• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Sephzilla

American Alpha's finisher feels like it's a Gable shoulder injury waiting to happen. And yeah, Gable's role in the move is kind of meaningless.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1995 is one of the worst years in US wrestling, but this is actually one of the best Starcades. WWF also had a great end of year with SS 1995 and the December IYH.

Cagey

Banned
It is too flashy for the sake of being flashy. There's no reason why Jason can't do the drop himself. It's as if he's only including Chad so he doesn't feel left out. It's weird.

American Alpha's finisher feels like it's a Gable shoulder injury waiting to happen. And yeah, Gable's role in the move is kind of meaningless.

All that plus the bridge pin at the end makes no sense: he's slamming the opponent to the ground and then bridging upward into a pin instead of suplexing the opponent into a bridge pin position.

Move would be more fun if Gable hits the ropes, Jordan tossed opponent to the side, and Gable catches him to guide the opponent into a sitout powerbomb. Other than the off-the-ropes timing, it's the same move with more logic to the pin and less risk to Gable's shoulders.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly its fitting that the hogan trial is going on.

WCW died the day they signed Hogan they just didn't know it.

Hogan...also saved the company and brought it to its highest highs. It's a complicated issue in many ways.

Every cent that WCW ever made in profit is directly related to bringing him on board.

Same with the dissolution of the company. AOL doesn't sell WCW if its bringing in 40 million a year.

Ithil

Remember how you all questioned why NXT wasn't mentioned on WM Weekend wrestling? Well

What Meltzer actually said was that it was definitely not a mistake, that someone just "forgot" to include it. It was either that the person in charge of the package deemed it not as important to promote as the likes of the HOF or podcasts, or they deliberately left it off for other reasons, which would be another conversation entirely. Given the Smackdown ad did include it, I'm gonna guess it was the former, and they got straightened out by some guy with a big nose and wrinkly forehead.

Nowhere was Kevin Dunn mentioned once. WZ just pulled that one out of their ass.

FyreWulff

All I notice now as an adult watching Nitro again that I didn't notice as a kid, signing Hogan basically just turns them into Other WWF for the rest of their existence. As a kid I didn't really notice how much damn time was given to recently signed WWF talent.

xAT8FaA.gif

Kaladin

wrestlingdvdnetwork.com said:
Late in 2015 we broke the news that WWE is bringing back the “Attitude Era” series!

We can confirm that the third DVD/Blu-ray of the series is still on track for this summer. This time around the company looks to be adding a new theme to it, whereby all of the content selected will be never-before-seen on Home Video, a similar approach to their “ECW Unreleased” DVDs.

The current working title is “Attitude Era Vol. 3 – Unreleased”.

Caderfix

I'm starting to think that Seth Rollins will come back at Mania and be the cause to HHH's defeat. This way Roman will have the tittle, after a long hard fought battle he'll look strong, and people will cheer the return of Baby face Rollins and the start of Rollin's revenge.

I know it doesn't make sense to happen at mania and would put Roman either in the back burner, as a champ, or have Roman being booed for being the center piece of the Shield vs The Authority. I just want Seth to be back and shock everyone, like he did at mania last year.

Ithil

I think it's alright but Shatter Machine looks way more devastating.

I find I've got a real soft spot for tag teams/wrestlers that weren't working out then found their lane and are great now like American Alpha and the Revival.

I love the shatter machine, it looks like an absolute killer and they've already started making it into a move to be hit "outta nowhere" with multiple variations. Gable and Jordan's is fine but it seems to always be hit the same way, with Jordan tagging in Gable. Doesn't have the "no one is getting up from that" appeal like the shatter machine does, either.

Sephzilla

I'm starting to think that Seth Rollins will come back at Mania and be the cause to HHH's defeat. This way Roman will have the tittle, after a long hard fought battle he'll look strong, and people will cheer the return of Baby face Rollins and the start of Rollin's revenge.

I know it doesn't make sense to happen at mania and would put Roman either in the back burner, as a champ, or have Roman being booed for being the center piece of the Shield vs The Authority. I just want Seth to be back and shock everyone, like he did at mania last year.

Hmmm. You know, a Shield reunion is probably the only way Roman can win at Mania and not get booed

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hmmm. You know, a Shield reunion is probably the only way Roman can win at Mania and not get booed

They'd also cheer him if he kicked the shit out of HHH in the most brutal way possible for 15 minutes, but that's not going to happen again for a variety of reasons.

Caderfix

Roman's not winning the title at mania

I'm uncertain, both outcomes are expected and surprising at the same time. WWE fuck ups actually made the event more open ended, which is good.

They'd also cheer him if he kicked the shit out of HHH in the most brutal way possible for 15 minutes, but that's not going to happen again for a variety of reasons.

The entire crowd would chant "uuuuuuce uuuuce uce" to make Roman calm down a bit.

Fox318

Hogan...also saved the company and brought it to its highest highs. It's a complicated issue in many ways.

Every cent that WCW ever made in profit is directly related to bringing him on board.

Same with the dissolution of the company. AOL doesn't sell WCW if its bringing in 40 million a year.

Except Hogan ate every profit that the company made and he didn't help build anyone up for the future except for Goldberg (whom he a nash killed)

Say what you want about Dusty he always paired himself up with a younger wrestler to build off of.

I mean look what he did to Sting in 94 and again in 97. He woudn't let go of his spot for a single second even when it wasn't where the money was.

Only way paying Hogan that much would have been worth it is if they didn't resign him in 96 and they built off of media connections he helped establish for WCW.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

I definitely feel like Rollins is needed in this feud in some capacity, but I don't think screwing over Trips at this point is a good start to being a babyface. He'd likely get a lot more love if he screwed Reigns.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Except Hogan ate every profit that the company made and he didn't help build anyone up for the future except for Goldberg (whom he a nash killed)

Say what you want about Dusty he always paired himself up with a younger wrestler to build off of.

I mean look what he did to Sting in 94 and again in 97. He woudn't let go of his spot for a single second even when it wasn't where the money was.

Only way paying Hogan that much would have been worth it is if they didn't resign him in 96 and they built off of media connections he helped establish for WCW.

That's simply not accurate. They made more money on the NWO than on anything else the company ever did, even with Hogan's ludicrous contract and then Nash and Hall's ridiculous deals. If they didn't resign him in 1996 the NWO doesn't happen and neither does the boom period.

Caderfix

On the other hand, if anything would ever get the Shield booed, it'd be a transparent reunion obviously intended to get Roman cheered again

Yes. They would either have to put Roman, the new champ, at the background, or have him as the center piece making the shield take a hit. Both scenarios are very unlikely.

Fox318

That's simply not accurate. They made more money on the NWO than on anything else the company ever did, even with Hogan's ludicrous contract and then Nash and Hall's ridiculous deals. If they didn't resign him in 1996 the NWO doesn't happen and neither does the boom period.

If Hogan never came back after Uncensored 96 and Savage or even Sting took his spot the NWO angle still would have drew.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It makes me laugh Roman still does that howl thing where he yells OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and then the crowd goes BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but it sounds identical to them doing the same thing he is

Adree

If you aren't already a NXT fan you don't deserve the Dallas show anyway. The only reason I got back into wrestling last year was hearing about how awesome NXT was and I didn't hear about that from any dedicated wrestling threads/sites.

I like WWEWhatCulture videos a lot but Christ, the whole heel thing going on with Adam is just annoying now. I want to watch the videos outside of the 'top 10 things WWE' something something, but I can't when he's just being insufferable. I get he's meant to be a heel but it isn't something entertaining, he's just challenging this one guy to things and having it rigged while being a dick about it. I know it's just for fun but it's just plain bad.

Kaladin

On Sunday, April 3, USA’s live hour of the WRESTLEMANIA KICKOFF SHOW will start at 6PM ET/3PM PT and include the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, featuring 20 WWE Superstars.WRESTLEMANIA 32 will broadcast live from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

The ARMBAR is pre-show.....they'll forget about it next year.

Doesn't that just imply that he knew there was racist shit on the tapes and that it'd hurt his career? Isn't the tape from 2008?

His whole argument, which he swore to under oath, is based around him having no idea he was taped at all. Him knowing he said stuff, knowing it was taped, and saying "we know there's more than one tape" entirely contradicts that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
His whole argument, which he swore to under oath, is based around him having no idea he was taped at all. Him knowing he said stuff, knowing it was taped, and saying "we know there's more than one tape" entirely contradicts that.

This is getting wilder.

Caderfix

I like WWEWhatCulture videos a lot but Christ, the whole heel thing going on with Adam is just annoying now. I want to watch the videos outside of the 'top 10 things WWE' something something, but I can't when he's just being insufferable. I get he's meant to be a heel but it isn't something entertaining, he's just challenging this one guy to things and having it rigged while being a dick about it. I know it's just for fun but it's just plain bad.

Yes. He's got x-pac heat. We need Pacitti back and this whole angle over. They went from one of my favorite channels to being the channel I skip the most.

Ronin Ray

If you aren't already a NXT fan you don't deserve the Dallas show anyway. The only reason I got back into wrestling last year was hearing about how awesome NXT was and I didn't hear about that from any dedicated wrestling threads/sites.

I didn't know I had to deserve to watch wrestling. I would think watching Shinsuke Nakamura make his debut would transcend any fanboy stuff. I have not been watching wrestling much in the last few years but when I do it's to see a particular wrestler and has nothing to do with the company. All the new awesome guys I have found are because of this thread.

Top Bottom