• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
To be honest, I didn't realise people were down on Triple HHH until I joined up here. Back in high school during 1999-2003, my friends were split into three camps:

Triple H
The Rock
Steve Austin

Poor old Foley not getting a look-in, despite him holding the belt at one point.

No lie, Triple H is what made a lot of my friends stop watching wrestling. Raw opening up week after week with him and Steph droning on for 20 minutes became unbearable. I will give him credit where its due though, I always liked his look, and The Pedigree is a god tier finishing move.

Ummm if Kane bleeds, how would you see it? Austin may as well give up.

Wtf Kane sounds like Thomas Dolby.

HE'S GOING TO SET HIMSELF IN FIRE!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Fenix the best baby face going today or what?

Cdw3Cf9UkAA5jXA.jpg

Puma is yesterday's news
m2.jpg

klonere

Banned
Am I missing something from that Lana gif?

I mean all she did was kick somebody in the face.

It was a very nice looking high kick from someone hasn't wrestled a single match yet.

Looks better than anything Eva has managed to do in NXT so far

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Am I missing something from that Lana gif?

I mean all she did was kick somebody in the face.

It's Liquidsnaking. (i.e. when a person acts like a performer they are physically attracted to is super good against all objective evidence)

bjork

2000 was when WWF was in full bullshit mode with 80 billion catchphrases and asshole special moves like the worm were over. But if you were like 10 in 2000, I could see liking it. You didn't know any better.

Lord that CZW stuff is gnarly. Probably would have dug it in my late teens.

I think Brock/Ambrose could be a great match. They were pretty good at Fastlane.

So I don't always live in the past.

Sting might be my 3-4 favorite all time, and when I heard that he is retiring, I thought good. This last decade has been pretty bad. His WWE run was 15 years too late, and just bad all around. They didn't know what to do with him, and he didn't have it anymore.

Thanks Sting, NWA WCW is how Ill remember you. When you closed every Monday night dropping from the rafters, Ill never forget me and my friends hyped as f**k. It was the best of times. I will carry those feelings with me for ever.

Crow Sting 1997 was one of the best gimmicks ever. Im going to erase the entire WWE Sting from my memory.

Fox318

2000 was when WWF was in full bullshit mode with 80 billion catchphrases and asshole special moves like the worm were over. But if you were like 10 in 2000, I could see liking it. You didn't know any better.

I mean the talent was good and the crowds were hot for the product but the creative doesn't hold over as good as say 1996 WCW or 93 WCW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The more old Ted DiBiase I watch the more I love it. He was a perfect talent. Not a weak spot on him at all in any department. He had everything.

bjork

I mean the talent was good and the crowds were hot for the product but the creative doesn't hold over as good as say 1996 WCW or 93 WCW.

It was a rare period where anything stuck when they threw it at the wall, but yeah. Trump gets hot crowds too, doesn't mean he's the best politician ever.

The more old Ted DiBiase I watch the more I love it. He was a perfect talent. Not a weak spot on him at all in any department. He had everything.

We talking Million Dollar Man days, or pre? Either way, you're right.

It's kind of amazing that a CZW guy is now a WWE main event guy

Watched NXT, that Gable suplex near the end was siiiiiiick. Great promo from Austin Aries too, though the "greatest man ever" thing is weird

Definitely, though a lot of ECW talent went on to WCW/WWE as well. Certain dudes, like Nick Gage, will never make it out of the hardcore leagues.

84woR.gif

2000 HHH > or = Authority HHH >>>>> DX HHH > generic face HHH > Hunter Hearst Hemsley > Evolution HHH

2000 HHH was like a prototype for Authority HHH, where his inflated sense of importance due to being married to the boss' daugther is played up, and he could go the distance in the WWE Main Event style as well as anybody at the time. Steve Austin was out most of the year, and he stepped up as the legit big Heel of the year. And he looked amazing.

hqdefault.jpg

Authority HHH is like the polished version of 2000 HHH. They've taken the "B+ player with the elevated self-worth cuz he married to the boss daughter's" thing to the next level, wearing suits and ties and shit. He's like a megamix of Vince McMahon and Vince Russo and all those authroity figures we've hated, and the best part is that he was totally right. He IS responsible for WWE's future, he does control NXT, this IS his ring and he can tell you to leave.

And its not like Daniel Bryan was just carrying him. This nigga put on the boots and WORKED. Dude busted out tiger suplexes and chain submissions. Like dude, where has this version of HHH been in the last decade?

The other versions of HHH are much worse. The out of shape HHH who did boring long as matches and boring lost ass promos and went over much more interesting wrestlers on a annuial basis. Then there's DX HHH, which is just one long tired dick joke extending forever(like my dick hey-oooooooooooooooo). And I just don't like Face HHH. We shouldn't want to cheer this dude. He is the bad guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We talking Million Dollar Man days, or pre? Either way, you're right.

Million Dollar Man especially, but even before he was solid. The gimmick cemented him. He was seriously, like Curt Hennig

Absolutely perfect

Not a single weak link in his chain. He wasn't amazing at in-ring but sucked on the mic, or vice versa. Nor was he the craziest partier who was at risk of death or getting popped for roids. He was excellent on every frontier.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CZW is incredibly enjoyable to watch. Their early 2000s are just fun on a whole different level, regardless of gore. It's fucking great.

bjork

Million Dollar Man especially, but even before he was solid. The gimmick cemented him. He was seriously, like Curt Hennig

Absolutely perfect

Not a single weak link in his chain. He wasn't amazing at in-ring but sucked on the mic, or vice versa. Nor was he the craziest partier who was at risk of death or getting popped for roids. He was excellent on every frontier.

Totally. Good matches, good storylines, and memorable promos that they didn't have to play week after week. People remember them now, even people who weren't huge fans back then. Today's team could learn a lot from that.

Top Bottom