• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Kaladin

End of an era, friends;

YrfeGmL.jpg

Saw him live several times. Dude was a throwback to the hardcore icons of old. Now that I think about it, he should be a Wyatt member. The one that is super violent and crazy as fuck.

You shouldn't be allowed to dress yourself in a mask, long sleeves, long pants, and wear gloves for a First Blood match. And his other two world title wins are sneaking up behind a midget and cashing in MITB on another midget.

Kane is an asshole. The big red asshole

Look pal, considering they never booked him as a champ on the occasions where he was red hot and over with the crowd he had to sneak in some title reigns by dubious means, he went into business for himself.

Saw him live several times. Dude was a throwback to the hardcore icons of old. Now that I think about it, he should be a Wyatt member. The one that is super violent and crazy as fuck.

I always thought it was super sad that he wasn't able to parlay the attention he got from The Wrestler into anything bigger for his career - was happy to see him cut out the hardcore stuff and fall into an enforcer role for ROH, but that didn't last too long. But, from what I gather, Necro sounds like a fairly self destructive individual (as if that wasn't obvious from his deathmatch shit), but at least he'll get a retirement match.

Kaladin

I always thought it was super sad that he wasn't able to parlay the attention he got from The Wrestler into anything bigger for his career - was happy to see him cut out the hardcore stuff and fall into an enforcer role for ROH, but that didn't last too long. But, from what I gather, Necro sounds like a fairly self destructive individual (as if that wasn't obvious from his deathmatch shit), but at least he'll get a retirement match.

Yeah, he at least showed that he could do traditional wrestling, even if he wasn't that great at it.

If he was in his prime now, I bet WWE would give him a shot.

Look pal, considering they never booked him as a champ on the occasions where he was red hot and over with the crowd he had to sneak in some title reigns by dubious means, he went into business for himself.
Friend, believe me when I say this: I appreciate a good shooter, but Kane? He ain't a good shooter. He had the perfect opportunity to main event wrestlemania in 2001, putting on a phenomenal hour long performance in a rumble match that puts Roman Reigns to shame. But what does he do? He falls at the final hurdle instead of going into to business for himself and eliminating Austin. Kane is stronger than Brock Lesnar, so there's nothing Austin could have done if Kane wanted him over that top rope. And if he had eliminated Austin, Austin wouldn't have turned heel, the two man power trip wouldn't have formed, Triple H wouldn't have torn his quad, Vince wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the invasion until they got the biggest WCW stars, and it's entirely possible we'd still be in a golden era of pro wrasslin' popularity.

Kane, I would argue, caused more damage to this industry than any one individual. The real question is, was it intentional?

Play buttons that don't work? They are trash.

I'm just going to assume if pressing play worked I'd bear witness to the overdrive so really we lucked out here.

Friend, believe me when I say this: I appreciate a good shooter, but Kane? He ain't a good shooter. He had the perfect opportunity to main event wrestlemania in 2001, putting on a phenomenal hour long performance in a rumble match that puts Roman Reigns to shame. But what does he do? He falls at the final hurdle instead of going into to business for himself and eliminating Austin. Kane is stronger than Brock Lesnar, so there's nothing Austin could have done if Kane wanted him over that top rope. And if he had eliminated Austin, Austin wouldn't have turned heel, the two man power trip wouldn't have formed, Triple H wouldn't have torn his quad, Vince wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the invasion until they got the biggest WCW stars, and it's entirely possible we'd still be in a golden era of pro wrasslin' popularity.

Kane, I would argue, caused more damage to this industry than any one individual. The real question is, was it intentional?
Stone Cold could sense Kane's hunger for victory so he walloped him legit with the steel chair to keep his spot, that wily rattlesnake.

Play buttons that don't work? They are trash.

I'm just going to assume if pressing play worked I'd bear witness to the overdrive so really we lucked out here.

Stone Cold could sense Kane's hunger for victory so he walloped him legit with the steel chair to keep his spot, that wily rattlesnake.

GIFs? Nah, they'll stick around until WebMs are natively embedded in browsers.
Nocturnowl nailed it lol.

bwahhhhh

watching SD, Charlotte's improved a lot on the mic. i wouldn't call her "good", but at the rate she's improving she will be within a year

Laws00

Saint Patrick's day

Need me a redheaded lass with a deep voice like Becky

dollar store jewellery lol

and poor Charlotte :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
watching SD, Charlotte's improved a lot on the mic. i wouldn't call her "good", but at the rate she's improving she will be within a year
They made the best call in a long time turning her heel. I don't even know if people remember her going on about being an inspiration to young girls it was so bad.

Nekofrog

Banned
charlotte has the same exact "condescending talking down to" intonation that steph has in all of her promos

i feel like that persona is played out at this point

Hawk v Droz has been the best fight so far. Very nice strong hits, loved the sportsmanship between them in the end. Damn, I'm ready for it again next year

Nekofrog

Banned
the only good thing bikertaker ever did was the sheer look of revulsion as his chew spit was chugged down. that was amazing.

thats what it was, right? i can't remember anymore, it's been so long

Why is kai en tai picking on Val Venis? He got the message last week
Ayo fuck this dx mockery of NoD. They have they penciled neck geek xpac as a black face.

Wait they all are blackface. Fuck this racist bullshit.

Laws00

Why is kai en tai picking on Val Venis? He got the message last week
Ayo fuck this dx mockery of NoD. They have they penciled neck geek xpac as a black face.

Wait they all are blackface. Fuck this racist bullshit.

Is that the before or after Yamaguchi-San says, "I choppy choppy your pee pee"?

b0df57f8dc6cd860ff9d864891b0faf6.gif

bwahhhhh

haven't watched Smackdown since he joined commentary until today, I'm really liking Mauro Ranallo, he actually calls moves and sounds excited about the action in the ring. ... talking about the match, not some other crap, it's like, actual wrestling commentary. in WWE. in 2016.

surprised McMahon hired him.

I'm probably late to the party here, but what is everyone impressions on the Monday Night Wars documentary? I just finished and I wonder what people think about it.

Top Bottom