• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

SI8cyhR.png

oh my goodness. and tbh i love her accent, glad it hasn't been toned down at all. it's full-on.

DOOBLEYOO DOOBLEYOO E

Man you guys weren't lying about how much Vince Russo said "Steve" and "bro" on his podcast this week lol

Still, he had a lot of valid points and could help them, if only with character work and consistency, if they had someone who could act as a filter to his ideas. The show's a mess right now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
NXT was finally decent this week although it was all a buildup to that random Neville match, which was definitely a decent match.

Corbin was pretty amusing, glad to see he still hates all these flippy non-WWE guys. Also lol @ Regal not really doing shit when Corbin the crap out of a guy he just signed.

So wwe network covers up phone numbers in old episodes to say they are inactive. The premium-rate numbers aren't censored tho. One was for backstage news. Anyone call recently?

Menome

So wwe network covers up phone numbers in old episodes to say they are inactive. The premium-rate numbers aren't censored tho. One was for backstage news. Anyone call recently?

I called it up and it gave me the scoop that it's Rock vs Austin at Wrestlemania and that Austin will clean.

Now, am I talking about 1999 or 2016?

man its so weird to me how they're booking this Ambrose stuff, it just shines a gigantic unmissable spotlight on how badly they botched Reigns in comparison.

Pikma

Banned
man its so weird to me how they're booking this Ambrose stuff, it just shines a gigantic unmissable spotlight on how badly they botched Reigns in comparison.
It's like they know they fucked up but it's too late and/or they don't care enough to fix everything.

Jamie OD

New Japan's bringing back the Super J Cup. Between that and the Global Series, those begging for a cruiserweight revival must be in tears of joy right now.

klonere

Banned
NJPW spoilers

OH FUCKING SHIT OSPREAY IN CHAOS
gVHQ7qD.gif

Sooo fucking excited for this.

This first NJ Cup show is definitely over-delivering. Great matches up and down the card. The teases of Okada/Shibata, Elgin killing it, Nagata still being incredible at 48 and now Naito looking like a star...NJPW's probably going to be a-ok at least from an in ring perspective.

I need to stop reading /r/squaredcircle. That place hates everything and constantly slams every decision WWE makes. In a thread about Reigns being out its just filled with "Can't wait to boo him" or "He didn't really need surgery". It just feels like it's filled with people who watched Attidue Era and now just hate watch. Every NXT or woman's related thread is a massive jerk too. I'm getting mad over this which is dumb because logic does not exist over at Reddit.

I do my fair share of ragging on the product but there is still some entertaining stuff going on.

Aiii

So not worth it
I need to stop reading /r/squaredcircle. That place hates everything and constantly slams every decision WWE makes. In a thread about Reigns being out its just filled with "Can't wait to boo him" or "He didn't really need surgery". It just feels like it's filled with people who watched Attidue Era and now just hate watch. Every NXT or woman's related thread is a massive jerk too. I'm getting mad over this which is dumb because logic does not exist over at Reddit.

I do my fair share of ragging on the product but there is still some entertaining stuff going on.

That's just criticism and you should appreciate the effort they're making to expose how shitty the product they're hate-watching is.

Have Lucha Underground mentioned bringing the show to other markets - UK specifically?

It's niche as hell, but I'd be surprised if a channel didn't want to pick it up. Easy to market - wrestling but with crazy-ass storylines and characters.

It's so annoying to have a product that you want to get interested in that's so hard to watch.

Pikma

Banned
Have Lucha Underground mentioned bringing the show to other markets - UK specifically?

It's niche as hell, but I'd be surprised if a channel didn't want to pick it up. Easy to market - wrestling but with crazy-ass storylines and characters.

It's so annoying to have a product that you want to get interested in that's so hard to watch.
Agreed. I just moved to Spain a few weeks ago and the fact that there's no way to catch the show on tv here is extremely annoying and inconvenient. Guess I'll have to buy the season pass.

Browny

Banned

BBC 3 have just signed some sort of deal to show UFC fights - obviously not the same, but still in the same ballpark. If the viewing figures are there, then it wouldn't surprise me if one of the digital providers picked it up. And since it won't be live, they don't have to show it at 1 in the morning like Sky do with Raw.

Barrage

Bulletproof Club.

Reigns will be the leader because he already has the vest.

People keep making that joke, but putting Reigns in the Hollywood Hogan role of keeping the team heel through his nuclear heat isnt the worse idea in the world. Without him Bulletproof will be turned face by the crowd immediately, the crowd will desperately want to cheer them.

NXT was fun this week - very good main event overall.

Still not sure what they're doing with The Drifter. It's been how long since he's debuted now?

UberTag

Welp, there goes my hope of that team breaking up before Wrestlemania. Tons of awesome tag teams in nxt you could call up and use, instead lets pair one of the greatest wrestlers in the world with old man Jericho.
They were never breaking up before Mania. They'll be in a multi-team tag match against New Day, the Dudleys and the Usos.

Hell, I half expect them to win the tag titles on RAW and then defend them successfully in a multi-team garbage match at Mania.
So Styles won't even get the pop of his first WWE title victory at a big event. And The New Day won't get to enter Mania as champs after their breakout 2015.

Mission accomplished for WWE Creative.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Roman Reigns’ recent nasal surgery might have been to correct a deviated septum.

It’s unconfirmed what the surgery did actually entail, but it was confirmed that the angle on RAW two weeks ago, which saw Triple H ‘break’ Reigns’ nose was planned ahead to cover for the actual surgery. This was also why a heavy amount of blood was used to explain Reigns’ ‘shattered’ nose. The main reason it was speculated that Reigns had surgery to correct a deviated septum was because the photos posted of him post-surgery were consistent with the visual appearance of someone who would have had the same procedure.

Too much cocaine imo
I had a deviated septum with zero cocaine. Also as a wrestler his nose has probably broken before which could lead to one.

People keep making that joke, but putting Reigns in the Hollywood Hogan role of keeping the team heel through his nuclear heat isnt the worse idea in the world. Without him Bulletproof will be turned face by the crowd immediately, the crowd will desperately want to cheer them.

I'd be on board with Reigns as Fale.

To go along with
Will Osprey joining CHAOS
NJPW has also announced the return of the SUPER J CUP!

It will feature wrestlers from NOAH, K-Dojo, Dragon Gate, Zero 1, Okinawa Pro, Suzuki-Gun, CMLL, and ROH and be held on August 21 (my birthday!) at the Differ Ariake. Looks like it will be a one-night tournament. This is the first year it has been held since 2009.

Also, Katsuyori Shibata has officially signed a contract with NJPW, a 1-year deal. It was revealed that Elgin's deal is for 2 years, not 1.

Oh yeah, and New Japan Cup Results:

Yano beat that cunt Yujiro by countout in about a minute. YANOWNED!

Elgin beat Tenzan

Tonga beat Makabe

Kojima beat Honma

Goto beat Nagata

Naito beat YOSHI-HASHI

Ishii beat EVIL

Fale beat Tanahashi - Word is Tana is taking another injury break, this is a way to write him out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NJPW spoilers

OH FUCKING SHIT OSPREAY IN CHAOS
gVHQ7qD.gif

Fucking wowzers. Awesome. Alright!

To go along with
Will Osprey joining CHAOS
NJPW has also announced the return of the SUPER J CUP!

It will feature wrestlers from NOAH, K-Dojo, Dragon Gate, Zero 1, Okinawa Pro, Suzuki-Gun, CMLL, and ROH.

Also, Katsuyori Shibata has officially signed a contract with NJPW, a 1-year deal. It was revealed that Elgin's deal is for 2 years, not 1.

Lighting a fire under their ass is making ME happy. Goddamn, nice!

Pikma

Banned
..AJ is a star, right?

I don't feel this way any more. Maybe at Wrestle Kingdom, but holy shit it feels like he was dropped to lower-mid tier already.
If you think that losing all but one match since his debut is lower-mid tier I can't even imagine in what tier you think the rest of the roster is

Top Bottom