• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

JavyOO7

NXT Miami was pretty fun tonight. Some pretty funny dudes in my section and I admit they made me chuckle a few times... Matches were pretty good and things started out great with Sami Zayn vs Baron Corbin. Sami cheered like crazy and Baron Corbin was mostly booed.

Carmella and her partner facing Emma and Billy Kay was okay. Riddick Moss vs Rick Swann was alright too. Then American Alpha versus The Revival was pretty damn good while it lasted. Ended with a draw with Gable and Dawson's shoulder on the mat. Post match ended with Gable and Jordan getting the better of the Revival...

Bayley had probably the biggest cheers of the night. Took on Nya Jax and won with her belly to bayley which was surprising. My boy Tye Dillinger faced La Sombra and Dillinger made him look great. Crowd responded pretty good to La Sombra after a while.

Joe vs Balor was main event and the crowd jeering at Joe because he wore green because it was Saint Patty's day... And by singing him Happy Birthday during the match. He played along and yelled at our section too stop. He lost, and post match was Finn Balor having the crowd singing happy birthday to Joe again and then singing a song for Saint Patty's day. NXT is going to WBP tomorrow... I want to go but... I think I will be fine.

Fun show and hopefully NXT does a TV taping down here in Miami. And hopefully I can catch Takeover live next year at Orlando during WM weekend next year.

THEY HAD A COOL THEME SONG, FORGIVE ME
200w.gif

Okay Severn v Kama was a bullshit fight fuck that.

Also why would NAO get a rematch when they constantly cheated LOD out of their title? Fuck that bullshit, I hope they get the shot beat out of them by Kane.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They finally added NXT Takeover: Dallas to the things they are advertising you get for free as a new subscriber on this SmackDown.

After being so hyped for a Mania to come to Dallas for the first time in my life, they've let me down and now I'm just going to create a free network account and watch it on tv.

@luchablog
Elite got their TV deal. Azteca Channel 7, Fridays at 6pm, said to be starting April 1st. https://t.co/quA1g2bjVs
That's a game changer. That's a good time slot on a over the air channel. Better than CMLL's own TV situation, as good/better than AAA's.

CubsFan said:
Elite on Azteca possibly mean another talent raid too. Elite’s been using the TV chance as a carrot to get luchadors to jump, and some of those people were as skeptical as I’ve been about it actually happen. People may be more willing to take a jump now that this is a real thing. I haven’t heard anything about how the Elite shows have done this week, but this could be a pretty pivotal week for them if they can prove they can draw on the road too.

(As another ripple effect – whatever’s going on with Konnan, Elite getting Azteca means any other group is probably shut out.)

Fucking lol. welp. I don't think AAA can survive more talent abandoning ship.

Sable wore totally different colours this week.

Dr death is a beast.

Scorpio taught 8 ball something inbfa.

D'lo new champ yes!

HBK two weeks in a row ☺

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Owens/Styles was pretty cool but they definitely left a bunch on the table for more matches.

2k16 career mode is pretty fucking shitty so far. Does it get any better after I beat THE DEMON for the nxt title.

Nope. Just a bunch of repeat matches. I swear I was locked in a feud with Kevin Owens for forever. I was trying to get that hold any title for 365 days before going to the main roster and KO finally beat me -_-. Then I went to the main roster and quit playing lol.

Adree

Every time I think back to the Attitude era I most fondly remember the first hour of Nitro with all the great cruiserweights being somewhat ignored and getting to put on incredible matches. I think that NXT being similar in structure with simple yet well told storylines and exceptional ringwork is what roped me back in to watching wrestling after checking out around 2000.

Fave 5 1st Hour of Nitro:
1. Chris Jericho
2. Eddie Guerrero
3. Rey Mysterio
4. Dean Malenko
Benoit

I'd just fast forward through Raw for the story bits because to me the matches were usually trash.

Every time I think back to the Attitude era I most fondly remember the first hour of Nitro with all the great cruiserweights being somewhat ignored and getting to put on incredible matches. I think that NXT being similar in structure with simple yet well told storylines and exceptional ringwork is what roped me back in to watching wrestling after checking out around 2000.

Fave 5 1st Hour of Nitro:
1. Chris Jericho
2. Eddie Guerrero
3. Rey Mysterio
4. Dean Malenko
Benoit

I'd just fast forward through Raw for the story bits because to me the matches were usually trash.
I was reading a few things and it's crazy how wwe had Justin Gabriel and Natt but they never fit in anywhere. Same for Tyson kid, they fucked up letting that piece of crap kill the Cruiserweight division. Vince is a fucking idiot letting his disdain dor wCw get in the way of letting small guys showcase their skills.

Adree

I was reading a few things and it's crazy how wwe had Justin Gabriel and Natt but they never fit in anywhere. Same for Tyson kid, they fucked up letting that piece of crap kill the Cruiserweight division. Vince is a fucking idiot letting his disdain dor wCw get in the way of letting small guys showcase their skills.

Maybe the Cruiserweight Invitational or whatever will be a turning point. (Although honestly nothing will ever change on the main roster until Vince croaks)

Adree

I will say if Big Show or Braun run in and kill the winner at the end I'll give up WWE forever. This is another HHH baby so that won't happen though.

Top Bottom