• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

MC Safety

Total Divas has a segment where Rosa, who for some reason is still being paid, decides she wants to become a backstage interviewer. She decides to conduct a practice interview with Natalya Neidhart.

Oddly enough, Rosa is a better wrestler than she is a backstage announcer.

Wednesday Night War

NXT
The Vaudevillains vs. jobbers (Hugo Knox and Tucker Knight)
"The Drifter" Elias Samson vs. Steve Cutler (JFC, enough with the Drifter)
Emma vs. Santana Garrett
NXT Championship match: Finn Balor (c) vs. Neville

ROH on Comet
The Boys vs. Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser
Top Prospect Tournament match: Brian Fury vs. Action Ortiz
Top Prospect Tournament match: Punisher Martinez vs. Lio Rush
Matt Sydal vs. Adam Cole

Lucha Underground (not putting them in spoilers since they actually promoted two of these matches in last week's episode)
Gift of the Gods ladder match: King Cuerno (c) vs. Fenix
Kobra Moon vs. Sexy Star
Prince Puma vs. Pentagon Jr.

Should be good.

Menome

I think I made the card too easy, only one day and four squares down already:

EkA7kl0.png

Barrage

Puma/Pentagon and Cuerno/Fenix ladder match is kinda a bummer, cuz it means Puma/Pentagon wont get as much time as it should. Hopefully im wrong tho.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
NXT sure does have a lot of jobber squash matches.

As much as people like the show, from week to week there's almost always one match of relevance and then the other 2/3 of the show is just nothing happens. I mean, its to be expected since it still IS developmental and a chance for these people to work out their skills in a live, televised setting. But still, its not always the most exciting thing, especially when the squash matches are people with weird gimmicks we don't know anything about like Elias Samson. I don't think the way they've been trying to push this guy makes a lick of sense. He has the most NXT gimmick ever and all he does is destroy random jobbers. I can't even tell if he's face/heel because I....don't even know if Corey Graves is face or heel anymore.

As much as people like the show, from week to week there's almost always one match of relevance and then the other 2/3 of the show is just nothing happens. I mean, its to be expected since it still IS developmental and a chance for these people to work out their skills in a live, televised setting. But still, its not always the most exciting thing, especially when the squash matches are people with weird gimmicks we don't know anything about like Elias Samson. I don't think the way they've been trying to push this guy makes a lick of sense. He has the most NXT gimmick ever and all he does is destroy random jobbers. I can't even tell if he's face/heel because I....don't even know if Corey Graves is face or heel anymore.

What has also hurt NXT is that the jobber matches have featured uninteresting characters. I could sit through a jobber match, but when you're adding the shittiness of The Drifter, I'm reaching to fast-forward through the match.

It's not like the NWA episodes on the Network are full of star vs. star matches. They're as full of jobber matches as NXT episodes are. However, the difference in the quality of the characters is vast, and you can chalk it up to the difference between one of the premier promotions of its time vs. a developmental promotion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oops, it was Beulah. Had to look up video again. Thank you!!

* need energy drink friends*

was gonna say, the only risque pin I remember was Beulah in the ECW special

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
There's no way they have Ambrose win and turn the title match into a three way (or four way if Brock is added), right?

Even if I think a sustained run with Ambrose holding the title and Reigns being his badass enforcer brother driving the Authority insane would actually be a fun run up to Summerslam?

Pikma

Banned

I think it's because of the way the show is recorded, if it was any different we could see faster paced storylines with the same pool of wrestlers showing up every week or two.

shanafan

I wasn't watching back in 2013.. but love the clip of Dolph cashing in MITB and beating Del Rio.

So, I have to ask.. what was his stable all about? Was Big E a bodyguard and AJ a girlfriend or something?

Zach

I think I made the card too easy, only one day and four squares down already:

Guys, I bet Seth is returning at WrestleMania. And how about Vince being a racist for that whole Titus incident? Speaking of Vince, do you think he'll be able to recruit Trump for a SummerSlam appearance? I mean, it's probably too late for 'Mania, but SummerSlam is a total possibility, in my opinion. Does it even matter, though? Vince isn't even getting a reaction anymore. Why does he even show up? About Roman Reigns, I believe some of you only dislike him because you're a smark, while the rest of you like him because you're a mark! If you think I'm wrong, please provide a source supporting your claim. Could Monday's RAW be the worst ever? Probably. No, yes. Definitely yes. It was the worst RAW ever. Even with the piped-in audience reaction. Or was it not piped in? Seems difficult with the live nature of the show, but what do I know? If you know definitively, please provide a source. Thanks. I don't know anything about indie wrestling except it all includes gratuitous violence. Triple HHH is the face going into Mania? Triple HHH is the face going into Mania. I HATE JBL. Seriously. As a person and a performer. F that guy. And I cannot believe Kevin Owens is being buried by management. He's one of their biggest talents! He should just go to TNA. But wait, aren't they on sale now? Bids start at $9.99 -- HA HA. What happened to Darren Young? I barely even remember him. Who is Darren Young? Can I get a source on his existence? Shane is probably going to die at WrestleMania. He's old and willing to do crazy bumps. He should be on Smackdown more, though. Smackdown has been a lot better than RAW lately. I respect Big Show now.

Enjoy the rest of your March, my friend.

Menome

Guys, I bet Seth is returning at WrestleMania. And how about Vince being a racist for that whole Titus incident? Speaking of Vince, do you think he'll be able to recruit Trump for a SummerSlam appearance? I mean, it's probably too late for 'Mania, but SummerSlam is a total possibility, in my opinion. Does it even matter, though? Vince isn't even getting a reaction anymore. Why does he even show up? About Roman Reigns, I believe some of you only dislike him because you're a smark, while the rest of you like him because you're a mark! If you think I'm wrong, please provide a source supporting your claim. Could Monday's RAW be the worst ever? Probably. No, yes. Definitely yes. It was the worst RAW ever. Even with the piped-in audience reaction. Or was it not piped in? Seems difficult with the live nature of the show, but what do I know? If you know definitively, please provide a source. Thanks. I don't know anything about indie wrestling except it all includes gratuitous violence. Triple HHH is the face going into Mania? Triple HHH is the face going into Mania. I HATE JBL. Seriously. As a person and a performer. F that guy. And I cannot believe Kevin Owens is being buried by management. He's one of their biggest talents! He should just go to TNA. But wait, aren't they on sale now? Bids start at $9.99 -- HA HA. What happened to Darren Young? I barely even remember him. Who is Darren Young? Can I get a source on his existence? Shane is probably going to die at WrestleMania. He's old and willing to do crazy bumps. He should be on Smackdown more, though. Smackdown has been a lot better than RAW lately. I respect Big Show now.

Enjoy the rest of your March, my friend.

Deliberate attempts don't count.

Verendus

Banned
I'm looking forward to Roman continuing his streak of good matches. I'd have to imagine this Jimmy Haitch match gets another showing at the next PPV with a stipulation possibly. From there, maybe he'll move onto manhandling Dean Ambrose or Kevin Owens.

The future is definitely bright.

I'm gonna re watch the Trips/ Orton feud of 2009 later after work. Orton was awesome. And most of it was just on expressions. But Shane no sold the punt right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How are neither of these Bingo options? The latter could almost count as "You only dislike Roman because you're a smark."

It should be. I keep forgetting about the podcast then people remind me, and I have a laugh over that whole scenario.

Such a nut. If we ever meet -- over my dead body!! -- I will constantly quote that and see if you respond in kind.

I would rather not meet over your dead body, but in the world of friendship and joy. Like Arn Anderson and JJ Dillon meeting over dinner.

Hopefully Shane and Vince are punished after breaking kayfabe like this just like Lana was. Some people might realize wrestling is scripted and they aren't actually mad at each other.

Any reason why you think the boss would be subject to the same rules as the people under him? Because there's not any reason why he would.

Menome

How are neither of these Bingo options? The latter could almost count as "You only dislike Roman because you're a smark."

The former was in it a few months back. Got to give things a rest, otherwise every month would be "Make Roman look strong" in half the boxes.

Top Bottom