• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Mahonay

Banned
Friends. I miss these guys. So much.
HdJwfhY.jpg

It's too bad someone in the back decided Rollins needed to be put down a peg and had J&J pin him in a match. Still can not fucking believe that happened. Beyond stupid.

kiguel182

Friends. I miss these guys. So much.
HdJwfhY.jpg

It's too bad someone in the back decided Rollins needed to be put down a peg and had J&J pin him in a match. Still can not fucking believe that happened. Beyond stupid.

They were great, disbanding them was such a dumb move.

Well, every Rollins booking decision was a pretty dumb move if we think about it.

Attitude Era matches started to suck once we got crap spots and moves like the People's Elbow (as a finisher), the Worm, Stink Face, Road Doggs dance moves etc that all shaped the current lame set ups to the current crap style we see today.

The in ring from 96-99 is very different from 2000-2002 Attitude. Can't stand set up moves today like Romans outside apron boot or Del Rios stomp finisher. 619 is a move like that too that I hate.

The only set up move that worked great was the Curb Stomp. Since it's a natural set up and makes sense in the context of the match.

And yeah, 96-97 was magical. Seemed like a shoot. Everyone seemed so mad back than.

I feel like people look back on the Attitude Era with a bit of rose colored glasses. I say this only because of the arguments that booking is repetitive. The more I look back and think about the people getting booked every week was pretty repetitive. Nearly every Raw started with or ended with Austin, Vince or DX too.

Sephzilla

If you were to make a modern day 4 Horsemen who would you put in it?

Seth Rollins
Kevin Owens
Cesaro
AJ Styles

Paul Heyman would be in the JJ Dillon role

I feel like people look back on the Attitude Era with a bit of rose colored glasses. I say this only because of the arguments that booking is repetitive. The more I look back and think about the people getting booked every week was pretty repetitive. Nearly every Raw started with or ended with Austin, Vince or DX too.

People were okay with Raw opening/ending with Austin, Vince, or DX because those segments were still written in an entertaining fashion and (for the most part) Vince was actually booking things to cater to what fans wanted (more or less out of necessity)

Ithil

Roman has terrible instincts. No argument there.

He'd have had a chance to develop them had he not been forced into a can't win situation by the booking so they undercut his growth quite severely in that respect.

I actually think this speaks to the intangibles of who you push strong early vs. who you allow to develop and grow into their characters. If someone has a natural charisma and a fundamental understanding of ring psychology and who they are as a performer and how they should react, I think an overpush can work fine. Throw them out of the nest and watch them fly.

But Roman's socially awkward. This approach was never going to flourish for him.

I believe the problem is they assumed him "looking cool" would suffice. They forgot he also needs the personality to go with it, which he doesn't have.
You could shave his head into Minoru Suzuki's haircut and have him kick ringside staff as he enters to Kaze ni Nare. He's still not gonna be Minoru Suzuki.

Zach

Lol. It was not as widely considered an offensive term in the 90's.

Hell, I've had to tell less-aware friends in current day that it's really not a cool term to use.

Mahonay, I will not rest until you and your kind stop using "90's" and start using the grammatically correct "'90s" or "90s"!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
KO's a good fit for Four Horsemen's kind of ruthless style. I know he can turn it up, and we've seen virtually none of that in WWE.

Other people I'd toss in there?

Minoru Suzuki. Naito. Tomasso Ciampa.

Is being in WWE a requirement? Because if it is, then there is no way to make a Four Horsemen stable retaining the flavor of the original.

Zach

KO's a good fit for Four Horsemen's kind of ruthless style. I know he can turn it up, and we've seen virtually none of that in WWE.

Minoru Suzuki. Naito. Tomasso Ciampa.

Is being in WWE a requirement? Because if it is, then there is no way to make a Four Horsemen stable retaining the flavor of the original.

Did you mean to leave out Dolph Ziggler? Seems like a weird omission. Here, I'll just add it for you:

Minoru Suzuki. Naito. Tomasso Ciampa. Dolph Ziggler.

Yeah, that's more like it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you mean to leave out Dolph Ziggler? Seems like a weird omission. Here, I'll just add it for you:

Yeah, that's more like it!

I can't wait until we meet. I'm gonna bully you so much.

Ithil

There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea.
You became the light on the dark side of me.
Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and
The light that you shine can be seen.

Anth0ny

Ibushi : Honestly, I want to join the place where Nakamura & El Generico wrestle. They are the best wrestlers in the world.

run in at takeover dallas confirmed

Wednesday Night War

NXT
The Vaudevillains vs. jobbers (Hugo Knox and Tucker Knight)
"The Drifter" Elias Samson vs. Steve Cutler (JFC, enough with the Drifter)
Emma vs. Santana Garrett
NXT Championship match: Finn Balor (c) vs. Neville

ROH on Comet
The Boys vs. Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser
Top Prospect Tournament match: Brian Fury vs. Action Ortiz
Top Prospect Tournament match: Punisher Martinez vs. Lio Rush
Matt Sydal vs. Adam Cole

Lucha Underground (not putting them in spoilers since they actually promoted two of these matches in last week's episode)
Gift of the Gods ladder match: King Cuerno (c) vs. Fenix
Kobra Moon vs. Sexy Star
Prince Puma vs. Pentagon Jr.

Top Bottom