the long break between the last set of tapings and Mania help him really get back to full fitness, he has a big two days that weekend...

I've seen 4.5* and 3.75* ratings. I would probably put it around 3.5*; Zayn sold the accumulated beating well, but the match felt a bit inflated to get it to its length.

On the other hand, it didn't feel like a 40+ minutes match.

Oersted

Theory/idea:

Roman should have betrayed The Shield. Make The Authority his mouthpieces and let him feud with Orton about who is the chosen guy. When Roman is over enough, screw him over to start his faceturn.

Now he is the chosen guy and goes over more popular guys. Thats heel booking.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

#politicalhit

I'm so ready for internet armchair bookers to take all this the wrong way.

Top Bottom