• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Eva Marie is a delicious heel on NXT. Her mannerisms and the like make her so easily hateable. She's very good at what she does.

For all the people who want to claim the Vaudevillains or Emma have gimmicks that will only get over on NXT, Eva Mare's the shining example of it. They use her amazingly well on the show and she certainly does a great job of playing out her role, but the concept of a villain who exists in a company only due to her looks and role in a reality show despite being a terrible wrestle and charisma void isn't going to get over with any crowd outside of the hardcore NXT Full Sail faithful. She's the best example of somebody who can do great on NXT but has no chance what so ever on the main roster.

Anyone watching the ppv tonight

Cd4B8hmUMAALrCK.jpg

Anth0ny

For all the people who want to claim the Vaudevillains or Emma have gimmicks that will only get over on NXT, Eva Mare's the shining example of it. They use her amazingly well on the show and she certainly does a great job of playing out her role, but the concept of a villain who exists in a company only due to her looks and role in a reality show despite being a terrible wrestle and charisma void isn't going to get over with any crowd outside of the hardcore NXT Full Sail faithful. She's the best example of somebody who can do great on NXT but has no chance what so ever on the main roster.

Roman turns at mania

Arrives at raw after mania in a limo... With Eva Marie

NUCLEAR HEAT

Adree

I think Emma's gimmick now would work great on the main roster. Cocky heel with a strong hype woman. I sort of get the feeling they will split her up so she can feud with Dana soon though.

Zach

Vince McMahon just referred to Kane and The Undertaker as "two putrid pussies" on this episode of RAW I'm watching.

So that was something.

Guys, there is fucking zero need for heat if the motherfucker can't put on a good match. Goddamn it, they even had to cut that bayley /asuka / nia jax/ Eva match short because there is only so much you can do with shit. Think about it: asuka and Eva in the same ring and asuka got one spot in.

Yay heat. So fucking what?!

It's a lost cause trying to explain it. Legit hopeless.

Shit, all you need to know about how futile an effort it is is the fact that, in 2016, there is still a sizable portion of the ISEC that thinks X-Pac was vital to wrestling and a good heel, and that X-Pac Heat (the heat she has) is Good

In tna news, Matt Hardy wants Jeff to stop using the Hardy name and to change his name to something, Hardy vs Hardy for the rights to Hardy

maybe this leads to the return of Willow, like as the secret dark side of Jeff Hardy that he pulls out for big matches, like the cool hypothetical version of The Demon Balor

Colocho

Banned
It's a lost cause trying to explain it. Legit hopeless.

Shit, all you need to know about how futile an effort it is is the fact that, in 2016, there is still a sizable portion of the ISEC that thinks X-Pac was vital to wrestling and a good heel, and that X-Pac Heat (the heat she has) is Good

I thought that X.Pac heat meant getting no heat at all, as in if you're a face you get no cheers or if you're a heel you get no boos, they just don't care about you. Is that the wrong definition?

Adree

I think X-Pac was a good wrestler and a good guy to bounce new guys off of to let them get used to the WWE style. Fuck the Bronco Buster though.

I thought that X.Pac heat meant getting no heat at all, as in if you're a face you get no cheers or if you're a heel you get no boos, they just don't care about you. Is that the wrong definition?

X-Pac got booed a lot, but he and the company thought it was because he was just that good of a heel. He got similar boos when he was a face, because nobody liked or gave a damn about X-Pac and everything he did dragged on longer than anyone had time or energy for. They wanted him gone. Off TV. Off the stage. Out of their lives.

Eva's in the same spot two decades later and people are unironically calling her the greatest heel going today. While surprising, I just wish they had been around, and that generous of X-Pac, back then. Consistency's important.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if Hogan's phone is lighting up with texts from Linda right now
I bet he'd be happy to trade the money and not have everyone know he's a raging racist idiot.
I'd bet not. That's money to never worry about a thing again. Also I wouldn't go as far as raging. You should look up some better racist tirades to compare to Hogan's.

Every company borrows a match type from another company.

Ex: Aztec warfare for Lucha next week. Fenix #1, Mil #20. Plus belt on line? So Royal Rumble there

Aztec Warfare was filmed in either late-December or early-January (I forget which), either way before the Rumble stip was announced

RBH

The WrestleMania 32 pre-show will also air on USA Network this year and will feature the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale:

Cd2qcxIVAAACcLJ.jpg:large

Every company borrows a match type from another company.

Ex: Aztec warfare for Lucha next week. Fenix #1, Mil #20. Plus belt on line? So Royal Rumble there

No one should copy WCW 2000

Throughout this period, Huffman was referred to simply as Booker, as Harlem Heat 2000 won the rights to the name "T" in a match with Big T against Booker on February 20, 2000 at SuperBrawl X

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is the package pile driver just as dangerous as any other pile driver? The set up makes it look safer but idk.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder if Hogan's phone is lighting up with texts from Linda right now

I'd bet not. That's money to never worry about a thing again. Also I wouldn't go as far as raging. You should look up some better racist tirades to compare to Hogan's.
Hulk had enough money before the suit

Top Bottom