• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer says that WWE officials were really surprised how consistently over AJ Styles has been.

D'lo is one of the hidden gems of the Attitude Era. Val did serviceable work too, but there was a time where D'lo was over as anyone. Until Russo left and he dropped down the card.
Val so far is good. I'm glad that he survived the sword attack.

123 kid wins lol. Ain't I great about to get a haircut. Loser

How does he know this shit? Does he send the officials a survey and include return postage with it?

He's social and talks to/with people. He's done it for 3 decades or so.

Sorry if that response sounded snarky. It's just really weird seeing people be baffled by how Dave got to where he is. He's been to shows, he's been backstage, he's been on ESPN, he's friends with a lot of people including Rock and Bryan, and at one point was good friends and workout buddies with HHH. None of this stuff is new or a revelation or surprising. He puts in effort in building rapport with people because he cares about them and the business, and wants to see all of it succeed.

You don't get called "the most accomplished reporter in sports journalism" by SI if you aren't good at what you do in every aspect, including building relationships.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How does he know this shit? Does he send the officials a survey and include return postage with it?
It's Meltzer. He has contacts, a lot of whom are the wrestlers themselves. Hell, at one point Vince was one of his contacts.

Given that he's been doing it for like 30 years it's a little surprising that people don't think he's an actual journalist. Most of the dirt stuff you read about wrestling is either Meltzer or someone else (mis)quoting Meltzer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/sports/wrestling-reporter-dave-meltzer-tries-to-keep-it-real.html

klonere

Banned
Two weeks away now, friends.

We coming to the end of this near two year journey.

I know, Samoa Joe will be coming to the conclusion of his story which began in a failing, ailing TNA where he clearly wasn't motivated, where he wasn't hungry. But in two weeks, Joe will be the second person in a short space of time to choke out a small Irishman to re-establish himself as a premier competitor in sports entertainment.

Definitely a journey I intend on witnessing on the WWE Network, for the low low cost of zero euros.

Razorskin

----- ------
It's Meltzer. He has contacts, a lot of whom are the wrestlers themselves. Hell, at one point Vince was one of his contacts.

Given that he's been doing it for like 30 years it's a little surprising that people don't think he's an actual journalist. Most of the dirt stuff you read about wrestling is either Meltzer or someone else (mis)quoting Meltzer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/sports/wrestling-reporter-dave-meltzer-tries-to-keep-it-real.html

SNcYHWG.jpg

Meltzer's office is a big fat mess.

Verendus

Banned
I feel like the Wrasslin'Mania 32 card still needs one more match on the undercard that is interesting. Ryback vs. Kalisto seems pretty weak. It would've been better had they done Y2J vs. Kalisto and AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens.

Kuroyume

Banned
I feel like the Wrasslin'Mania 32 card still needs one more match on the undercard that is interesting. Ryback vs. Kalisto seems pretty weak. It would've been better had they done Y2J vs. Kalisto and AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens.

Replace Kalisto with Miz or Sami then sure. Miz has feuded with Styles and Jericho. Sami has feuded with KO. Seems like those 4 wrestlers have feuded with each other over the past few months.

Kalisto doesn't fit. Honestly, I don't get the Kalisto hype. Doesn't impress me the way WCW Mysterio (before losing the mask) did. I would rather have Kalisto vs Breeze at Mania with Kalisto losing the title. Kalisto is better off with Sin Cara, not solo.

Verendus

Banned
Replace Kalisto with Miz or Sami then sure. Miz has feuded with Styles and Jericho. Sami has feuded with KO. Seems like those 4 wrestlers have feuded with each other over the past few months.

Kalisto doesn't fit. Honestly, I don't get the Kalisto hype. Doesn't impress me the way WCW Mysterio (before losing the mask) did. I would rather have Kalisto vs Breeze at Mania with Kalisto losing the title. Kalisto is better off with Sin Cara, not solo.
He has the title so I was hoping Y2J would take it from him so that I can see a champion vs. champion match between Y2J and Owens.

Colocho

Banned
Since they jumped the gun with the US title match (could've been a perfect multimen clusterfuck ladder match, but no, the big guy needs that 1vs1 match no one cares about) and it seems that the IC belt isn't gonna be a singles match. I feel it should be Owens vs Zayn vs Styles vs Jericho, could be quite fun.

klonere

Banned
How long does it take for Evolve to put up VODS up on WWNLive? I want to give you money Gabe, let me give you money.

There is no real Kalisto "hype". He's picked up the US title due to being in the right place at the right time - easy plug into the Alberto/Cena program. The fact that absolutely nothing was made of him retaining his title against Alberto (on a preshow 2/3 fall match of all fucking things) shows that they don't really care all that much about him. He was getting over bit by bit but there is no energy behind him in the slightest. His title is a prop once again, all of Cena's work undone by horrific creative (Mexiamerica > hot potato with Alberto > no emphasis put on it), he hasn't had a true singles showcase match, his matches with Alberto filling the traditional David vs Goliath WWE tropes. No blow away singles match against a Neville or the like.

Pretty sad state of affairs I M O

Wait so Xpac doesn't sing D Generation X's theme? Wow, I always thought he did which is why they brought him back.

Well this performance sucks, don't quit your day jobs.

klonere

Banned
Is there even a chance she doesn't win?

Bayley is THE face of NXT I wouldn't be shocked if they had her retain. Unlikely but not impossible. It all depends if there is a spot for her on the main roster straight after Mania. A lot of groundwork has to be laid if she is to succeed on Raw.

If Bayley loses, it's so she can be called up

If Asuka loses, I don't know where you go with either from there. Asuka's no longer undefeated, and Bayley has nobody left she hasn't beat

chriscandido-and-tammysytch0001.jpg

Sunny has left wwf now she's back with her boyfriend in ecw. Run away Sunny but don't forget your best days were with Titan.

Oh now they cheer for Rocky. On Monday itvwas Rocky sucks.

Fuck Triple h

During my Wrestlemania XXX watch, the opening made me feel even stronger about the over use of Legends during events. Hogan was a steaming pile of garbage while forgetting the name of the area and the whole thing with the three of them just felt so dumb.

Bayley is THE face of NXT I wouldn't be shocked if they had her retain. Unlikely but not impossible. It all depends if there is a spot for her on the main roster straight after Mania. A lot of groundwork has to be laid if she is to succeed on Raw.

Since this has been talked about this week quite a lot in terms of wrestlers with huge success in NXT but wont do well in the E I can't help but feel this will be Bayley.

Valkrai

Revisiting the previous Wrestlemanias to catch up for 32.

Ugh that Sting v Haitch match in 31 is so bad. I hated every second of it and made it worse when they brought back nWo and DX bumping each other everywhere.

Valkrai

I dunno. I liked the Ladder match earlier and Seth cashing in at the main event. That Sting match bothered me especially with the run ins.

Yes Vince, Kane and Taker should terrorize the WWF. 10 years ago you would've let them but now you let this bald fuck run it. You putrid p***y.

Did Vince really say that?

This is funny. WWE has trademarked Booty O as a cereal based food.

Plus according to Meltzer the rumor going around is Roode and Young leaving is a WWE or New Japan related thing but has not been confirmed.

If Roode comes to WWE I bet James Storm is gonna regret going back to TNA lmao

Top Bottom