• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

This Wrestlemania will be a disaster.

I can't believe people were happy Shane was taking the place of Cena. Cena vs Undertaker would have been miles better.

The builds up are basically the same. Brock must have the easiest job in the world. Where the hell were the Wyatts?

This Lana and Brie feud nobody gives a shit about. Kalisto and Ryback is boring. The League of Nations is such a waste of four talents. They shouldn't be tag teaming. Dudley vs Usos is boring again. AJ Styles vs Jericho would be great if we had not seen it three times before.

This is going to be the worst Wrestlemania in history. To top it off a main event nobody wants to really see.
Wm 2000.2.0

Nation has that new music

This Wrestlemania will be a disaster.

I can't believe people were happy Shane was taking the place of Cena. Cena vs Undertaker would have been miles better.

The builds up are basically the same. Brock must have the easiest job in the world. Where the hell were the Wyatts?

This Lana and Brie feud nobody gives a shit about. Kalisto and Ryback is boring. The League of Nations is such a waste of four talents. They shouldn't be tag teaming. Dudley vs Usos is boring again. AJ Styles vs Jericho would be great if we had not seen it three times before.

This is going to be the worst Wrestlemania in history. To top it off a main event nobody wants to really see.

I went from thinking Shane/Taker main eventing was not only likely but good, to being against it. Shane's punches haven't improved, his promos have sucked, and Taker still looks as old as ever. If they close, are given decent time, and don't have a lot of big-pop bumps (which adds the risk of a major injury which would kill the match), it's going to be a much noticeably worse and boring match than even Reigns/HHH, with or without the crowd reaction factored in.

That match announcement was a bigger and harder thing to fuck up than the TLC crowd cheering Reigns killing HHH, and they fucked it up quicker.

And I'm now confident this Mania isn't being 100% salvaged. Not this time. No Seth, no Bryan, no MITB. There is nothing to save them this time. Their only hope was the Shane thing, and they fucked that up in under a full month.

For that reason, I insist you all not get your hopes up for any more big NXT developments on the main roster. Things like this Mania build are what they do when they're trying to succeed. Do you really want to see how they think they can get Finn over with a 10 minute fucking Demon entrance people are actively yawning/booing halfway through? A Bayley entrance without the tubemen because "she won't need them, they'll get it"? A Nakamura match where he wins via rollup after coming out to smooth jazz?

Fox318

I'll be honest, that's the only match I remember from that show.

Of course there was Angle and Eddie(I only remember the finish), same for Show and Cena. The other matches I don't recall being too good. I chose to forget Jericho losing. The Evolution v RnS was whatever.

Back to 98 where shit makes sense.
Honestly 20 features so much.

Last of the attitude era being phased out,
a main eventer straight up gets bored with wrestling and leaves,
The Rock decided he can make more away from wrestling and leaves,
Goldberg calls it quits,
HHH is forced to jon the belt away because nobody wanted to see him as champ in N.Y.(He would fix that by pairing benoit with Kane and justfying his feud with HBK),
Eddie gets his due and it's almost tragically too late
Foley does what nobody else can do and gets somebody over
Flair wrestles and is still more over than half the roster
Cena fucking kills it and proves he is legit then they change the character and people lose respect for him
First time a crowd viciclously rejects a wwe match and sets the precedent for crowds taking control when they are upset with the booking or talent.

mreddie

For that reason, I insist you all not get your hopes up for any more big NXT developments on the main roster. Things like this Mania build are what they do when they're trying to succeed. Do you really want to see how they think they can get Finn over with a 10 minute fucking Demon entrance people are actively yawning/booing halfway through? A Bayley entrance without the tubemen because "she won't need them, they'll get it"? A Nakamura match where he wins via rollup after coming out to smooth jazz?

Let's just admit right now, if Finn, Bayley or Nakamura got called up, Creative will ruin them

Barrage

People calling this the worst Mania ever should either be banned for hyperbole, or forced to watch 4 and 9 back-to-back.

It's like a 10 year old saying they have the worst life in the world. The workrate of Lesnar/Ambrose by itself will be better than either of those two ppPVs.

mreddie

People calling this the worst Mania ever should either be banned for hyperbole, or forced to watch 4 and 9 back-to-back.

It's like a 10 year old saying they have the worst life in the world. The workrate of Lesnar/Ambrose by itself will be better than either of those two ppPVs.

Plus they never saw WM9 11 or XV.

Zach

Hi, Barrage. I thought WrestleManias IV and IX were decent. Bye now.

Honestly 20 features so much.

Last of the attitude era being phased out,
a main eventer straight up gets bored with wrestling and leaves,
The Rock decided he can make more away from wrestling and leaves,
Goldberg calls it quits,
HHH is forced to jon the belt away because nobody wanted to see him as champ in N.Y.(He would fix that by pairing benoit with Kane and justfying his feud with HBK),
Eddie gets his due and it's almost tragically too late
Foley does what nobody else can do and gets somebody over
Flair wrestles and is still more over than half the roster
Cena fucking kills it and proves he is legit then they change the character and people lose respect for him
First time a crowd viciclously rejects a wwe match and sets the precedent for crowds taking control when they are upset with the booking or talent.
I gained from this that Kane is Hunter's man in which he throws people to do they lose steam.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The fact that Kalisto v. Ryback is a match on the card says a fucking LOT.

Zach

Nine isn't as terrible as it's made out to be. I think I while rather watch nine more than 16.

That atmosphere in 9 >>>>>>>

Dan Severn's theme >>>>>>>>
I've really liked Dan Severn's run, even if the crowd doesn't care at all. I mean, I used to think he was boring, too. But I was a small, stupid child.

shanafan

Well, I'm excited for WM32.

First, it's Wrestlemania. That's excitement right there. People will step their game up, so you won't see Fastlane-caliber matches.

Brock and Amborse will deliver, and make the event worthwhile. I think HHH and Roman will have a good match, and I really wouldn't jump the gun thinking that Roman will win.

Shane and Undertaker will basically be a bumpfest. Shane isn't a technical wrestler, so don't need to get into a hizzy complaining about his offense.

Let's admit it. The roster is limited right now. They have the big names that puts butts in seats, like HHH and Undertaker. This isn't NXT Wrestlemania, Owens and AJ can't headline a Wrestlemania in 2016. Maybe in a couple years but not right now. Accept the product for what it is now, and for $10 a month, it's an awesome deal to watch Wrestlemania!

Also Bray wasn't on the show, so it's safe to say he's hurt bad enough that if he does anything this Mania, it's a multiman match. Guess we have our first ARMBAR contestants in the Wyatt Family lmao

mreddie

Vince likes,big guys

giphy.gif

Vestal

Wtf?!!!

WM4 was great, Savage was that WM.

WM4 is pretty goddamned dire. Dead crowd, 16 (!!!) matches most of which are absolutely awful, and even the Savage/Dibiase match isn't particularly good. I'm struggling to think of any positives for it beyond Savage getting the belt.

I've really liked Dan Severn's run, even if the crowd doesn't care at all. I mean, I used to think he was boring, too. But I was a small, stupid child.
You have to know what he's about to appreciate him imo.

As a kid, I thought he was straight but he grew on me more

rrc1594

Mania 14 features 2 faces winning in the last event.

Mania 2000 features Steph's husband winning over a fucking over as shit star like the Rock.

Plus it's all over gimicked up

Wait is it the quality of the matches or the out comes you have a issue with?

Can't believe it but I'm kinda enjoying edge and Christian show. After all the shit I was slinging at it too during the fastlane promos hahaha

Luschient

I've worked myself into a shoot on Ziggler. I think I'm now ready to accept that they have zero fucking plans for him now or ever.

I fought this for a long time but I must now accept this reality.

Fucking blah.

I've worked myself into a shoot on Ziggler. I think I'm now ready to accept that they have zero fucking plans for him now or ever.

I fought this for a long time but I must now accept this reality.

Fucking blah.
Vince and HHH has no plans for Ziggler. But if Shane wins.....

Top Bottom