• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Stone Cold driving a Lincoln. That's my grandmother's type of car. This has to be a rental. Kevin Kelly needs a new haircut and face lift.

Lod in singles competition. What a shocker.

That's why they should give up on Reigns for now
This was the Roman that every one wants, and still the crowd was booing him
Let H keep the title until Rollins come back and put Reigns to fight Ryback or any other guy. Only after Summerslam put him in the main picture again, try to make him over and don't fuck up again

The crowd was starting to like him after he destroyed H at TLC and get the title from Sheamus at Raw with Vince returning. But the Reigns vs all at the Rumble killed his momentum
Because it's not enough give the belt to Roman, they needed to make all the pay per view about him and remember the people why they hate him

The crowd reaction (to be fair was bad all night) fits into my confusion with fans now. Fans just seem to be doing things because they're supposed to do them. Despite Roman flipping his shit they boo'd because they're supposed to boo him b/c everyone hates. Oh, someone we don't like is talking, let's start shouting WHAT b/c we're supposed to. A guy went through a table? Better chant "HOLY SHIT" b/c we're supposed.

There just seems like a lack of trueness to fans now.

This twin magic shit that doa keeps doing will get them killed eventually.

This edge guy, why is he picking fights and roaming the streets.

Taka and Bradshaw smoking? Why hasn't Taka defended his title since WM?

Zach

Just EA Access it, get ten hours with it. Easiest way to find if it fits what you want.

I don't like 2 out of the 3 "positions" to fight in, so it's not a buy for me. 3 hours of EA Access let me know this.

You can still do the ten hours thing? I didn't know if that was just before release or what...? If I can get ten hours of UFC 2 when my brother comes over on Friday, I'll totally pay $5.00 for a month of EA Access.

bjork

Roman desperately needs to turn heel, but at the moment there's no really good way to do it.

Have Dean say he needs backup in his corner at WM, to neutralize Heyman. Mid-match, Roman uses the wire bat on Dean and costs him the match. But he doesn't become a Heyman guy, he just becomes The Roman and he starts doing the eyebrow and wearing Rock shirts and shit.

Sephzilla

Have Dean say he needs backup in his corner at WM, to neutralize Heyman. Mid-match, Roman uses the wire bat on Dean and costs him the match. But he doesn't become a Heyman guy, he just becomes The Roman and he starts doing the eyebrow and wearing Rock shirts and shit.

He needs to betray the Rock

The problem right now with Roman turning heel is that HHH is still technically a heel character. You can't have Roman turn heel at or before Mania and then fight another heel. And if you have him turn heel at Mania and have him side with HHH, you end WrestleMania on the biggest wet fart of an ending since WrestleMania 9. If you have Roman turn heel you would have needed to do it at Roadblock. Have Roman betray Ambrose, side with HHH, and then work Ambrose (and maybe Lesnar also) into the main event at WrestleMania. Or alternatively just give Ambrose the strap and make it Roman vs Ambrose for the title with Roman turning heel.

The only way I see it working is if Roman beats HHH at Mania and then basically flips off the entire crowd.

mreddie

There's no Nation though.

Anth0ny

Roman desperately needs to turn heel, but at the moment there's no really good way to do it.

roman/hhh goes second from the top at mania. roman wins.

taker/shane is a fucked up match, bunch of run ins and smoke and mirrors. ultimately, reigns comes in to "save the day", but instead spears the fuck out of shane and joins vince and the authority. it was all a swerve.

the next night on raw, he delivers his "die rocky die" promo in front of the raw after mania crowd.

Sephzilla

taker/shane is a fucked up match, bunch of run ins and smoke and mirrors. ultimately, reigns comes in to "save the day", but instead spears the fuck out of shane and joins vince and the authority. it was all a swerve.

the next night on raw, he delivers his "die rocky die" promo in front of the raw after mania crowd.

c8Ene56.gif

Barrage

The Heel ship has sailed. They had opportunity at Survivor Series, hell, coulda maybe squeezed it in at Fastlane. But we're past that point.

And BTW, a Cena Heel turn is also impossible, because there is no Face loved enough to get the required heat. The last one he could have really done it to was Bryan.

the next night on raw, he delivers his "die rocky die" promo in front of the raw after mania crowd

And Vince would rather support Roman, who he's been actively scheming against for months, than his son-in-law because....?

Is DX heel or face? Because they're fucking trash now. Why in the fuck does X-Pac have a microphone? He's worst than Sunny, who screams on the mic?

rrc1594

That's pretty good

bjork

Here's a scenario:

- WM opens with Rock cutting his usual dumb promos for all the dopes to lap up. Shits on the roster and buries dudes, as he does, then talks a bunch of shit on HHH and what a bitch he is, and tries to pump people up for Roman, which is met with loud boos.

- backstage segment with Rock trying to pump Roman up, but he says something super cocky and you can tell it pissed Roman off. Then Dean tries to calm him down and he tells him to fuck off too.

- about an hour into the show, Rock is found laid out in the back, but no one knows who did it. A sledgehammer is found at the scene.

- Roman costs Dean his match with Brock. This story can be filled in on Raw later.

- Roman comes out for his match with HHH. At some point, Rock shows up and Roman has HHH down. He stands over him to do the people's elbow, but during his run to bounce off the ropes, he snatches Roman and gives him the rock bottom, because Roman attacked him out of jealousy. Rolls HHH on him, then lays on top of both of them, and he becomes the WWE champion for the 90th time.

Then all is explained the next night on Raw: Shane won, so we get a new Raw. Rock has to go film movies, so they are vacating the title and having a tournament for the new champion, with a bracket filled with people who've never won the title before.

Then we hear "what is Leakee Rains doing in the impact zone"

Reigns doesn't need to side with the Authority or anyone else, just have him develop a new demeanor- the result of trying his hardest to win over The People™ all while a portion of them booed him for like a year. Joining the Authority is not only hard to take seriously at this point, but also too predictable a turn. Make him the self-aware, anti-Cena refusing to live in an ungrateful mixed reaction for years while still trying to be a hero.

It's going to take more than brawls and blood. The guy has to drastically shift his dynamic with the crowd, his dynamic with the roster, and his attitude while performing. A real heel run is the only shot at possibly getting the entire crowd on board at some point. I don't see how they can let this guy drown in mixed crowds or boos. He hasn't even built up the main event status that Cena had before people turned on him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can still do the ten hours thing? I didn't know if that was just before release or what...? If I can get ten hours of UFC 2 when my brother comes over on Friday, I'll totally pay $5.00 for a month of EA Access.
Yep. I can go to, like, fuckin Need for Speed and play for ten hours right now if I want. Not just before release.

Problem is that the only person they can feed Reigns to is a returning Cena, since Ambrose will probably need to spend some time getting heat back after his recent losing streak, and no one else is over enough to seem believable against him.

klonere

Banned
Problem is that the only person they can feed Reigns to is a returning Cena, since Ambrose will probably need to spend some time getting heat back after his recent losing streak, and no one else is over enough to seem believable against him.

Face Seth vs Heel Roman is THE FEUD brother. Believe that. If Cena is back in time for post Mania, that'd be a good program to get Reigns going. If not, he could murder AJ for a few months and get the smarks really mad while having great matches.

Face Seth vs Heel Roman is THE FEUD brother. Believe that. If Cena is back in time for post Mania, that'd be a good program to get Reigns going. If not, he could murder AJ for a few months and get the smarks really mad while having great matches.

I'm not sure if I'm more hyped for a Face Rollins vs. Heel Reigns feud or The Shield reuniting. Both would make my special parts tingle.

Anth0ny

And Vince would rather support Roman, who he's been actively scheming against for months, than his son-in-law because....?

triple h and roman were in cahoots the whole time

the finish to their match was pre-determined. a work within a work. a worked work, if you will. and that's a shoot.

I mean... they've done it before. Wrestlemania X7. Major heel turn angle to end the show. Only difference is no one wanted Austin to turn heel, while in this case everyone wants to boo Reigns.

You dangle that "change is coming" carrot in front of the audience with Shane's return, and then rip it away from them. Nothing is changing you marks. That's heel heat, brother.

A Right to Censor prelude but not as heelish.

Also, one fan screaming "YOU'RE A __GGOT RHODES!"
I'm getting sick of the disrespect for him. He has a wife and kid. How can he be one? I bet it's some geek saying it and he's never touched a woman not named" mom" before.

mreddie

I'm getting sick of the disrespect for him. He has a wife and kid. How can he be one? I bet it's some geek saying it and he's never touched a woman not named" mom" before.

Attitude Era fans.

Dustin is really underrated but the Attitude Era, they didn't know what to do with him.

Striker

Attitude Era fans.

Dustin is really underrated but the Attitude Era, they didn't know what to do with him.
There's been gross wrestling fans way before that. Mostly in the WWF and ECW, though. Like fans booing Farooq for bringing up racism in the company, which he had a factual point.

As for Goldy, once he was toned down and turned face, it was kind of over for the character in terms of anything meaningful. If he had stayed with the overly-flamboyant antics and stayed heel, he could've been a top heel for a good while facing Bret, Michaels, or Taker.

fwiw, I loved his feud with Razor, short lived it was.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How? Dude lost dirty to a champion in the main event, when he starts jobbing to ziggler is when you should show some concern.

I think the comical part is that people would have gotten just as mad if Owens lost.

There's been gross wrestling fans way before that. Mostly in the WWF and ECW, though. Like fans booing Farooq for bringing up racism in the company, which he had a factual point.

As for Goldy, once he was toned down and turned face, it was kind of over for the character in terms of anything meaningful. If he had stayed with the overly-flamboyant antics and stayed heel, he could've been a top heel for a good while facing Bret, Michaels, or Taker.

fwiw, I loved his feud with Razor, short lived it was.
If only you knew what those fans were.

Scott Hall is pussy, he ran to wCw because Goldust was going to beat his ass, that's all.

Val Venis debut. Let's see if he's good.

Top Bottom