• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Pikma

Banned
We lost Enjoyable WrassleGAF Poster CreeperBlocks. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Looks like he posted a lot in different sports OTs, and people get banned all the time there, so I don't think it had anything to do with WrassleGAF. We'll see you when you get back!
It was because he didn't spoiler tag something in the BvS thread.

bjork

blue

I have bad news for you

shamerock was shitty

that was a typo but it fits so I'm leaving it as it is

Anth0ny

It doesn't even have the big name power and [stacked] depth than a 2005-2006 Raw/Smackdown, much less than the 2002-2003 rosters. And on top of that, there is an extra hour per Raw show compared to always being a two hr show.

They keep relying on nostalgia acts because they have zero clue how to make new stars.

Again, I really think that's less the guys/girls themselves and more how they're booked. Just look at how they handle some of these guys from the indies, Japan and NXT. They are all super talented. They know how to be over. They put on great matches. They can be stars... but WWE drops the ball every single time.

the booking and writing has always been bad, since the WWE existed. The difference is that in the past, during their periods of greatest success, there have always been talented individuals with larger than life personalities who the even the WWE, no matter how hard they tried, couldn't keep down in Hogan, Austin and Rock. They don't have anyone like that now. From that regard, there is a talent problem.

ehh, it's always been bad but it's worse now than ever. At least there was some kind of logical storytelling going on during those peak periods. While Austin and Rock led the ship, you had guys like 2 Cool, The New Age Outlaws and Crash Holly OVER AS FUCK. I can assure you that they weren't so talented that they busted through the glass ceiling at WWF. Back then, they would emphasize strengths and minimize weakness. Russo made sure there was a story going on during every segment now matter how low on the card a worker was. In the attitude era, you had 2 hours jam packed with characters and storylines you CARED about... whether or not they were good, looking back, is really irrelevant. It worked, and that's all that matters.

Today, shit doesn't work.

Meltzer reporting that they are piping in boos for Roman Reigns.

yeah it's happening

thank god

the "die roman die" promo on night after mania should be sweet

Cagey

Banned
Watching Emma and Asuka on NXT last night...

I'm having a hard time buying Asuka in this character she's playing. Her ass attacks look every bit as goofy as Naomi, her strikes look weak for someone sold as a stone cold killer, her look is trash (short, soft, goofy gear).

If it wasn't for the "she's from Japan and was totally bad ass there, guys, believe us, she's super cool" meta-narrative, there wouldn't be much going on here.

I keep waiting to be impressed from watching her in NXT.

Meltzer reporting that they are piping in boos for Roman Reigns.

Just remember, none of you hateful fuckers are allowed on the Roman War Wagon after Wrestlemania. All full.

Kaladin

Aztec Warfare may have been a spotfest, but it was one of the best pieces of booking I have seen in a long time. Talk about closure and opening new chapters.

It truly delivered on the excitement and surprise that match can and should bring to the table.

Also, why can't the Royal Rumble be pinfall and submission? They showed it can work with a shit ton of guys in the ring, and you can actually wrestle a match around that. It works a lot better than having guys fake fighting off elimination in the corner while the main contest is going on in the ring.

I am absolutely intrigued by Matanza Cueto. The guy is a beast and is amazing in the ring with his variety of suplexes, throws and reversals. I can't wait to see this monster in a one on one match.

Fox318

Just remember, none of you hateful fuckers are allowed on the Roman War Wagon after Wrestlemania. All full.

tumblr_nxxw4sN3Pj1srbyoyo1_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man I'm having a hard time staying at work now that DS3 is out. It has the flavor that was so lacking in Dark Souls 2. It's very good.

Outside of Curerno going out first Aztec Warfare was fab. They did a great job of playing off of rivalries in the match and Matanza was terrifying. Just compare him demolishing entire the roster with hoss moves and standing SSPs next to Stroman hugging people to death. It really goes to show how in ring work does matter, even if it's simply down to the spectacle of it.

Strax

Next time Big E or Kofi has a singles match I want Xavier and Big E/Kofi to ride around the ring on a tandem bike while Xavier plays the trombone

bearbomb

Neo Member
Rumors section on cageside

"Apparently there's a big surprise planned for the New Day vs. League of Nations match at WrestleMania 32 but no one knows what it is."

Bulletproof Balor Club debut?

Tagyhag

The only time I've EVER seen Mark/Undertaker smile was during that match with Brock, and that shit was terrifying. I wonder if that's why he doesn't smile.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit, that Fat Joe...

that's really fucking good

Top Bottom