• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

NXT Miami was pretty fun tonight. Some pretty funny dudes in my section and I admit they made me chuckle a few times... Matches were pretty good and things started out great with Sami Zayn vs Baron Corbin. Sami cheered like crazy and Baron Corbin was mostly booed.

Carmella and her partner facing Emma and Billy Kay was okay. Riddick Moss vs Rick Swann was alright too. Then American Alpha versus The Revival was pretty damn good while it lasted. Ended with a draw with Gable and Dawson's shoulder on the mat. Post match ended with Gable and Jordan getting the better of the Revival...

Bayley had probably the biggest cheers of the night. Took on Nya Jax and won with her belly to bayley which was surprising. My boy Tye Dillinger faced La Sombra and Dillinger made him look great. Crowd responded pretty good to La Sombra after a while.

Joe vs Balor was main event and the crowd jeering at Joe because he wore green because it was Saint Patty's day... And by singing him Happy Birthday during the match. He played along and yelled at our section too stop. He lost, and post match was Finn Balor having the crowd singing happy birthday to Joe again and then singing a song for Saint Patty's day. NXT is going to WBP tomorrow... I want to go but... I think I will be fine.

Fun show and hopefully NXT does a TV taping down here in Miami. And hopefully I can catch Takeover live next year at Orlando during WM weekend next year.
I'm going to the wpb show later, I didn't think there would be a chance got Zayn to show up since he's on the main roster so this excites me! Gable is quickly becoming my favorite all around in wwe so I'm excited to see him for the first time.

JavyOO7

I'm going to the wpb show later, I didn't think there would be a chance got Zayn to show up since he's on the main roster so this excites me! Gable is quickly becoming my favorite all around in wwe so I'm excited to see him for the first time.

Oh man, Gable is incredible. He just looked like a big star every time he was in the ring yesterday. Very evident. Jordan is getting there too.

edit - and have fun tonight at the wbp show! The Miami show went by really fast and was bummed out it was all over so soon. The NXT roster knows how to put on a fun show.

CUREITr.gif

Me too. The new commentary consistently blows out my eardrums, from my TV.

It's a complete contrast - Jim was subdued, Glenn & RJ react way too loudly.

Agreed, they could do with sorting out the audio for the Manchester shows as well - it's a bigger building, but even Jim's mic sounds bad during the intros. Guess it's just teething problems with the new venue and doing live commentary, hopefully they'll figure it out.

On Monday's RAW it was advertised that the WWE Network will feature 7 hours of WrestleMania coverage and the Hall of Fame ceremony, but NXT Takeover: Dallas got no mention. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that a lot of people within the company are openly unhappy that the NXT event was not promoted on RAW.

Either someone simply forgot to include NXT Takeover in their WrestleMania week lineup, or someone in WWE felt it wasn't important enough. One conspiracy theory is that Kevin Dunn may have made the decision to leave Takeover off the promotional video on RAW. NXT is considered to be Triple H's project, and Dunn has nothing to do with the NXT product.

Meltzer noted that the feeling within WWE is that Dunn will likely be let go when Triple H and Stephanie McMahon eventually take over the company.

NXT Takeover: Dallas will take place on April 1 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, and will feature Shinsuke Nakamura’s debut.

http://rajah.com/node/51295

I can dream of better days.

I'm not the hugest fan of Kotaro, but that match should be very good. And yeah, they're a weird-ass promotion - I'm going to watch the show with Omega/Haskins and Pentagon/Drago shortly, but it also has a 20 minute Tatanka match. And Robbie E. Weird.

I'm not the hugest fan of Kotaro, but that match should be very good. And yeah, they're a weird-ass promotion - I'm going to watch the show with Omega/Haskins and Pentagon/Drago shortly, but it also has a 20 minute Tatanka match. And Robbie E. Weird.

Christ, that Tatanka match went 20 minutes? I will never understand how these places run. I might have to check this out, Omega Haskins sounds like a fun time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
*stands up*

I have a confession to make. When I was younger...I preferred DX to the Nation of Domination.

*cry*

I'm proud of you for being honest. It takes a lot of guts to come up here and say something so fucking terrible and stupid that it'll scar you to the end of days.

Bishoptl, I think his tag needs an adjustment in light of this new, horrifying information.

Browny

Banned
I'm proud of you for being honest. It takes a lot of guts to come up here and say something so fucking terrible and stupid that it'll scar you to the end of days.

Bishoptl, I think his tag needs an adjustment in light of this new, horrifying information.

"... and a degree in bad taste."

Kaladin

Last night I caught up on Lucha Underground up to this week's episode. That triple threat was something else. Looking forward to Mil vs Fenix, and mother fucking Aztec Warfare.

On a side note, I discovered that after a while Sling TV removes the commercials from their back episodes.

jmdajr

Hmmm didn't know this.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the reason the WWE Roadblock match between Brock Lesnar and Bray Wyatt was changed to a handicap match is because Bray is working with a “pretty signifcant” back injury.

Guess that's why Wyatt/Brock isn't a Mania program anymore.

Browny

Banned
Just been listening to the OSW pod on the Russo Reboot Thunder, and they explain that Jeff Jarrett's gimmick of "slapnuts" and "the stroke" was all about masturbation. I had no idea...

bjork

I challenge you to go watch this match

Sid-El-Gigante-wwe.jpg

At least this didn't happen over and over to the point of being bored to death like Rock's promos.

heel biker taker is literally, LITERALLY the only good Undertaker

Original no-tattoos undertaker with the grey gloves is the king. Barely ever spoke, and usually he's just planing some wood for a casket while Paul Bearer is going apeshit. I ate that stuff up. Then he came out with the purple and everything went sideways with his character from there.

Sephzilla

heel biker taker is literally, LITERALLY the only good Undertaker

this is factually incorrect

Original no-tattoos undertaker with the grey gloves is the king. Barely ever spoke, and usually he's just planing some wood for a casket while Paul Bearer is going apeshit. I ate that stuff up. Then he came out with the purple and everything went sideways with his character from there.

Grey Taker and early Purple Taker is the best and probably most consistent version of the Taker character. Mostly because he acted like a slow monster during his intro and then didn't turn into a wannabe MMA fighter once the bell rang. But man, that slow and methodical pace of his was boring as shit if you weren't a 10 year old who still somehow thought everything was real.

Best Taker is probably Old Man Taker circa the WM24 through WM26 run era.

At least this didn't happen over and over to the point of being bored to death like Rock's promos.

kronk-oh-right-o.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Punk somehow wins his first UFC fight
assuming he ever fights
the salt from WrassleGAF is going to be amazing.

He probably will they're going to assign him a can.

CM Punk in UFC is equally as carny as Lesnar being in a "street fight" at WrestleMania, or the CEO's son fighting the Undertaker.

bjork

Grey Taker and early Purple Taker is the best and probably most consistent version of the Taker character. Mostly because he acted like a slow monster during his intro and then didn't turn into a wannabe MMA fighter once the bell rang. But man, that slow and methodical pace of his was boring as shit if you weren't a 10 year old who still somehow thought everything was real.

Best Taker is probably Old Man Taker circa the WM24 through WM26 run era.

I liked original Undertaker because he was basically the ultimate culmination of what a WWF wrestler needed to be. He was a dude who could throw other dudes around, but all his stuff was themed around his character. He's an undertaker and his manager is called Paul Bearer, goddamned hilarious. An urn to give him powers, putting dudes in body bags and coffins. It was the exact right blend of awesome and stupid that wrestling is lacking nowadays.

He is probably the last character like that, that they got right. We were talking about Ted and Perfect being great examples yesterday, but up to a point, UT fits in there too. I like to pretend that the real UT died at 1994 Royal Rumble and so they got a new guy after that. Two, even, to have that summerslam match.

Sephzilla

I liked original Undertaker because he was basically the ultimate culmination of what a WWF wrestler needed to be. He was a dude who could throw other dudes around, but all his stuff was themed around his character. He's an undertaker and his manager is called Paul Bearer, goddamned hilarious. An urn to give him powers, putting dudes in body bags and coffins. It was the exact right blend of awesome and stupid that wrestling is lacking nowadays.

He is probably the last character like that, that they got right. We were talking about Ted and Perfect being great examples yesterday, but up to a point, UT fits in there too. I like to pretend that the real UT died at 1994 Royal Rumble and so they got a new guy after that. Two, even, to have that summerslam match.

You're pretty damn spot on here. Original Undertaker, along with Mr Perfect and the Million Dollar Man, was basically a definitive "wrestling" character. And you're right, I ate that corny shit up back in the day. They don't make characters like that anymore. The closest I think they've come to another character like that is either Bray or Demon Balor, but both of them are miles behind.

Also Undertaker is the last pure Vince McMahon creation that actually worked.

Kaladin

Mil Muertes destroyed Prince Puma and Pentagon Jr. with a comeback the likes of which we haven't seen since Lesnar vs Cena vs Rollins.

Jamie OD

Mil Muertes destroyed Prince Puma and Pentagon Jr. with a comeback the likes of which we haven't seen since Lesnar vs Cena vs Rollins.

I love that ending just because it was the first Triple Threat I've seen in ages that didn't end with Wrestler A doing his finishing move on Wrestler B then Wrestler C steals the pin.

Kaladin

I love that ending just because it was the first Triple Threat I've seen in ages that didn't end with Wrestler A doing his finishing move on Wrestler B then Wrestler C steals the pin.

It really is my favorite match of the year so far, in any organization.

Top Bottom