• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're pretty damn spot on here. Original Undertaker, along with Mr Perfect and the Million Dollar Man, was basically a definitive "wrestling" character. And you're right, I ate that corny shit up back in the day. They don't make characters like that anymore. The closest I think they've come to another character like that is either Bray or Demon Balor, but both of them are miles behind.

Also Undertaker is the last pure Vince McMahon creation that actually worked.

You're forgetting a little guy named

Daniel Bryan

Sephzilla

You're forgetting a little guy named

Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan was a HHH created character.

t0eNPcT.gif

I bet there was a long list..
It's a top 15, this one was eye opening. I've recently been reading more about him and didn't know he did some of this dumb shit

The average wrestling has no clue who Kevin Dunn is, but he’s one of the most powerful people in WWE. Dunn has worked as a television producer for over two decades and is often referred to as Vince McMahon’s right hand man. Recent rumors have surfaced stating Dunn has gone out of his way to bury NXT talents coming up and is in a power struggle with Triple H due to their difference in ideologies. The word of mouth is Dunn has used his production power to show signs or accentuate moments that portray wrestlers he dislikes in a negative light. The hope is that Triple H will let Dunn go when the regime officially changes.

Mahonay

Banned
So many little power plays happening in WWE right now. Makes the product inconsistent as fuck. I look forward to when Haitch finally gets majority control over the main product, whenever the fuck that is. 2 years, 5 years...10 years??

At least it's good dirt sheetz material.

jmdajr

Nooo this was during there run in AAA i believe. I was reading about scumbags and they listed Mistico as one. Alberto even tried to make sure wwe didn't sign him because of his attitude lol

Lol. I remember when Sin Cara botched his finger and Del Rio did not give a single Fuck.

Sephzilla

Assuming the internal power struggle shit is true, I look forward to when HHH gets control of the main shows. I'm not sure if HHH will be a very huge upgrade over Vince/Dunn but I think the end result at the very least is that we'll get a more consistent TV product.

I fucking hate conspiracy theories and rumors but this makes waaay too much sense

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this was true. NXT's forward momentum is fucking awful for Dunn's job security.

So many little power plays happening in WWE right now. Makes the product inconsistent as fuck. I look forward to when Haitch finally gets majority control over the main product, whenever the fuck that is. 2 years, 5 years...10 years??

At least it's good dirt sheetz material.
Here's some of it more in depth

Jim Cornette has referred to him as “the biggest enemy professional wrestling fans have”. He’s the main producer of all WWE products, and is said to be the 2nd in command right behind Vince McMahon. You can blame him for the following;

– The refusal to use the term “professional wrestling”, in lieu of “sports entertainment”.

-Using his influence to keep down those more inclined to the in-ring aspect over the sports-entertainment angle of the product. Specific names include; Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, and Daniel Bryan.

– Allegedly was involved in the frequent mockery of Jim Ross, including mocking his disability from Bell’s palsy, the cause of his drooping face.

-According to former headwaiter Alex Greenfield, discerned that the main thing holding back WWE Diva Kelly Kelly’s character was that she “needs to find some tits”.

Kaladin

Assuming the internal power struggle shit is true, I look forward to when HHH gets control of the main shows. I'm not sure if HHH will be a very huge upgrade over Vince/Dunn but I think the end result at the very least is that we'll get a more consistent TV product.

NXT doesn't give me headaches with shaky cam and quick cuts as much as Raw does.

bjork

But Shane is going to be in control after he defeats the Undertaker

klonere

Banned
Vince is going to live forever. He will exist solely on a diet of disappointment in millennials and HGH. He will eventually morph into the God-Emperor of Mankind from WH40K.

Mahonay

Banned
Here's some of it more in depth
I mean Kevin Dunn is a Vince yes man who also has also has his own agenda on top of that. Inherently gives him lots of power. And a man that has benefited greatly from Vince's very deep sense of responsibility to any commitments made verbal or written, in this case to Dunn's father.
Vince is going to live forever. He will exist solely on a diet of disappointment in millennials and HGH. He will eventually morph into the God-Emperor of Mankind from WH40K.
The 40K universe starts with Vince.

I will always and forever remember the times when Del Rio would just wreck Sin Cara with a German and then IMMEDIATELY kick him right in the face

Like, the bump isn't even finished and then bwop

klonere

Banned
I mean Kevin Dunn is a Vince yes man who also has also has his own agenda on top of that. Inherently gives him lots of power. And a man that has benefited greatly from Vince's very deep sense of responsibility to any commitments made verbal or written, in this case to Dunn's father.

The 40K universe starts with Vince.

So HHH is Horus?

My god. HHH as Horus...its too perfect. Book it.

Mahonay

Banned
I will always and forever remember the times when Del Rio would just wreck Sin Cara with a German and then IMMEDIATELY kick him right in the face

Like, the bump isn't even finished and then bwop
Watching Del Rio curse out and continue to beat down Sin Cara after he stopped a match for an injured finger was really something to see. Cara is lucky Del Rio didn't turn it into more of a shoot beatdown.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nah it really isn't.

Except literally all of their talent goes through NXT now so why would that make any sense unless you think Kevin Dunn is a NJPW sleeper agent sent to take down the company he owns a lot of from the inside

Mahonay

Banned
Except literally all of their talent goes through NXT now so why would that make any sense unless you think Kevin Dunn is a NJPW sleeper agent sent to take down the company he owns a lot of from the inside
NXT of the past 2 years is completely different as it's own product now. This is a pretty new skew to things. Are you going to tell me you haven't experienced countless moments that feel like self sabotage on RAW over the past couple of years?

WWE has announced on Twitter that Cesaro will be returning to the ring during the WrestleMania Revenge tour in Europe next month.

Cesaro will be in-action at the April 15th live event in Amsterdam, Netherlands at the Ziggo Dome, which indicates he will be wrestling at the other shows on the tour. Cesaro has noted in recent interviews that he will not be cleared in time to compete at WrestleMania.

Hilarious

Sting and Daniel Bryan retire in the same year?

Like, seriously, my two all time favs from completely different eras manage to retire within months of each other. :(

F**k wrestling.

NXT of the past 2 years is completely different as it's own product now. This is a pretty new skew to things. Are you going to tell me you haven't experienced countless moments that feel like self sabotage on RAW over the past couple of years?

I slammed the guy, but Breeze is the perfect example

I fucking hate these lists. How in the fuck did Kama not deserve to be in NoD. Everyone knows you must have muscle and he was the perfect guy, he was a damn legit fighter and intimidating.

Sephzilla

I slammed the guy, but Breeze is the perfect example

-- The Ascension was literally never given a chance upon being promoted.
-- Tyler Breeze gets nothing.
-- Sami Zayn re-debuts and his backstage segment is demoted to Youtube
-- Neville loses his first name, gets a goofy cape, has no character.
-- Everything about Rusev post-Cena

Kevin Owens is basically the only HHH NXT guy that hasn't been completely squashed yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NXT has pretty much hit its ceiling with it fulfilling the role it's currently playing. If it should be bigger, it needs a different role as a show.

Prompto

Banned
-- The Ascension was literally never given a chance upon being promoted.
-- Tyler Breeze gets nothing.
-- Sami Zayn re-debuts and his backstage segment is demoted to Youtube
-- Neville loses his first name, gets a goofy cape, has no character.
-- Everything about Rusev post-Cena

Kevin Owens is basically the only HHH NXT guy that hasn't been completely squashed yet.
What about Sasha Banks, Charlotte, and Becky? They seem to be doing pretty well.

Adree

NXT has pretty much hit its ceiling with it fulfilling the role it's currently playing. If it should be bigger, it needs a different role as a show.

At some point they might need to split the actual developmental people off. I like seeing them though and they are getting to learn from some of the best in the business.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At some point they might need to split the actual developmental people off. I like seeing them though and they are getting to learn from some of the best in the business.

I agree completely. And they do for the live events. And they've managed to make NXT a brand where failure doesn't stick with you forever like it appears to on Raw. People are more forgiving to another WWE product pretending like it's not the same. So it's helpful for some.

Top Bottom