• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

CclherbVIAEc_9H.jpg

Holy shit

hope this makes tape

Tatsumi Fujinami & Jun Akiyama, the Presidents of Dradition and All Japan, got together on 2/24 for a press conference to announce them facing off for the first time in their respective careers on the 3/29 Dradition show at Korakuen Hall. Fujinami said it was one of his career regrets that he never had a match with Jumbo Tsuruta, so this would be the best he could do. The match will be Fujinami & Hiro Saito vs. Akiyama & Yuma Aoyagi. The show also has Fujinami’s son Leona facing Seiya Sanada, and Masakatsu Funaki vs. Taka Kunou

Ithil

So...Wrestlemania's going back to Orlando apparently for WRESTLEMANIA Orange?

Shame, Minnesota with that fancy new stadium they got and Brock headlining would have been pretty neat. Are they going to be in that old arena they had for WM 24 again?

PWG must really make a ton on DVD sales

Fite TV, which is the streaming service from the Flipps App people that Ross is going to be the face of, did make contact with PWG about streaming the shows live. PWG turned it down, preferring to remain with their business model with High Spots where it’s exclusively available on DVD with no streaming live. w

Pikma

Banned
It's incredible how good Neville is but what's even more incredible is how fucking misused he has been in the main roster. Such a waste

somedevil

It's incredible how good Neville is but what's even more incredible is how fucking misused he has been in the main roster. Such a waste

Yep the new Cesaro.

The bullet club mention hints that they are going to show up at the take over special.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Missed LU live, thankfully iTunes has my season pass!

Wait, tomorrow? Fuuuck.

Pikma

Banned
Wait so how many multi man matches will there be at WM? We have the ARMBAR, The IC one and the (imo) inevitable U.S. Championship spotfest.

Lothar

Banned
Allllright time for SummerSlam 97

Still has the best opening video of any PPV ever.

Vince giving Bret that work outside of the ring. Bret has some nerve touching the boss.

For the longest time I thought Montreal was a work because it fits in so well with the rest of the year. Bret's character was someone who got screwed all the time. Bret was fighting with Vince outside of the ring a few months before it happened.

Still has the best opening video of any PPV ever.

For the longest time I thought Montreal was a work because it fits in so well with the rest of the year. Bret's character was someone who got screwed all the time. Bret was fighting with Vince outside of the ring a few months before it happened.

That intro worked so well because othrr than Bulldog and Owen they were 3 of the originals left going to the next generation. You'd also believe that HBK was part of the big match.
You worked yourself as a kid. Wheb I was younger, my older cousin had more of a scoop on some of this stuff. He had the computer at his house.

Dang it blue why you advertise Summaslem 97? I'm watching it

E: Holy smokes Blue that winner. the smile...ugh
I'm watching it to, at Austin and Owen.

Lothar

Banned
You worked yourself as a kid. Wheb I was younger, my older cousin had more of a scoop on some of this stuff. He had the computer at his house.

I was arguing about it on forums in 1997. I was like "How convenient, a Wrestling with Shadows documentary. A camera crew just happened to follow Bret around a few months before the screwjob. They have actual audio of him talking to Vince about the end of the match because Bret was wearing a wire. Neither one sued each other. Bret went on to make more money and Vince went on to create an awesome heel character and be the perfect foil for Austin. Bret's character that whole year was someone who got screwed over and over. He had been someone who was yelling at Vince, pushing Vince, and fighting with him throughout the year."

Of course after Owen died, that all seemed very silly. I stopped believing it was a work after that.

I was arguing about it on forums in 1997. I was like "How convenient, a Wrestling with Shadows documentary. A camera crew just happened to follow Bret around a few months before the screwjob. They have actual audio of him talking to Vince about the end of the match because Bret was wearing a wire. Neither one sued each other. Bret went on to make more money and Vince went on to create an awesome heel character and be the perfect foil for Austin. Bret's character that whole year was someone who got screwed over and over. He had been someone who was yelling at Vince, pushing Vince, and fighting with him throughout the year."

Of course after Owen died, that all seemed very silly. I stopped believing it was a work after that.
To go around and believe that for two whole years is dedication. How did you feel once he went to wCw though? Did you think he was just blowing off steam to make it work even more?

Lothar

Banned
To go around and believe that for two whole years is dedication. How did you feel once he went to wCw though? Did you think he was just blowing off steam to make it work even more?

I thought he could have using it to make himself more popular, just as Vince was using it to make himself more hated. He was a legend that was mistreated and kicked out by his boss. That makes you want to root for him.

But no way would they keep the storyline going after his brother's death.

Some wrestlers still think it was a work to this day though. Steve Corino for one.

I thought he could have using it to make himself more popular, just as Vince was using it to make himself more hated. He was a legend that was mistreated and kicked out by his boss. That makes you want to root for him.

But no way would they keep the storyline going after his brother's death.

Some wrestlers still think it was a work to this day though. Steve Corino for one.
Holy shit! You'd have to give Vince booker of forever if that happened to be true. I guess you had to be in the company to really know what was going on, you know? With the line of real and fake being blended during 95-97, you could really never tell. So I kinda give it to Steve.

Catching up on Raw.

Why is a babyface HHH insisting the audience learn their place and then later ordering 4 guys to hold an injured Ambrose down before beating the shit out of him?

I...is this still thought of as good guy stuff? I'm so confused ;)
You watched alternate universe Raw this week. Not really life Raw.

Lothar

Banned
Holy shit! You'd have to give Vince booker of forever if that happened to be true. I guess you had to be in the company to really know what was going on, you know? With the line of real and fake being blended during 95-97, you could really never tell. So I kinda give it to Steve.

Xpac still believes it's a work too. Listen to him talk about it recently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVez4MZmXDE

"If it wasn't a work, it should have been done just like that."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I honestly wonder if there are any guys who aren't pushed to the moon who nobody on WrassleGAF thinks needs to be pushed to the moon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There are a ton of coincidences with Bret Hart and 1997.

He talks about getting screwed all of the time, the camera crew following him around at all of the key events, him even predicting he'd get screwed out of the title, him getting reasonable creative control for his character written in as an exit clause of his twenty year deal.

There are a ton of coincidences with Bret Hart and 1997.

He talks about getting screwed all of the time, the camera crew following him around at all of the key events, him even predicting he'd get screwed out of the title, him getting reasonable creative control for his character written in as an exit clause of his twenty year deal.
With everything that happened kayfabe, I guess this was Vince's way of saying, "now, you're really screwed."

Top Bottom