• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Salt? I think most of WrassleGAF would be ecstatic if Punk won.

With all the hate that spews forth here everytime his name's mentioned? Nah

The WWE fan version of Dixie holding onto Hogan's leg begging him not to go, finally getting yanked off, screaming "you'll be back", and spending every waking second since near a phone hoping today's the day

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Console gaming needed a change, now they won't be consoles

Sephzilla

The WWE fan version of Dixie holding onto Hogan's leg begging him not to go, finally getting yanked off, screaming "you'll be back", and spending every waking second since near a phone hoping today's the day

HovEjhW.gif

No lies detected

That's too brutal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, if Sony does this we might finally have the catalyst for the grand second collapse of the industry.

Let it collapse

consoles have been stagnant and they're super underpowered right now.

Sephzilla

Let it collapse

consoles have been stagnant and they're super underpowered right now.

Consoles have always been super underpowered compared to the PC side of the world. That's not the point. The point of consoles is easy plug and play with no need for upgrades for roughly 5 years. Going to some kind of upgrade-able or new-SKU-every-3-years setup literally goes against the entire point of a console.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Consoles have always been super underpowered compared to the PC side of the world. That's not the point. The point of consoles is easy plug and play with no need for upgrades for roughly 5 years. Going to some kind of upgrade-able or new-SKU-every-3-years setup literally goes against the entire point of a console.

PCs are the same

consoles are for old people that "just want it to work" - which is funny because they don't anymore.

somedevil

WWE announced this on their netherland twitter in dutch:

WWE revealed on Twitter that Cesaro will be making his in-ring return during WWE’s Wrestlemania Revenge tour in Europe next month. The post announces that Cesaro will be in action at the April 15 live event in Amsterdam, Netherlands at the Ziggo Dome.

So it seems he will be back next month. Wonder if he will be ready for the Raw after Wrestlemania.

I have this time machine you can borrow. It feels good being 6 and not giving a fuck. Just playing my PlayStation and watching some wwf wrestling. Along with rugrats, Doug, hey Arnold and power rangers.
My consoles were the arcades. Malls had arcades, was working at an arcade at the time.(Spent most of the time playing Alpha 1 & doing college papers).

Sephzilla

PCs are the same

Yeah, but you go into PC gaming knowing that. If consoles try to adopt some kind of similar shit, there's literally no point to them anymore. It makes me wonder if Sony and Microsoft completely forgot about all of the dumbass shit Sega did back in the 90s with the Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, and so forth.

WWE announced this on their netherland twitter in dutch:

So it seems he will be back next month. Wonder if he will be ready for the Raw after Wrestlemania.
Old old old old.

But it's sad because he misses the pay day by a week and a half.

My consoles were the arcades. Malls had arcades, was working at an arcade at the time.(Spent most of the time playing Alpha 1 & doing college papers).
We had an arcade in our mall. Last I checked, it was still in there but only a few games. Our skating rink has a few machines avaliable. Bowling too.

Mahonay

Banned
My memories of arcades is a little fuzzy since I was young, but I definitely miss it. From about 7 to 14 I spent tons of time in arcades. It was in Chicago too, great arcades everywhere. I miss the feeling of seeing an all new machine, or the latest version update of your favorite cabinet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My memories of arcades is a little fuzzy since I was young, but I definitely miss it. From about 7 to 13 I spent tons of time in arcades. It was in Chicago too, great arcades everywhere. I miss the feeling of seeing an all new machine, or the latest version update of your favorite cabinet.

Arcades were the best. When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be a gang member. Like the late 80s early 90s gang members, which were just kids in denim that spent all day at the arcades and smoked.

Oh man, if Sony does this we might finally have the catalyst for the grand second collapse of the industry.

If Nintendo's going down, let the whole thing go down. Maybe from the ashes we'll get more affordable, less dumb stuff

Just please let it wait until KH3 comes out :'[

Mahonay

Banned
Arcades were the best. When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be a gang member. Like the late 80s early 90s gang members, which were just kids in denim that spent all day at the arcades and smoked.
My sister hung out with actual gang members in Chicago. Some of them Latin Kings. One of the reasons we moved from Chicago to Pennsylvania.

Sephzilla

If Nintendo's going down, let the whole thing go down. Maybe from the ashes we'll get more affordable, less dumb stuff

Just please let it wait until KH3 comes out :'[

Nintendo's been slowly going down since the SNES. The Wii was the biggest flash in the pan fluke since the 1-2-3 Kid pinned Razor Ramon. Take that out of the picture and every Nintendo console since the NES has sold less than its predecessor.

EDIT - Kingdom Hearts 3 can go suck it. As much as I loved the first two games, I have a hard time being excited about a game that's 6 years overdue.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My sister hung out with actual gang members in Chicago. Some of them Latin Kings. One of the reasons we moved from Chicago to Pennsylvania.

Those gangs are 2real4me. I wanted to be one of those fake white kid gangs which actually translated into "friends who didn't have to be home"

Mahonay

Banned
Those gangs are 2real4me. I wanted to be one of those fake white kid gangs which actually translated into "friends who didn't have to be home"
I had a super diverse group of friends. Some of my more white bread friends got into acting like they were some mini street gang around 6th grade, going around spraying their shitty tag everywhere. Made my eyes roll back into my skull, and at the same time I was really worried that they'd eventually encroach on someone's actual gang territory. I never went with them to go tag, I wasn't a fucking idiot.

Remember how you all questioned why NXT wasn't mentioned on WM Weekend wrestling? Well

An ad ran during WWE Raw this week promoting that WrestleMania 32 coverage on the WWE Network will total 7 hours this week, with a 2 hour Kickoff show, the four hour PPV event, and a one hour post-show. As a reminder, WZ will be providing complete, LIVE coverage of all 7 hours of the event.

In addition to the WrestleMania coverage news, the Raw commercial also advertised the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony, but for whatever reason failed to mention NXT Takeover Dallas airing on April 1st on the Network.

According to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer, many in WWE were unhappy that NXT did not get mentioned during Raw, and either someone forgot to include it in the ad, or officials felt NXT is not important enough to be mentioned.

One conspiracy theory floating around is that Kevin Dunn might have left NXT off the commercial because NXT is Triple H’s project and has nothing to do with Dunn. There is a brewing feeling in WWE that Kevin Dunn will eventually be fired from WWE when Triple H takes over one day.

Kuroyume

Banned
finally caught up on this week's RAW:

- new day is getting stale, they need some more jokes. now all they're doing is shilling that stupid cereal box and then getting interrupted, honestly i find social outcasts far more hilarious now.

BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY-OS BOOTY BOOTY BOOOOOOOOTY METROID BOOOTY BOOOOTY

Btw, I like their in ring stuff. The trolling with the ass spanking, horn, and dancing. I just want the mic taken away from them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I had a super diverse group of friends. Some of my more white bread friends got into acting like they were some mini street gang around 6th grade, going around spraying their shitty tag everywhere. Made my eyes roll back into my skull, and at the same time I was really worried that they'd eventually encroach on someone's actual gang territory. I never went with them to go tag, I wasn't a fucking idiot.

Always dangerous. "I heard this was something gang members do" ends up being especially heinous in front of some dudes on some mista don't play shit. End up dead.

Really all I wanted to do was hang out at arcades LATE AT NIGHT, figured all gangs were just like the ones shown in Ninja Turtles. Like "street toughs"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember how you all questioned why NXT wasn't mentioned on WM Weekend wrestling? Well

LOL they copy and pasted that shit from years ago regarding Dunn

If it's a mistake, it was a mistake. Wrestling nerds projecting about Dunn as usual

We had them fake clans at the arcades too. Only when it came to NFL Blitz and NBA Jam battles.

But Mahoney crazy stuff there. That was the only bad thing I had to worry about when working at the arcade. It was located in a shopping mall, near a movie theater and the area had numerous gangs. Plus I had to close up the place every night I worked.

Mahonay

Banned
Always dangerous. "I heard this was something gang members do" ends up being especially heinous in front of some dudes on some mista don't play shit. End up dead.

Really all I wanted to do was hang out at arcades LATE AT NIGHT, figured all gangs were just like the ones shown in Ninja Turtles. Like "street toughs"
There were lots of crust punks at the arcade I frequented behind the theater close to me. I just remember one huge mother fucker with a green mohawk.
the best tag team right now easy.
Yes. Both guys will likely be great single stars as well.

bjork

There used to be an arcade across from the anime shop. All I had was dipshits trying to buy a thing of Pocky with a $20 right after I opened. And I'm like, "I don't have change for a 20" and they're like "you just opened" and I'm like "EXACTLY."

Then the dudes that worked with me ran a Tekken 5 tournament using the import Tekken 5 on PS2, the same weekend that the arcade got their Tekken 5 cabinet, and no one was over there. Take that, stupid arcade. I'm glad you're an H+M now.

Mahonay

Banned
Then the dudes that worked with me ran a Tekken 5 tournament using the import Tekken 5 on PS2, the same weekend that the arcade got their Tekken 5 cabinet, and no one was over there. Take that, stupid arcade. I'm glad you're an H+M now.
Lol. :(

By Tekken 5 my time at arcades had long passed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have to say that I find the fact that there's an NXT character that's basically "Brock Lesnar if he was a diminutive Japanese girl" really funny on a couple of levels.

Mahonay

Banned
i was talking about the vaudevillains actually....lol nah can't even joke about that.
PSH.

Vaudevillians are great, but they are so niche and designed just for NXT. I still can't see them working on the main roster. I don't see instant stars in them like I do with Gable and Jordan.

bjork

On my birthday last year, I got together with a buddy and we went to this arcade called James Games that we used to go to in like 2005 or so, and it was still there. Played through House of the Dead 1, played Gals Panic and saw some cartoon boobies, and he arm wrestled some robot thing. Good times.

Any of you dudes have a Round 1 in your area? Those have a bunch of arcade games and a ton of other shit like bowling and pool there, too. There's one near here, but I've only been through it once, never played anything in it.

Smh bjork killing the arcade scene.

:(

It was a Tilt in a mall, and the lazy fuckheads that worked there would always hide in the little room in back and never make change. Plus I had to hear Elena's SF3 cries for hours on end because it was loud as shit in there. But it was also fairly well-lit, you couldn't get up to cool arcade shit like bully kids or buying drugs in there.

American Alpha

Chad Gable and Jason Jordon. One of the top NXT tag teams right now. Both guys are incredibly gifted amateur wrestlers. Gable was in the Olympics.

Also they both have charisma. Total package.
I was reading about them well more so the black guy. There was a comparison of him and Brock. Every time I see them, I think of TWGTT.

My question is, which I've can talk the best? That'll be the one who Vince will push. But they look very small.
i was talking about the vaudevillains actually....lol nah can't even joke about that.
Are they ever gonna get called over? Or is their gimmick so exclusive it won't go well on the main roster?

Top Bottom