• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

klonere

Banned
That trailer was misleading. I thought the best part of the film was Dolph superkicking the gun off of Rusev, but no, Lana immediately saying afterward "now that's a real man" was the best part of the scene

Instant preorder. Day 1. All the buys. Nominate Kane for the Oscar tonight

Holy shit was Countdown going to play into the aborted Lana/Rusev/Ziggler/Summer Rae storyline?

No wonder they were pissed at Lana, they've clearly shot a movie around that whole thing.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
In England there's a large section of the population where Big Daddy is the most recognisable and well known wrestler in history.

How does WrassleGAF feel about this?

Yeesh. Gawker needed to get taken down for distributing someone's sex tape without consent, but at the same time there's good things and good people outside of the core Gawker. Also Hogan's a shithead.

He is still a homophobe and a racist, but at least now he's a rich homophobe and racist.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I haven't reviewed the Motions in Limine in the case (a motion to exclude evidence) or anything but I haven't seen anything that suggests that the verdict would be overturned on appeal. Bubba's testimony has limited probative value in that he testified in deposition that Hulk didn't know about the tape, and the statements to the FBI are 1) hearsay, 2) conflict with his admissible testimony, 3) he was being investigated for blackmail so he had a lot of incentive to tell the FBI Hulk knew about the video.

The problem is that as far as I know there isn't a smoking gun that would establish that Hulk knew about the fact he was being taped. The best case scenario is that his FBI testimony might counter his deposition testimony, but it doesn't actually establish anything. The question the appellate court would have to look at is whether a reasonable jury could find that Hulk knew about the taping which also assumes Gawker can convince the appellate court that the trial court's decision to exclude the evidence in the first place was incorrect.

What I could see Gawker winning on is that the damage figure is excessive, but that just lowers the damages.

Fox318

And Hideo Itami's WrestleMania moment:
1016517.jpg
Look back at how much time they spent filming shit only for big fat Paul white to eliminate him because he needed to be feed to Roman?

Just read the verdict. Wow. The way I kept up with the trial, I thought Gawker would win cause of free speech. I'm Glad Gawker got what was coming to them, but at the moment, they can't afford $115 million.

Still, because of Hogan's racist comments, I can't say I'm not happy for him. I believe him going into Reality TV is what killed his career and ended up in the courtroom.

Fox318

Just read the verdict. Wow. The way I kept up with the trial, I thought Gawker would win cause of free speech. I'm Glad Gawker got what was coming to them, but at the moment, they can't afford $115 million.

Still, because of Hogan's racist comments, I can't say I'm not happy for him. I believe him going into Reality TV is what killed his career and ended up in the courtroom.
1st ammendment only prevents goverments from preventing what can be said, it doesn't prevent 3rd party people from going after you if you wronged them.

In this case what was newsworthy about the tape ? They could have published a story about the sex tape without the video and the video itself was recorded without Hogan knowing.

The Rusev scene from that Countdown movie is out

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PkkbF2vV4b8

A must watch. #PreorderCountdownOnAmazon #ThereIsKane

god damn this video is blocked in my country brothers.

is there a reupload anywhere? i need to see this clip from the upcoming anticipated wwe studios original film, countdown, starring wwe superstars dolph ziggler and kane.

Does this make Hogan the highest paid worker of all time? Second to Rock?

he made most of his money off of a gross and boring sextape. hulkster kardashian.

No one is fucking taking JR serious. Sit the fuck down, you know you wanted Steve Williams to win and you're mad that Bart knocked him the fuck out. Respect that man

Nekofrog

Banned
Rusev's performance was more thrilling and believable than anything DiCaprio did.

Who else will join me in my campaign for Rusev to get best supporting actor at the Oscars this year?

In tna news, Matt Hardy wants Jeff to stop using the Hardy name and to change his name to something, Hardy vs Hardy for the rights to Hardy

Cagey

Banned
Eva Marie is a delicious heel on NXT. Her mannerisms and the like make her so easily hateable. She's very good at what she does.

Top Bottom