• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Barrage

It's pathetic how everyone wants to blame everyone but Sami for that Sami/Stardust match.

I've seen people blame Stardust, THE AGENTS, whoever they can to cover up that Zayn had his part in shitting the bed.

It's why I have no interest in seeing a Reigns/Zayn match.

If the match is great-"Zayn carried him"

If the match sucks-"Fucking Reigns"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
True. Hopefully after this Cody finally realizes Stardust gimmick is done.

He already knows it and has been training to get back into ring shape for some time. We have something new coming.

Guys remember that WWE game where you can legit kill people on the gamecube
Revenge Mode?

Ok have to ask, did Stardust do a good job carrying Sami throughout the match at Roadblock?
He did. It was good back and forth. The ending to the match was wtf worthy.

Every Monday I watch a run of 3 old Monday Night Raw episodes. This week I've got the final build to the In Your House : It's Time PPV.

All is right with the world, Sid is champ, Undertaker is feuding with Mankind and Paul Bearer is enlisting anyone he can to help. Stone Cold is on fire as a heel...it's a good time.
Does it make you feel weird watching those Raws then going to modern day MNR? You can easily point out every flaw today because they were doing things the right way back then. As soon as Raw goes off, I don't hesitate to turn whatever year I'm in back on.

Oersted

Was't Day of Reckoning? I don't know all I know you can throw people of a building and they would be gone forever shit was crazy

Crazy shit is Wrestlemania XIX. The Reckoning ones were more or less standard. Wrestlemania XIX had you sheming with Steph to sabotage the Wrestlemania event.

Mahonay

Banned
It's pathetic how everyone wants to blame everyone but Sami for that Sami/Stardust match.

I've seen people blame Stardust, THE AGENTS, whoever they can to cover up that Zayn had his part in shitting the bed.

I'm not sure how much agents would have influenced a live house show with the random match up of Sami vs Stardust

Also you can't just straight up ignore the match track records of the two guys. One has been putting on clinics, the other has disappeared into obscurity since his gimmick change and has disappointed when he does actually wrestle.

But maybe I'm just a smark fuck and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Fox318

If the WWE fired Cody Rhodes does anyone rush out to hire him?

Do people want to see him work?

I know if Zayn hit the market he would have a plethora of indie dates and every single fed would be after him.

Anth0ny

I know if Zayn hit the market he would have a plethora of indie dates and every single fed would be after him.

I think any remotely recognizable WWE name being fired/released would generate a ton of interest from other feds/indies. Cody would definitely qualify.

Also, I'm preparing for Mania by listening to Lapsed Fan Mania 13-17 podcasts. This is a great decision.

Mahonay

Banned

I think NJPW or LU would take him almost immediately.

Don't forget how good he can be when he's not Stardust.

Kaladin

Does it make you feel weird watching those Raws then going to modern day MNR? You can easily point out every flaw today because they were doing things the right way back then. As soon as Raw goes off, I don't hesitate to turn whatever year I'm in back on.

It does. You know what? It's all in the format. They can make 3 hours work with the characters and talent they have, but they have the format all wrong. Raw is a 3 hour marathon variety show meant to be watched in segments. That is why it works so well with the Youtube audience while boring the hell out of people who watch it live. Back in the day, they had different segments but it felt more cohesive, like the entire product was working to tell one story instead of every segment being it's own thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good. One thing I will say, he's looking in great shape even under the costume. His ring work as Cody was just infinitely more satisfying to watch.

I had no idea he was (in his words) out of ring shape but that suit can definitely mask it. I don't know if he was dealing with nagging injury or what, but he's set to change things up and he always has, and has been good at it. It's a big shift from his brother, who has managed to keep the same character for quite some time, yet Cody continues to reinvent himself.

Cody Rhodes Prime = Dashing W/Mask. Wish that could have lasted forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If he was good he wouldn't have had to try and be Stardust.

That's kinda dumb. Like "If the Undertaker was good he wouldn't have had to try and be the Undertaker" - not that I think Taker is exceptional at all anyway, he's simply been around for ages and wrestles his usual style of match just like Flair did for a decade or two. Same old shit. Just different people.

Supposedly they're set to show up some time around Mania, so it's possible.
Some think they'll have something to do with Shsne but I'm thinking run in with AJ simply because of the SD beat down.

It does. You know what? It's all in the format. They can make 3 hours work with the characters and talent they have, but they have the format all wrong. Raw is a 3 hour marathon variety show meant to be watched in segments. That is why it works so well with the Youtube audience while boring the hell out of people who watch it live. Back in the day, they had different segments but it felt more cohesive, like the entire product was working to tell one story instead of every segment being it's own thing.
With you mentioning it as a variety show, I'll probably never look at it the same again lol.

LOD 2.0HOLY SHIT!

Damn Bart Gunn looks good.

We've been overrun by these indie darlings who have no character so much that you all don't even accept what made wwe what it is. The characters.

Anth0ny

Angle coming back to train Shane in storyline would be an awesome touch

He doesn't need to work

ooooooooooooooooooor he can somehow show up during the match at mania and do a moonsault off the top of the cell through a table.

I

want

blood

Excellent storytelling in this 15 team over the top battle royal. Remember the feud Sunny had with the Godwins in 95', it's 98' and it sparked in this match. I like that.

Fox318

That's kinda dumb. Like "If the Undertaker was good he wouldn't have had to try and be the Undertaker" - not that I think Taker is exceptional at all anyway, he's simply been around for ages and wrestles his usual style of match just like Flair did for a decade or two. Same old shit. Just different people.

Mean Mark was not great and nowhere near as good as what the Undertaker would become.

Cody was told to change because he wasn't working out and now Stardust is making people want something else.

Dude needs to pull a Sandow and work in Puerto Rico and get his shit together.

ie9SScn.gif

Taka v Aguila was a good match, the ending was kinda weak though.

Aguila has to be proud, only 19 and gets a singles match on the grandest stage of them all for a title.

Hopefully Taka doesn't get stuck into some dumb gimmick later. He's doing good with what he has.

Damn The Rock talking like a prime Ronald Reagan.

Seriously if Owen doesn't win against Hunter, fuck this even. They already got rid of his family, at least let him win here. Keep the streak going.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The problem is that the match outline had Stardust winning 90% of the time which made little sense.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

OWEN? WTF? HOW DO YOU LOSE TO THIS MID CARD FOR LIFE BAG CARRIER. REALLY?

OWEN SHOULD JUST GO HOME FOREVER AND BE A FAMILY MAN.

THIS IS STUPID. Fuck Vince.

Not everyone can be as consistent in their hatred as Heenan.
It's funny because he usually is. The alignment with Bret made him kinda lose respect for Owen. I don't blame him, Bret was just a cry baby. Cried his way to wCw hopefully his career works out there. It'll suck if they go under, he can't come back.

I can't believe Microsoft is finally open to cross platform multiplayer gaming. This bodes well for the future and can make hosting Wrasslegaf gaming events easier if more games stick to one pool of players.

Top Bottom