• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys have really driven shoot and work into the ground so far, it emerged on the other side of the planet and then back into the ground
n4nL1j5.gif

And just to preempt the obvious response, let me say this to myself
kFGLEr4.png

miserable

Okada already had a lengthy reign in '13-'14, and he has 250+ day reign now. it's not like he just won the title at WK. i say let Naito have his moment

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okada already had a lengthy reign in '13-'14, and he has 250+ day reign now. it's not like he just won the title at WK. i say let Naito have his moment

That's a good point. In my mind I was thinking of Okada "Establishing" himself after his last Tanahashi match.

Okada's meant to have usurped Tanahashi's place, but little has changed in the grand scheme of things - even if Okada does drop the title, I expect it to be via shenanigans and doubt that he would ever be far from reclaiming it. Naito winning the title ahead of the G1 would be a cool way to go, with Nakamura & Styles gone there's not a lot many of the roster who have proven capable of holding the belt, so even a short title reign could be a statement for Naito, but if he does win I'd like to see him hold it until WK11.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Prize is paid out, again congratulations to Giancarlo "John Carlos" 123 for emerging as the winner of the Street Fighter V WrassleGAF tournament!

Also, if Sephzilla talks about defending your championship against him, he's near the bottom of the ratings as he got beaten by an unranked challenger (myself)

Guys, Roadblock, yay, or nay? I have not got to hear anything about it yet. At work bored.

I watched it at a friends house yesterday - probably better then mania will be. It had 2 good tag matches, a good women's title match and a decent wwf title match.

The supposed Wyatt/Lesnar match was bait and switch garbage though.

If you already have the network, yay I guess

Kaladin

Friends, a couple of weeks ago I cleaned out the attic to prepare to move my fiance into my home in a couple of months. I came across a lot of things I haven't seen in years. My Hot Wheels cars, my old Transformers which have sadly not held up over the years and even my earliest stuffed animals. I also came across something of note for this forum.

I have a selection of 50 Ring of Honor and Full Impact Pro DVDs that I would like to sell. They are all from around 2007. I have pictures if anyone is interested. This set also includes PWG BOLA 2007, TNA Year One, some early ROH compilations and something called PWU Crazy 8 2007. They are all confirmed to have the discs inside the cases....I have not tested the discs but the majority of them were only played once if that.

I figured I would offer them here before giving the set to the masses on E-bay. I've had success in the past and sold a few to Alucard.

Guys, Roadblock, yay, or nay? I have not got to hear anything about it yet. At work bored.
Very good minus Brock's match. I wouldn't accepted a replay of JBL crushing Funaki in 2 minutes over that shit.

Don't listen to the negative Nancy comments of, "This was stupid. It did nothing to change Mania."

I'll give you a hint, IT'S A FUCKING HOUSE SHOW THAT IS TELEVISED. NOTHING HAPPENS AT HOUSE SHOWS.

Enjoy😁
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x949xi

Farooq and Rocky Maivia transformation to The Rock; perhaps spoilers if you hadn't got that far yet. Farooq's rip on Ahmed lol
If it's after WM 14, I haven't made it yet. But he's already started referring himself as The Rock but JR doesn't want to call him that.

I can't view the video 😔

Edit, I can see it lmfao yes. This was my shit. But what's funny is the comments he made about Ahmed actually should be targeted to the rock. That's probably why he's looking uneasy.

Ahmed gave sn interview saying something along the lines of, Rock was a good kid with a lot talent but he wouldn't accept his black heritage as he did his Samoan heritage. He'd try his best to stray away from his black roots lol!

I can't imagine WWE would ever want to touch him in any capacity. Surprised any fans do.

Any capacity? I've not kept in touch with TNA much - I know that angle has apparently had painkiller problems and his body is a mess and he should not be wrestling, but is there anything stopping him just going on the mic?

Were there personal problems as well?

If it's after WM 14, I haven't made it yet. But he's already started referring himself as The Rock but JR doesn't want to call him that.

I can't view the video ��

look out for rocky's palatial palace speech at mania lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Any capacity? I've not kept in touch with TNA much - I know that angle has apparently had painkiller problems and his body is a mess and he should not be wrestling, but is there anything stopping him just going on the mic?

Were there personal problems as well?

I don't think there were personal problems, but if Angle touches a WWE mic, he'll get injured!

If I were WWE I would hate to see him die under their employ. I dunno. I just don't understand why people want him so bad when he shouldn't be wrestling anymore.

Fox318

Honestly the best thing WWE could do is sign Kurt to a deal and prevent him from ever working another match or doing something stupid like fighting in bellator again.

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/njpw-invasion-attack-2016-card-information/

The NJPW Road to Invasion Attack cards are up, as well as a preliminary card for Invasion Attack itself.

Road to Invasion Attack on March 19 will feature Tiger Mask defending the NWA Jr. title against Steve Anthony (who he won it from last year) and be main-evented by the NEVER title match between Shibata and Kojima, plus Elgin and Tanahashi vs. The Young Bucks and Goto's first match as a member of CHAOS as he teams with Ishii and Okada against LIDJ. Also Kenny Omega vs. Juice Robinson for some reason.

The March 27 event will be main evented by Okada, Goto and YOSHI-HASHI against LIDJ, plus several singles matches(!): Makabe vs. Tonga, Honma vs. Fale, Tanahashi vs. that cunt Yujiro, Jay White vs. Kenny Omega, and Michael Elgin vs. Cody Hall.

April 1 features the Goto/Ishii/Okada vs. LIDJ match again, plus an elimination match of Tanahashi, Elgin, Makabe, Honma, and Juice vs. BC (Omega, Tonga, Fale, Yujiro and Cody)

Invasion Attack has four matches set, Okada vs. Naito, KUSHIDA vs. Will Osprey, and GBH defending against Tama Tonga and his brother Tevita, who will now go by the name "Tanga Roa", and together they will be known as the Guerillas of Destiny. Also official is a Jr. Tag title match as Matt Sydal and Ricochet make their first defense against Roppongi Vice.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't think there were personal problems, but if Angle touches a WWE mic, he'll get injured!

If I were WWE I would hate to see him die under their employ. I dunno. I just don't understand why people want him so bad when he shouldn't be wrestling anymore.
If they bring him back it's probably as some kind of GM role only. Maybe in some big build up he throws on an Ankle Lock.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE saw the business Kimbo/Dada did and are doing Angle & D-Bry in the WWE's first legitimate deathmatch.

Bryan Vs. Angle Death match! You know you want it!

LOL damn

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/njpw-invasion-attack-2016-card-information/

The NJPW Road to Invasion Attack cards are up, as well as a preliminary card for Invasion Attack itself.

Road to Invasion Attack on March 19 will feature Tiger Mask defending the NWA Jr. title against Steve Anthony (who he won it from last year) and be main-evented by the NEVER title match between Shibata and Kojima, plus Elgin and Tanahashi vs. The Young Bucks and Goto's first match as a member of CHAOS as he teams with Ishii and Okada against LIDJ. Also Kenny Omega vs. Juice Robinson for some reason.

The March 27 event will be main evented by Okada, Goto and YOSHI-HASHI against LIDJ, plus several singles matches(!): Makabe vs. Tonga, Honma vs. Fale, Tanahashi vs. that cunt Yujiro, Jay White vs. Kenny Omega, and Michael Elgin vs. Cody Hall.

April 1 features the Goto/Ishii/Okada vs. LIDJ match again, plus an elimination match of Tanahashi, Elgin, Makabe, Honma, and Juice vs. BC (Omega, Tonga, Fale, Yujiro and Cody)

Invasion Attack has four matches set, Okada vs. Naito, KUSHIDA vs. Will Osprey, and GBH defending against Tama Tonga and his brother Tevita, who will now go by the name "Tanga Roa", and together they will be known as the Guerillas of Destiny. Also official is a Jr. Tag title match as Matt Sydal and Ricochet make their first defense against Roppongi Vice.

Not seeing a lot here that's got my attention. The only thing really, and I mean this is just a stopgap anyway, but seeing Tanga Roa now would be fun.

Kaladin

Every Monday I watch a run of 3 old Monday Night Raw episodes. This week I've got the final build to the In Your House : It's Time PPV.

All is right with the world, Sid is champ, Undertaker is feuding with Mankind and Paul Bearer is enlisting anyone he can to help. Stone Cold is on fire as a heel...it's a good time.

Mahonay

Banned
Every Monday I watch a run of 3 old Monday Night Raw episodes. This week I've got the final build to the In Your House : It's Time PPV.

All is right with the world, Sid is champ, Undertaker is feuding with Mankind and Paul Bearer is enlisting anyone he can to help. Stone Cold is on fire as a heel...it's a good time.
This is about the time I started watching weekly.

Because he's a great promo. I agree he should never wrestle again, but I wouldn't have issues with him doing a manager/gm/shaneomac trainer role as long as being on the road isn't going to exacerbate his problems.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because he's a great promo. I agree he should never wrestle again, but I wouldn't have issues with him doing a manager/gm/shaneomac trainer role as long as being on the road isn't going to exacerbate his problems.

He had a real knack for comedy. He had some seriously good timing.

Mahonay

Banned
How so? Sami really didn't do any offense. He Cena'd the win.
I'm sure Stardust called that match.

He called a boring match. It's almost as if all Stardust matches are boring.

Also it's an impressive feat to lull the crowd to sleep when you have Sami Zayn in TORONTO.

Kaladin

I have to admit, as a teenager, I enjoyed the whole nWo storyline and Nitro at the time. But going back and watching the era, WWF has better story telling and actual character development at the time. WCW is relying on the mystery of who will join nWo and shock value of the biggest heel turn in the history of our sport while WWF is doing interesting things with different characters and trying new angles.

I'm sure Stardust called that match.

He called a boring match. It's almost as if all Stardust matches are boring.

Also it's an impressive feat to lull the crowd to sleep when you have Sami Zayn in TORONTO.
True. Hopefully after this Cody finally realizes Stardust gimmick is done.

Top Bottom