• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

bjork

Am I wrong for feeling like HHH and sting were kind of the same guy? I was always told how bad ass or important they were through story lines, commentators Etc. but when it came time to watch them actually wrestle or talk on the mic they were kinda blah. HHH is better on the mic and was a good heel but I still found them both just bland I guess. They were so built up then the pay off always seemed flat. Granted Sting carried a promotion on his back and they were good workers and always showed up but they never matched there hype for me.

If you came to WCW at the Nitro era, you didn't see sting at his peak. A couple years prior, he was way over and was like "this is what Warrior would be like if he wasn't nuts"

Ronin Ray

Sting vs Vader I and II were fantastic things. Did you see those?

I have seen one sitng Vader match and I came away super impressed with Vader. I know he had some good matches I am not saying he is bad. I just never thought he matched how he was built up if that makes sense. In fairness I didn't see much of sufer sting. I only saw crow sting, but take Undertaker for example. He was built up so much and in the ring he would pull it off to me. I heard so much about how amazing Randy Savage was and I went back and watched and he 100% was. Maybe I have to do the same with sting.

Bray/Roman part dos (Anyone But U2) currently planned for later in the year when Bray's back isn't broke

Failed heel vs Failed face, #LetsDoThis

Ronin Ray

If you came to WCW at the Nitro era, you didn't see sting at his peak. A couple years prior, he was way over and was like "this is what Warrior would be like if he wasn't nuts"

Alright I will have to go back and watch some old sting. I need to go back and see some old Steamboat and flair also.

bjork

Alright I will have to go back and watch some old sting. I need to go back and see some old Steamboat and flair also.

I forget which Flair/Steamboat match is considered the best. Music City Showdown or something like that, from 89? Flair's got a good I Quit match with Terry Funk from around then, too.

Screen_Shot_2016-03-16_at_9.26.18_PM.0.png

New God King

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
HHH is legit one of the greats and I don't give a damn what anyone else says. That dude back in the day made the most legit angry I've ever been at a fictional product. When he beat Austin in that 3 stages of hell match I probably would've killed the guy if you let me.

For me HHH is the greatest heel of all time.

I always wonder how little Cena fans felt when Birk squashed him at SS, was it similar to me as a kid? Lol I can't forget that one child yelling for Cena all throughout the match only to get silenced when Bork won.
Damn right. HHH is one of the most underrated I all time.

Sting vs Vader I and II were fantastic things. Did you see those?

Sting and Foley had good matches.

And Sting/Cactus Jack. And Sting/Rude. And Sting/Flair.

I have a lot of good Sting memories.

Look at all the little stingers

klonere

Banned
hi this is my 7th grade final video projet i made on my fav wresler Shinsuke Nakamura who just joined the wwe so i thought i'd make a video that made him look special for all thew wwe fans out there, i spent 5 hours in final cut making this it was very hard thanks to my cousin jenny for helping me out with this as well...also JOHN CENA hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vObSNzlzmBA

hi this is my 7th grade final video projet i made on my fav wresler Shinsuke Nakamura who just joined the wwe so i thought i'd make a video that made him look special for all thew wwe fans out there, i spent 5 hours in final cut making this it was very hard thanks to my cousin jenny for helping me out with this as well...also JOHN CENA hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vObSNzlzmBA

Holy shit this is real. Just have Aj and Owens talk about how great he is.

Savitar

Icon?

HHH is a B+ player from the Attitude Era.

This is true.

He really is a B+ player, in many ways I think he sort of knows, he was always the supporting player to more popular people even if they couldn't wrestle for shit. Probably gave hm an inferiority complex that never quite went away, when he got the connections and power to move ahead he took it for all it's worth and never looked back. Now being one of the big wigs he can pretty much reshape WWE history as Vince and co so often does to portray what they believe things were or can be and people will believe it if they say so. I mean, who can really say otherwise?

rrc1594

HHH IMO is greatest heel of all-time. My favorite match is still HHH Vs. The Rock Ironman match. Even tho it has a goofy finish

Sephzilla

Attitude Era HHH is absolutely a B+ player. His ascent to the "A" tier didn't happen until near the tail end of the proper Attitude Era.

I think there's an argument to be made that A-level Triple H helped contribute to the recession in popularity of professional wrestling (though to be fair some of that was inevitable and not his fault)

HHH IMO is greatest heel of all-time. My favorite match is still HHH Vs. The Rock Ironman match. Even tho it has a goofy finish

HHH was a fantastic heel, but he isn't even the best heel of his prime. Mr McMahon has HHH trumped in the heel department.

Attitude Era HHH is absolutely a B+ player. His ascent to the "A" tier didn't happen until near the tail end of the proper Attitude Era.

Yeah, I think the only time HHH was a true A tier wrestler was roundabout royal rumble 2000.

That feud going into the rumble between trips and cactus jack is one of the hottest I've ever seen in wwf.

Sadly he tailed off pretty quickly afterwards.

Menome

To be honest, I didn't realise people were down on Triple HHH until I joined up here. Back in high school during 1999-2003, my friends were split into three camps:

Triple H
The Rock
Steve Austin

Poor old Foley not getting a look-in, despite him holding the belt at one point.

Sephzilla

Yeah, I think the only time HHH was a true A tier wrestler was roundabout royal rumble 2000.

That feud going into the rumble between trips and cactus jack is one of the hottest I've ever seen in wwf.

Sadly he tailed off pretty quickly afterwards.

Attitude Era HHH is a glorified supporting character. He is, at the very best, the 7th most important character of the Attitude Era (strictly WWE, not including WCW). Austin, Rock, Vince, Foley, Undertaker, and Bret were all more significant to that era than HHH was. Hunter leads the crappiest version of DX, and when he breaks away from DX he usually ends up playing second fiddle to someone else (usually Vince or Shane).

Royal Rumble 2000 vs Foley is when Hunter became a legitimate main eventer. But realistically the Monday Night Wars were kind of over by that point and that was the tail end of the Attitude Era we all remember.

Poor old Foley not getting a look-in, despite him holding the belt at one point.

In hindsight Foley is the MVP of the Attitude Era. Dude was involved in a lot of significant stuff back then. He also straight up saved Undertaker's career in my opinion (Taker and Foley both helped each other tremendously)

bjork

To be honest, I didn't realise people were down on Triple HHH until I joined up here. Back in high school during 1999-2003, my friends were split into three camps:

Triple H
The Rock
Steve Austin

grandpa what was life like before iphones

Top Bottom