• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Sephzilla

Literally everything I read from Sunny right now I hear in Max Landis's voice. This is amazing. If I do an avatar Rumble I'm entering a Max Landis wrestler.

Oh right. I'll happily run one off the PS4 if needs be.

Though, hang on, is anyone even making a Mania OT this year?

I can try to run an Avatar Rumble if need be. I'll need boot up 2k16 and look up a couple of things first

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is that why everyone keeps replying to you with a picture of some ugly kid?

I've had avatars turned off for so many years, I forgot they even existed. People still use avatars?

If you want to make a statement, it's important to have a face people associate with your viewpoint. It says a lot about who you are.

If it's an underage animu kid, then you know what they do behind closed doors or on a subway with a Vita

If it's a "hot girl" picture, you know the poster is probably a sex-starved dork piece of trash

If it's a Nintendo character, you know the rest

If you want to make a statement, it's important to have a face people associate with your viewpoint. It says a lot about who you are.

If it's an underage animu kid, then you know what they do behind closed doors or on a subway with a Vita

If it's a "hot girl" picture, you know the poster is probably a sex-starved dork piece of trash

Same as the above two (just with "Vita" replaced with "3DS")?

Lothar

Banned

According to what I can see, you don't have a face. No one here does.

I should have a hot girl picture then.

Anth0ny

pkfWmFK.jpg

Life is a mystery,
Everyone must stand alone
I hear you call my name
And it feels like home

Zach

:O

For Royal Rumbles in WWE2k16 can you manually choose all 30 participants?

Yes.

Sephzilla

If no one else is up for the Mania OT I can work on it.

I was about to offer to do the Mania OT, but my Mania OT last year went over as well as Roman Reigns. So you have my vote of confidence, friend Son of D

I think an active member of the community should make it.

And yeah, all ladies. Doable?
No creeper jokes.

I'm not against the idea of doing an all-female avatar rumble. But i wonder how many of them would need to be CAWs and how many CAWs for some of them exist online already. Plus if Sunny isn't running the avatar rumble this year, this might be the only chance we get RoboCop in >_>

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the iPPV schedule for Mania weekend;

BMcGjUO.png

Who's watching what?

Gonna pass on NJPW, surprisingly.

Watching:
CZW
NXT
Kaiju
Shimmer
Probably just Mania and its Preshow

Those events alone will take me a month to get through.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh right. I'll happily run one off the PS4 if needs be.

Though, hang on, is anyone even making a Mania OT this year?

I'm sure someone will even if we just didn't.

WrestleMania probably requires an effort post that will be wasted when bean breath just snipes it or something. Although just letting bb do it has some appeal when you consider how relentlessly negative I suspect a lot of people will make the OT if you let them.

It's good to know you at least put effort into pre-judging people.

Zach

BMcGjUO.png

Who's watching what?

I'll be at NXT!! Wooooo!!

And I'll watch the Hall of Fame/Mania on TV.

NXT Takeover Dallas |OT| Featuring 6 hour post show Sunday night

I like it! But they won't allow it. :(

I'm sure someone will even if we just didn't.

WrestleMania probably requires an effort post that will be wasted when bean breath just snipes it or something. Although just letting bb do it has some appeal when you consider how relentlessly negative I suspect a lot of people will make the OT if you let them.

Can't we just ask bean breath not to do it? Let him know Son of D is doing it?

Son Of D

Am I right to assume that NXT: Takeover Dallas will get its own OT? I'll mention the Wrestlemania schedule in the WM OT regardless but not sure if I should add the NXT card too.

As for a name all I've got so far is Written in the Stars but if someone can think of something better then go ahead.

LU just published this, 4-way match to see who gets the final invite for Aztec Warfare II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQwOl-BX8Jc&feature=youtu.be

Will NOT be airing on the TV show, so watch it now and get prepped for tonight.

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Sorry about that."

BMcGjUO.png

Who's watching what?
Going to definitely catch the supershow, SHIMMER, and NXT. The EVOLVE shows are a maybe, as is Kaiju.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Without a gimmick of some kind Nintendo don't have a prayer of getting any interest in a new platform. Nintendo knows this. They just have to keep rolling the dice on gimmicks until they find one that works like DS an Wii. Releasing a traditional gaming platform guarantees failure. But with a gimmick there's at least a chance they might strike gold again.

Am I right to assume that NXT: Takeover Dallas will get its own OT? I'll mention the Wrestlemania schedule in the WM OT regardless but not sure if I should add the NXT card too.

As for a name all I've got so far is Written in the Stars but if someone can think of something better then go ahead.

If I remember previous manias.....

NXT should gets its own thread.

Then instead of a April WM thread we get a general Mania weekend thread in OT that might also get used for Raw

Then after all that someone makes a April thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna try and do NJPW, EVOLVE 58, NXT, EVOLVE 59, SHIMMER and the WWN Supershow...my sleep pattern's going to be all kinds of fucked up the Monday after.

Seriously? Skipping Kaiju with Ibushi?

Zach

If I remember previous manias.....

NXT should gets its own thread.

Then instead of a April WM thread we get a general Mania weekend thread in OT that might also get used for Raw

Then after all that someone makes a April thread.

Yeah, I think this is right.

And I'll make the Rick Steiner-themed April thread.

Just kidding. I'm not lifting a finger for WrassleGAF.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Any live event gets its own thread as long as it is a different event.

I mean, you can post a thread for a NJPW event, its just a waste of effort since it will be 2 pages long and only people from WrassleGAF.

Sephzilla

Without a gimmick of some kind Nintendo don't have a prayer of getting any interest in a new platform. Nintendo knows this.

But the reason the Wii-U didn't have a prayer is because third parties were scared off by the gimmick tablet controller and it being underpowered compared to the XB1 and PS4, so porting games to it wasn't worthwhile. This caused consumers to stay away from it because it had nothing except for first party games. Nintendo thinks it needs to keep being the gimmicky alternative in order to survive when the reality is that Nintendo needs to put out a system that can play all of the third party games that people like plus the first party Nintendo games everybody still likes.

Put out a normal system with a normal controller that can play great Nintendo games and play great third party games. This is the formula the Super Nintendo went with and guess what, that worked out pretty damn well. This is also why the PS4 and XB1 are both doing well right now. The only console that's struggling right now is the gimmicky as fuck one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
bean breath is the GOAT topic creator. Best titles. Best themes. Best OPs. He is everything.

All hail bean breath, the best WrassleGAF poster.

Zach

So you guys want me to reach out to bean breath about the WrestleMania thread? I'd hate for Son of D to put in the work needlessly.

klonere

Banned
I would like to make the NXT OT if we ate playing that game.

I'm going to be watching hopefully Evolve, NJPW and NXT. I'm honestly not that upset that I have to miss Mania, don't want to come into my first day of work on zero sleep. I'm pretty sure that all the interesting things that I care about will happen on Raw and no match on the card strikes me as must watch.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
But the reason the Wii-U didn't have a prayer is because third parties were scared off by the gimmick tablet controller and it being underpowered compared to the XB1 and PS4, so porting games to it wasn't worthwhile. This caused consumers to stay away from it because it had nothing except for first party games. Nintendo thinks it needs to keep being the gimmicky alternative in order to survive when the reality is that Nintendo needs to put out a system that can play all of the third party games that people like plus the first party Nintendo games everybody still likes.

Put out a normal system with a normal controller that can play great Nintendo games and play great third party games. This is the formula the Super Nintendo went with and guess what, that worked out pretty damn well. This is also why the PS4 and XB1 are both doing well right now.
Third parties wouldn't have supported Wii U even if it was similar to PS4. The general public aren't going to buy a Nintendo platform to play third party games they can already play on PlayStation. GameCube had pretty strong third party support and it didn't mean jack shit. Third parties weren't even giving Wii U many ports of PS3 games before the other consoles were out. They could have. Third parties aren't going to support a platform that sells like shit. If Wii U was basically just a PS4 with Nintendo on the box, it would have just sold even worse because it would have been an even more expensive system without third party support. Third party support won't magically come back by making better hardware. And SNES was a very different time. Nintendo are not in the same position.

Oh, I'm not staying up for anything. Maaaaaaybe TakeOver. I was going to do the Mania in a pub deal, but the card is absolutely not worth the effort.

Put out a normal system with a normal controller that can play great Nintendo games and play great third party games. This is the formula the Super Nintendo went with and guess what, that worked out pretty damn well. This is also why the PS4 and XB1 are both doing well right now. The only console that's struggling right now is the gimmicky as fuck one.

The thing is they have this expensive controller again, so now the power of the system is going to be a generation or more behind once again. Nintendo never learns. Some Nintendo fans already trying to justify it in the controller thread though lol

Angry Grimace

Also, to respond to something I read on the last page, FWIW I think Alvarez and Meltzer are kind of off base about Sami Zayn's introduction to the main roster.

I don't think he's being introduced here into a random 7 man ladder match because they needed warm bodies and they don't give a fuck, I think they just wanted to let Sami Zayn be in a match at WrestleMania proper (for whatever reason, possibly so there's an actual over with the smarks guy in the match). I wouldn't be surprised if they consider it a waste of resources to spend a bunch of time building up a guy for a match he's not going to win in the first place that has 6 other guys in it.

I guess I get a different impression than a lot of people do, but the way I read between the lines tends to make me think they like Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, as opposed to the opposite. Several times every month I read someone arguing that people in the back obviously dislike Owens, but it seems obvious to me they like Owens quite a bit. If they didn't they wouldn't have him doing promos every night, singles matches on every PPV card and they wouldn't have promoted him through NXT in like 6 months (in fact, Meltzer once said that there was some resentment in NXT because it was felt like there was blatant favoritism towards Owens because everyone else is instructed on how to work WWE style and Triple H told them to let Owens do whatever he wanted).

Besides, everything you need to know about Sami Zayn's character can be inferred from listening to the first 10 seconds of Zayn's entrance music.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does his ass smell like beans too?

If you're trying to insinuate that my head is up his ass, I let his body of work speak for him. Truth is, he's thoughtful and clever in a way most people aren't.

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197482&highlight=
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173926&highlight=
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1135244&highlight=
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094727&highlight=
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1110854&highlight=
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1076129&highlight=

I mean, really. A ton of old wrasslin' threads didn't even have good titles. Like, godawful, TERRIBLE ones.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zayn's music. Man. Now there's a tune where I think every time I listen to it, it's going to get him so amped up that he winds up popping his shoulder out of socket again.

I hate his theme so much, but it works.

I don't get the 10 second comment though. I get nothing from it except that he's insufferable? I don't know. Fuck ska music! Boo! Boo!

Top Bottom