• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

A lot of the NXT teams feel pretty inseparable to me. Enzo and Cass, Dash and Dawson, Blake and Murphy, the Vaudevillains, even American Alpha feels pretty inseparable right now.
This is something that really separates now from then. You had teams that knew they were in this together and stuck together. Even after a few months without each other, they were back again.

The Shawn Michaels effect really fucked this up.

Not everyone will break out like him and we've seen what has happened more than times than anything regarding that subject.

AfukB7Jh.jpg

Check this out.

I like that we at least have Usos and Dudley's right now who can just tag teams instead of wondering will someone break away. Especially the Usos, they need each other. That would one team in nxt that comes out in black and white seem the same. What other teams are like this in nxt?

I wonder what would happen if/when New Day breaks up. Kofi already had his singles run and Big E can definitely go it on his own. Xavier is great, but I wonder about his appeal as a singles guy.

This is something that really separates now from then. You had teams that knew they were in this together and stuck together. Even after a few months without each other, they were back again.

The Shawn Michaels effect really fucked this up.

Not everyone will break out like him and we've seen what has happened more than times than anything regarding that subject.

AfukB7Jh.jpg

Check this out.

Ha!

I wonder what would happen if/when New Day breaks up. Kofi already had his singles run and Big E can definitely go it on his own. Xavier is great, but I wonder about his appeal as a singles guy.
I think someone mentioned that Xavier was alright being a comedy guy. Kofi is older. Big E should be the next guy. He has absolutely everything! There's no excuse to not shove him in the picture within the next year or two. He's only 30. That's crazy.

Verendus

Banned
The Stamford Advocate posted a new article revealing stock award amounts added to salary earned by several WWE executives.

Executive Producer Kevin Dunn earned $4.8 million, Chief Financial Officer George Barrios earned $4.5 million, and Chief Revenue and Marketing Officer Michelle Wilson also earned $4.5 million. It was noted in the article that the three made more than Vince McMahon earned ($3.3 million in 2015), and Wilson’s pay out bumped WWE Studios President Michael Luisi ($1.9 million) from the list of highest earning WWE executives.

Additionally, Triple H was paid $3.1 million, being paid in two categories for his role as Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events and Creative, including $1.7 million for his role as an on-screen talent.
Jimmy making some paper, I see.

If he's getting $1.7 million as an on-screen talent, I wonder if it's safe to assume he earns the most in that department. I'd imagine that's the case due to tenure. Cena must be second, with Undertaker bringing up the rear. It still doesn't seem like a lot of money, unless they get PPV bonuses or merchandise royalties.

you know what's actually REALLY killing the Drifter for me?

bear with me on this

it's the scarf. he has an OK look, and depending on what they actually decide to do with his character going forward (I can see him being an OK lower-middle card or mid-card bad guy), it all hinges on ditching the scarf.

it just looks so stupid on him. it looks so creative team character brainstorm.

writer #1: "let's have a guy and call him the Drifter."

writer #2: "the Drifter? what do you mean?"

writer #1: "he's a guy that goes from town to town, show to show, and beats people up."

writer #2: "we've got a lot of those guys. they're called wrestlers."

writer #1: "but this guy brings a guitar around with him wherever he goes."

writer #2: "so he's jeff jarret now?"

writer #1: "without all the downsides of misogyny, but all the upsides of this badass SCARF I found at the goodwill".

writer #2: "you're a freaking genius".

He's the Sonic of NXT.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think someone mentioned that Xavier was alright being a comedy guy. Kofi is older. Big E should be the next guy. He has absolutely everything! There's no excuse to not shove him in the picture within the next year or two. He's only 30. That's crazy.

I mean, we've heard "push Big E" before, but its even less likely now because the group he's in is basicallya merch machine and he's probably pigeonholed himself into the comedy guy.

I do not believe they will ever break up the New Day, ever until one of them actually quits the company or refuses to do the gimmick anymore.

I mean, we've heard "push Big E" before, but its even less likely now because the group he's in is basicallya merch machine and he's probably pigeonholed himself into the comedy guy.

I do not believe they will ever break up the New Day, ever until one of them actually quits the company or refuses to do the gimmick anymore.
I think he could easily shake it off and become a bit more serious. Idk what it could be but it would need to be very clever.
So apparently Roman anit gonna be on raw for 3 weeks, he is set to return march 21 in philly.That is dumb booking.

Your WM main eventer.
I saw that and just shook my head. Oh well, here's to great ratings!

Verendus

Banned
Roman could get a nice little streak going here. His match with Barack was one of the best matches Wrasslin'Mania has ever had. If he can get the job done with Jimmy, then it's likely next year it's Joan Cena himself. This could be a great run.

Nekofrog

Banned
Roman taking the "Roman's sleeping" chant and running with it

dude gonna sleep through the next few weeks and just not wake up until it's time for Mania

He'll probably be eliminated in the ARMBAR and sent back to NXT.

Given that his match with Nakamura is almost certainly his last NXT match, that seems unlikely to say the least.

Meltzer also says the IC Title match will likely be a multi-person match like last year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him there.

Son Of D

Given that his match with Nakamura is almost certainly his last NXT match, that seems unlikely to say the least.

Meltzer also says the IC Title match will likely be a multi-person match like last year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him there.

Surprised that the IC title match is multi-person and not the US title match. Kalisto in a ladder match could give him a WM moment. Although they used the likely one at TLC last year.

Top Bottom