• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Just passed by Death Valley, it getting too hot because I hear Takers theme all of a sudden.

E:: bjork, is that the same James Games in Ontario/Rancho area?

american alpha is incredible but i dunno if they will work that well in the main roster unless they get some manager with great mic presence. their in ring charisma is off the charts tho.

vaudevillains are hopeless for the transition however. if they ever make the jump that gimmick aint coming with them.

Mahonay

Banned
american alpha is incredible but i dunno if they will work that well in the main roster unless they get some manager with great mic presence. their in ring charisma is off the charts tho.

vaudevillains are hopeless for the transition however. if they ever make the jump that gimmick aint coming with them.
Gable can talk.

DsTE1K.gif

Handshake.gif

tumblr_nx3yimxrCL1uvyu9yo2_400.gif

jason-jordan-chad-gable-finisher.gif

tumblr_nx3yimxrCL1uvyu9yo6_400.gif

Yes sir. If I had a place like that closer to me, I'd be in there all the time.
Heard a lot of good stuff about that place. My local places I went to were Super Arcade and Malibu Grand Prix. Now it's called Speed Zone. Also the Round One in City of Industry is good. A little on pricey side but got legit games. Tekken Tag 2, Ultra SFiv, blaz blue. Different variety of games and even has Wrestlemania pinball. Damn Cena on it.

One thing that irks me, is when you have Legends in the ring and the crowd chants "boring".

And Bradshaw lariat's Terry for no reason. Farooq should whoop his ass.

bjork

Heard a lot of good stuff about that place. My local places I went to were Super Arcade and Malibu Grand Prix. Now it's called Speed Zone. Also the Round One in City of Industry is good. A little on pricey side but got legit games. Tekken Tag 2, Ultra SFiv, blaz blue. Different variety of games and even has Wrestlemania pinball. Damn Cena on it.

It's part of a standalone building, but I don't think it's part of a strip mall or anything. It's got a row of fighters, some racing stuff and some music stuff, then random pinball and old stuff. Not the hugest place, maybe about on par with Super Arcade, actually.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
American Alpha will be big on the main roster, dunno what you're talking about. The tag roster on the main roster is already dominated by a goofball group and likely to have another goofball group join them. Gable's height doesn't even matter in a tag team.

I have no idea how they would play as singles wrestlers on the main roster though. Dude is legit short. IDK, maybe the main roster will just have Daniel Bryan but tall in Sami Zayn, and Daniel Bryan but even shorter in Gable.

Nekofrog

Banned
This is how I feel about American Alpha.

Gable is incredible. Multi talented and multi faceted, has amazing in ring work, has an actual "character" when giving promos (goofy frat guy) that works when you look at his eyes. A lot of the times, you can look at someone giving a promo and see everything going on with them by looking at their eyes. They're dead giveaways, and Gable's eyes don't look like he's trying to remember something that he wanted to say earlier. He just says it as if it's what's coming to him in the moment, even if it's not.

His main issue that I see him having is that he's short, but he's just so incredible.

Jordan is different. His in-ring work, in-ring energy, and in-ring persona are all top notch. They interact with Gable amazingly. It's out of the ring that I'm not totally sold on him. I still enjoy his work tremendously, but sometimes I find myself wondering "would it be as good if it was just solo Jordan?" and I'm not sure. I know it'd still be good, but I think my enjoyment would take a slight hit. He's incredibly reactionary in promos, and it feels like what he says isn't totally him and is more influenced by someone else before the promo starts. Not saying that's true, it's just my perception of it.

tldr: Gable has huge star written all over him. Jordan has most of the elements, but I don't see huge star on him. I see a good, perfectly usable worker that doesn't need to hit the top but also doesn't need to be a lower card guy either. Together? Everything works fantastically. Gable covers up what I see as shortcomings for Jordan and it all works.

Dazzler

I'm worried they'll bring up American Alpha, Vince will see Jordan as a Reigns-type guy and will push him, leaving behind the superior Gable because he's short

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm worried they'll bring up American Alpha, Vince will see Jordan as a Reigns-type guy and will push him, leaving behind the superior Gable because he's short

I have to admit Jordan has a great look for playing an arrogant shitheel.

Fox318

remind me, they jumped the gun here right? this was before they learned what actually transpired, no?

Some people had an idea something was up: Regal, Chavo,and possibly Vince or somebody in management from police reports. Jericho got a text and call from him even though he wasn't with the company.

Benoit was very quiet about his personal life and there are still questions as to what may have really transpired with his motivation. Few people think he banked out and came to and that's why he didn't kill the dog or reached out to a few people in text form.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

I really wish WWE would use more managers in general. We need more shit like the Heenan Family in the current product. It seems like being a manager is a dying art. In any case there's a lot of people in NXT and on the main roster that would benefit from having a manager.

Edit: Now that I think about it, its why League of Nations doesn't work. Stables without managers are stupid.

FyreWulff

remind me, they jumped the gun here right? this was before they learned what actually transpired, no?

During the show, which is why you've never really seen a same-night tribute for a wrestler since then on Raw, I think. They're always gonna wait for all the details to come to light first.

Some people had an idea something was up: Regal, Chavo,and possibly Vince or somebody in management from police reports. Jericho got a text and call from him even though he wasn't with the company.

Benoit was very quiet about his personal life and there are still questions as to what may have really transpired with his motivation. Few people think he banked out and came to and that's why he didn't kill the dog or reached out to a few people in text form.
There are Chris Benoit parody videos. While they're tasteless, I learned so much about the case from it.

Like the bibles by the bodies.
Him leaving the dogs for someone to pick up.
Him texting Chavo while it happened.
Etc

It was crazy and me being 15 at the time it was weird to wrap my head around. But I followed it to the end and I can say that was the thing that changed the product we have now.

I posted a screen of the vengeance 'vs' pic and it's chilling.

I know it has to be a soft subject for Punk since he was supposed to face Benoit, he was a big fan, and he was stoked about it.

It's almost ten years and the subject is still fresh to me

Kaladin

The WWE Network only has a handlful of ECW episodes left to complete the ECW TV section.

Also, they have begun uploading Raw 2002.

Adree

jason-jordan-chad-gable-finisher.gif

The finisher is the only thing I dislike about American Alpha.

I think it's alright but Shatter Machine looks way more devastating.

I find I've got a real soft spot for tag teams/wrestlers that weren't working out then found their lane and are great now like American Alpha and the Revival.

Top Bottom