• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Anth0ny

best parts of raw:

Ref getting hurt by the box HHH threw intended for roman

The Usos calming Roman down by saying "Uce" to him

Shane's botch

Vince's dive out of the ring

the usos character depth is literally pokemon tier

No one came off looking good with that ending. Taker's a #Vince'sBitch, Shane's punches are lmfao, and Vince is Vince.

This WM build. Woof.

amazing that I'm less excited now for that match than I was two weeks ago when it was announced.

and we still got two more weeks of raw to go, friends.

UberTag

You know they are going to try that again at Summerslam or Mania next year. Now that Roman is over LOL
Roman has to get his outright decisive win and look strong.
His little buddy Dean won't even be able to beat Brock with weapons whereas Roman will do it just with his superman punches and dashing good looks.

Taker's a #Vince'sBitch

SD6gPa2.gif

Holy shit I think the ending of the Jericho/Neville thing was real frustration from Jericho

The ref notices he's hurt and talks to him. Jericho says "are you ok?" and finds out he's hurt. Quickly rolls him up for the pin but the ref doesn't give him the 3 count. Jericho gets in his face yelling "he's hurt!"

Worked into a shoot
😱
Coincidence that the worst manias feature HHH in the main event?

2000, 22, 25, 32
You forgot 20.

I was going to say that every 8th WrestleMania is pretty much cursed, but Mania 24 gave us HBK/Flair and Taker/Edge.
What was WM 8? The deatg rate?

mreddie

So WM 32 is either gonna be forgettable like WM 25 or bad like 27. And there's no Bryan added or Seth cash in to save it.

Joy.

NastyBook

Can Shane just get a representative to fight for him?

Just call up Balor already dammit.
If that's the case, call up Apollo Crews, too, to fight on Taker's behalf. I'd rather see two young guys go at it, rather than one dude carry a dinosaur on his back for 15-20 minutes.

JTripper

Is Brock vs Ambrose in a No Holds Barred basically the replacement match that was supposed to be Brock vs Austin in a street fight that was teased during that Stone Cold podcast a while back?

20 is good.

Plus the trick is HHH taps out because he couldn't draw shit as a champ and it featured maybe the 2 best workers ever carrying him to a 5 star match.
I'll be honest, that's the only match I remember from that show.

Of course there was Angle and Eddie(I only remember the finish), same for Show and Cena. The other matches I don't recall being too good. I chose to forget Jericho losing. The Evolution v RnS was whatever.

Back to 98 where shit makes sense.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I got bored and stopped watching: I assume taker was like "imma kill you both" and Shane was like "no I'm cool" and then there was a fight.

This Wrestlemania will be a disaster.

I can't believe people were happy Shane was taking the place of Cena. Cena vs Undertaker would have been miles better.

The builds up are basically the same. Brock must have the easiest job in the world. Where the hell were the Wyatts?

This Lana and Brie feud nobody gives a shit about. Kalisto and Ryback is boring. The League of Nations is such a waste of four talents. They shouldn't be tag teaming. Dudley vs Usos is boring again. AJ Styles vs Jericho would be great if we had not seen it three times before.

This is going to be the worst Wrestlemania in history. To top it off a main event nobody wants to really see.

It's like a bunch of dumb Attitude Era E&C skits that still kinda hold up for some reason.+ modern memes
It's mainly always been their chemistry. That and Edge can make anything work. It's two adults acting like relatively funny twelve year olds, with a hint of self awareness at how absurd it is for them to still be doing it. It works. And the writing is surprisingly sharp at times. Those tweets, and things wwe fans say, there's at least one decent comedy writer working on the show.

And yeah. Tommy Dreamer so unexpected.

This wrestlemania card is going to be shit. Figures it had to be the one in my hometow n. No way they are getting 100k for this card without heavy papering.

It's mainly always been their chemistry. That and Edge can make anything work. It's two adults acting like relatively funny twelve year olds, with a hint of self awareness at how absurd it is for them to still be doing it. It works.

And yeah. Tommy Dreamer so unexpected.

T'was all worth it for the Bullet Club/TNA gag.

Hopefully they keep pulling more unexpected people in to cameo for this nonsense.

GunBR

I got bored and stopped watching: I assume taker was like "imma kill you both" and Shane was like "no I'm cool" and then there was a fight.
Shane: you're my father bitch

Taker tries to chokeslam, Shane throw some "punches", Vince push him and Taker chokeslam Shane and then look to Vince. He runs away and the show end

mreddie

This Wrestlemania will be a disaster.

I can't believe people were happy Shane was taking the place of Cena. Cena vs Undertaker would have been miles better.

The builds up are basically the same. Brock must have the easiest job in the world. Where the hell were the Wyatts?

This Lana and Brie feud nobody gives a shit about. Kalisto and Ryback is boring. The League of Nations is such a waste of four talents. They shouldn't be tag teaming. Dudley vs Usos is boring again. AJ Styles vs Jericho would be great if we had not seen it three times before.

This is going to be the worst Wrestlemania in history. To top it off a main event nobody wants to really see.

We are looking at the modern day WM 11.

Zach

Mother of god. I just watched JBL get knocked ooouuut in the Brawl for All finals and it was glorious. I should probably watch that after every modern-day PPV.

This wrestlemania card is going to be shit. Figures it had to be the one in my hometow n. No way they are getting 100k for this card without heavy papering.
According to Meltzer, they have already sold over 84k tickets, which is essentially the capacity for their setup.

WM itself is now the biggest draw in the history of the business. They could probably not air Raw at all for 2 months and still sell out a stadium for WM.

UberTag

Mother of god. I just watched JBL get knocked ooouuut in the Brawl for All finals and it was glorious. I should probably watch that after every modern-day PPV.
They could add Bart Gunn vs. JBL in a Brawl 4 All rematch to the Mania Star card and it would get over more than most of the matches.

Top Bottom