• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

kiguel182

Any reason why you think the boss would be subject to the same rules as the people under him? Because there's not any reason why he would.

Of course he should. The boss shouldn't get preferential treatment in matters that aren't related to his duties. He is also a performer on the show.

Bosses shouldn't be above the rules.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Of course he should. The boss shouldn't get preferential treatment in matters that aren't related to his duties. He is also a performer on the show.

But he's the boss.

kiguel182

But he's the boss.

So?

Let's say he says that performers on the show need to keep kayfabe during storylines. He is a performer on the show therefore he should do the same.

You could even say his storyline is even more important than Lana's since it's one of the main-events of the biggest Wrestlemania of all time.

Being the boss shouldn't mean you can punish your employers for something and then go and do it free of consequences.

Zach

It should be. I keep forgetting about the podcast then people remind me, and I have a laugh over that whole scenario.

I would rather not meet over your dead body, but in the world of friendship and joy. Like Arn Anderson and JJ Dillon meeting over dinner.

Any reason why you think the boss would be subject to the same rules as the people under him? Because there's not any reason why he would.

I can't handle real-world gimmick posting.

Verendus

Banned
So?

Let's say he says that performers on the show need to keep kayfabe during storylines. He is a performer on the show therefore he should do the same.

You could even say his storyline is even more important than Lana's since it's one of the main-events of the biggest Wrestlemania of all time.

Being the boss shouldn't mean you can punish your employers for something and then go and do it free of consequences.
Clearly, I've misunderstood things.

Zach

You guys realize that Vince/Shane pic is quite old, right? Clearly they had a falling out shortly thereafter.

Verendus

Banned
You guys realize that Vince/Shane pic is quite old, right? Clearly they had a falling out shortly thereafter.
Are you trying to say my time travelling powers aren't real?

I mean, I thought I had clearly seen wrong, but I only believed I had unintentionally activated a superpower.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So?

You're allowed to since you're the boss. He doesn't need a comeuppance. Bosses do that shit. Do as they say, not as they do.

KissVibes

Banned
Easy explanation for that picture: Vince and Shane put their disagreements aside for the children. As Vince, in both character and in real life, has had traumatic experiences as a child, he doesn't want his grandchildren to suffer.

Easier explanation: It's his goddamn company. He can make and break rules as he sees fit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What podcast?

piJRbjH.gif

Make Roman look strong has come full circle

Zach

I'm drawing the line in the sand. No Man's Sky. Good game or huge disappointment? Pick one. I'm keeping score.

I'm drawing the line in the sand. No Man's Sky. Good game or huge disappointment? Pick one. I'm keeping score.

Not to be a negative ninny but Huge Disappointment has been my stance since the word go and I wont eat any crow until it's forced upon me if it proves itself worthy of the hype.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

The people posting in its OT will love it, because they paid money for it and will justify it

I'll amuse myself with it for a bit and see what it is, but I don't have high hopes.

kiguel182

Good game.

Some people will call it a disappointment because they are expecting something the devs have never promised.

Zach

Yeah, I'm thinking it's going to be fun for a minute. So a disappointment. But I'd love to be wrong.

Gurrry

I watched the Shane vs Kurt Angel match for the first time last night and holy shit dude, that was insane.

Shane being clearly dropped on his head but still going through both panes of glass was unreal. Then to top it off with that crazy ass finisher while standing on the wooden board... gat dayum.

I dont think we will see anything at that level at WM, but I hope Shane gives us one more holy shit moment even if its subdued compared to that match.

I've watched Bryan Danielson vs. Tommy End from wXw's AMBITION 1 show in 2010 and Hideki Suzuki vs. Masato Tanaka from Zero-1's 1/1/2016 show. Quality bouts and good wrestling so far today.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What podcast?

damn good zinger

What has also hurt NXT is that the jobber matches have featured uninteresting characters. I could sit through a jobber match, but when you're adding the shittiness of The Drifter, I'm reaching to fast-forward through the match.

It's not like the NWA episodes on the Network are full of star vs. star matches. They're as full of jobber matches as NXT episodes are. However, the difference in the quality of the characters is vast, and you can chalk it up to the difference between one of the premier promotions of its time vs. a developmental promotion.

I don't want to say that Samson is horrible yet - his matches seem okay, but I have no idea what his deal is and I've seen him wrestle 4 times. I don't think it should take more than one or two matches to know what a wrestler's deal is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What does this even mean?

I'm surprised that the make roman look strong "talking point" (lol) has come around to the point where people use it, yet they didn't pick it up from the CM Punk podcast with Colt Cabana where he coined that phrase and the ISEC picked up on it.

Time to watch the Monster Express vs. VerserK vs. DIA.Hearts match from Truth Gate 2016.

Kotoka is the "bleh!" guy, right? He's already annoying the fuck out of me, in a good way, in this match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm surprised that the make roman look strong "talking point" (lol) has come around to the point where people use it, yet they didn't pick it up from the CM Punk podcast with Colt Cabana where he coined that phrase and the ISEC picked up on it.

Honestly, if we can break down the entire thing in three words vs. going over why Roman sucks in detail, I'm okay with people just saying "Roman look strong." We could probably fill a monthly thread full of long posts about the various aspects of why Roman Reigns sucks.

Top Bottom