• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

justjim89

New Day inducting the racist-ass Freebirds into the Hall of Fame really doesn't sit well with me. It just reeks of political maneuvering while using the excuse of "BUT THE FREEBIRD RULE! GET IT?" Cause you can bet your bottom dollar they won't show one Confederate Flag in their video package even though it was basically the Freebirds' entire gimmick. Seems fucked up to me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New Day inducting the racist-ass Freebirds into the Hall of Fame really doesn't sit well with me. It just reeks of political maneuvering while using the excuse of "BUT THE FREEBIRD RULE! GET IT?" Cause you can bet your bottom dollar they won't show one Confederate Flag in their video package even though it was basically the Freebirds' entire gimmick. Seems fucked up to me.

They shouldn't show one. You want them to show one?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to show it AND be called out for it, but there's no way we're getting that.

justjim89

They shouldn't show one. You want them to show one?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to show it AND be called out for it, but there's no way we're getting that.

No, not at all. I'm just saying maybe the racist-ass faction based around the Confederate flag doesn't BELONG in the Hall of Fame in the first place.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No, not at all. I'm just saying maybe the racist-ass faction based around the Confederate flag doesn't BELONG in the Hall of Fame in the first place.

We're way too late for that, though, considering we have LITERAL MURDERERS in there. HoF is a weird thing.

Zach

Cagematch.net ratings through 1995:

7SNDhRr.png

justjim89

We're way too late for that, though, considering we have LITERAL MURDERERS in there. HoF is a weird thing.

That's a fair point. Not to mention a CONVICTED RAPIST in Mike Tyson.

I'm just curious if New Day is into the idea or if it was kinda put upon them. Not that they'd say no, either way. They surely know better than that. This just feels like such a transparently political move. New Day talks about how incredible the Freebirds were and how much they owe them, introduce the Freebirds and they all dance together on stage, cut to Mark Henry and Booker T laughing, and at some point Hayes will undoubtedly call New Day his brothas.

We already know how it'll go.

Watching Emma and Asuka on NXT last night...

I'm having a hard time buying Asuka in this character she's playing. Her ass attacks look every bit as goofy as Naomi, her strikes look weak for someone sold as a stone cold killer, her look is trash (short, soft, goofy gear).

If it wasn't for the "she's from Japan and was totally bad ass there, guys, believe us, she's super cool" meta-narrative, there wouldn't be much going on here.

I keep waiting to be impressed from watching her in NXT.

Just remember, none of you hateful fuckers are allowed on the Roman War Wagon after Wrestlemania. All full.

I think Asuka has a great presence and always comes off as the superior wrestler in any of the matches I've seen. Definitely my favorite female wrestler at the moment. But last night's match just came to a dead halt in the middle. Like I can't remember the last time I watched a match that lost so much momentum.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's a fair point. Not to mention a CONVICTED RAPIST in Mike Tyson.

I'm just curious if New Day is into the idea or if it was kinda put upon them. Not that they'd say no, either way. They surely know better than that. This just feels like such a transparently political move. New Day talks about how incredible the Freebirds were and how much they owe them, introduce the Freebirds and they all dance together on stage, cut to Mark Henry and Booker T laughing, and at some point Hayes will undoubtedly call New Day his brothas.

We already know how it'll go.

I'm dying to know if they are wanting to do it so they can be subversive with the Freebirds being the butt of the joke, so to speak, or if they just really fuckin' like em. Or if they don't have a choice. It is eating at me inside, I want to KNOW.

There are a TON of similarities between them, to be sure. At the same time I think Kevin Von Erich should be inducting them.

COjEz3r.jpg

Well, that should be fun. Already called the finish, though - moonsault knees from Bailey countered into a chikenwing :p

Also, that Rolling Stone article about Teddy, what a lunatic haha;

"God has put me through some funny stuff, because he's given me some unbelievable gifts. My luck has been tremendous, my health has been tremendous, never been injured wrestling in all these years, when all the guys said my career would be done the fastest of anyone who's stepped in the ring because of the crazy stuff I do – especially a third-generation [wrestler] with a last name. I don't have to do fuck all, but my moves are a testament to my religion and God. You guys don't live a clean life and that's why you've got knee braces on, because you sucked a guy's dick for a job. I only got on my knees for God and maybe to lick a girl's pussy." -Teddy Hart

COjEz3r.jpg

Well, that should be fun. Already called the finish, though - moonsault knees from Bailey countered into a chikenwing :p

Also, that Rolling Stone article about Teddy, what a lunatic haha;

"God has put me through some funny stuff, because he's given me some unbelievable gifts. My luck has been tremendous, my health has been tremendous, never been injured wrestling in all these years, when all the guys said my career would be done the fastest of anyone who's stepped in the ring because of the crazy stuff I do – especially a third-generation [wrestler] with a last name. I don't have to do fuck all, but my moves are a testament to my religion and God. You guys don't live a clean life and that's why you've got knee braces on, because you sucked a guy's dick for a job. I only got on my knees for God and maybe to lick a girl's pussy." -Teddy Hart

Live a clean life.
Allegedly commit sexual assault and probably dodging the warrant.

Yeah. He keeping that girl against her will when he goes down on his knees?

justjim89

I'm dying to know if they are wanting to do it so they can be subversive with the Freebirds being the butt of the joke, so to speak, or if they just really fuckin' like em. Or if they don't have a choice. It is eating at me inside, I want to KNOW.

There are a TON of similarities between them, to be sure. At the same time I think Kevin Von Erich should be inducting them.

I mean, this isn't the first time WWE has latched irrelevant old-timers onto The New Day to make them seem cooler. *cough* The Rock *cough* Edge and Christian *cough*

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for the conversation. At the same time, if New Day acted like they were anything less than absolutely thrilled for this honor, you know LoN would be taking the tag titles at Mania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Live a clean life.
Allegedly commit sexual assault and probably dodging the warrant.

Yeah. He keeping that girl against her will when he goes down on his knees?

and now he brings God into it

Teddy Hart is someone to fear.

Browny

Banned
Rumors section on cageside

"Apparently there's a big surprise planned for the New Day vs. League of Nations match at WrestleMania 32 but no one knows what it is."

Bulletproof Balor Club debut?

Hayes comes out of retirement for ONE MORE MATCH.

League and New Day team up to beat the everliving fuck out of him.

Menome

Good episode of NXT last night. Elias Samson finally gained a tiny bit of character after four months of nothing. Not enough to actually make me interested yet, but hopefully they can finally start to build to something now other than "Moody guy with a winning streak".

bjork

So I've been trying to get my blood pressure down, because it was like 165/110 awhile back. Cutting out bad shit, taking to some exercise, etc. I check it at work, usually multiple times over the course of the night.

midnight: 147/94
2 am : 140/89
5 am: 153/91

I can recognize that it is lower, but it's not good enough. I just don't know what else I need to do to have it not average out to 146/91. It's getting frustrating.

So I've been trying to get my blood pressure down, because it was like 165/110 awhile back. Cutting out bad shit, taking to some exercise, etc. I check it at work, usually multiple times over the course of the night.

I can recognize that it is lower, but it's not good enough. I just don't know what else I need to do to have it not average out to 146/91. It's getting frustrating.

Stop watching Raw.

BFIB

So how exactly is the main event going to be booked? If Reigns wins clean, I'm guessing they put the title match in the middle of the card.

Nekofrog

Banned
I keep watching the drifters matches hoping against hope he'll save all the wasted time I've spent watching his matches by getting a mic and fucking explaining himself already. Tell me why I wasted time in you so I can stop wasting time on you

Zach

So I just saw that NXT TakeOver: Dallas is exactly 15 years after everyone's favorite PPV, WrestleMania X-7.

Just a little fun fact. >_>

According to PWtorch the word going out is that HHH wants ShaneVsTaker to go on last as the true main event closing Wrestlemania 32

However it's Vince that wants HHH and Reigns to close the show for the WWE championship. HHH isn't sold on his main event because the original plans for Reigns isn't working and the story isn't progressing or being told how they wanted it to, he now believes it's a weaker story compared Takers career and Raw power on the line.

They've been getting into heated arguments backstage and it's worrying some people who worry for Vince's health that this mania has been the most stressful for him in recent years.

Credit:pWtorch

RBH

What is your weight currently, if you don't mind me asking?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You expect me to believe that HHH is lobbying to do the job in the undercard?

I need to see the receipts.

Bubba T

Without question.

Lovable loser that kinda made it big for a minute, then went back to loserville.

It was a burial unlike any other.

It was an emasculation so deep it was like Stephanie McMahon wrote the storyline herself.

It was a L so large it would make Meek Mill blush.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I've also been dealing with roughly those same numbers. Losing weight is the only thing that affected it. I had my stress skyrocket into "kill you" numbers, due to work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Why wouldn't he? He's actually dedicated to putting new guys over. Hell, even he and Shawn put over Legacy huge before, and let's not even pretend to forget Mania 30. First match on the card, not counting the Preshow, and he jobbed the fuck out to Bryan and made him look like a million bucks.

He's been there at the PC for a long time.

He is a regular trainer and was featured in the Baron Corbin segments of Breaking Ground!

No MLB The Show 16 on Vita. That sucks.

I know! It's important to call out Smiley appearances every chance you get, because he's the best.

Vita's market has changed. If MLB The Show 16 had a "rubdown" with underaged female ball girls then you'd see a release.

WE NETWORK UNVEILS WRESTLEMANIA WEEK PROGRAMMING

STAMFORD, Conn., March 24, 2016 – WWE Network unveiled its WrestleMania Week programming line-up filled with a series of all-new episodes, specials and live coverage beginning Monday, March 28 and culminating with WWE’s pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania on Sunday, April 3, live at 7 PM ET/4 PM PT.

WrestleMania Week will include the premiere of WWE 24: “Thank You Daniel,” a new episode of Legends with JBL® featuring 2016 Hall of Fame inductee Michael Hayes, WWE Ride Along™ featuring WWE Superstars Dean Ambrose® and Roman Reigns®, and WWE Divas Paige™ and Alicia Fox™, andStone Cold® Podcast Live! featuring WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley. In addition, fans can also watch NXT® Takeover: Dallas, the WWE Hall of Fame 2016 Red Carpet and the WWE Hall of Fame 2016, along with WrestleMania Kickoff and the year’s main attraction, WrestleMania.

New subscribers can get all of this programming as part of a free month trial by signing up at WWENetwork.com now. The schedule of WrestleMania Week programming on WWE Network is as follows:

WWE 24: “Thank You Daniel”
Monday, March 28 immediately following Monday Night Raw®

Witness Daniel Bryan’s emotional farewell, as WWE 24 cameras bring you unprecedented access inside the last day of his stellar career.

Legends with JBL: Michael Hayes
Tuesday, March 29 at 8 pm ET

Host John Bradshaw Layfield, former WWE Champion and current Monday Night Raw analyst, presses the biggest and most influential names in WWE on the most controversial topics in sports entertainment history. JBL sits down with 2016 WWE Hall of Fame Inductee Michael Hayes and discusses the Fabulous Freebirds’ legendary career in the ring, his creative role behind-the-scenes, as well as the controversies surrounding him.

NXT
Wednesday, March 30 at 8 pm ET

With only two days to go before his rematch for Finn Bálor’s title at NXT TakeOver: Dallas, Samoa Joe is in action against Bull Dempsey. Fans will also get an exclusive look at the upcoming NXT TakeOver match between NXT Champion Bayley and Asuka.

WWE Ride Along featuring WWE Superstars Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns and WWE Divas Paige and Alicia Fox
Wednesday, March 30 at 9 pm ET

On WWE Ride Along, the WWE Universe rides shotgun with the Superstars and Divas as they travel from city to city on the tour that never ends. On the road to WrestleMania, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose get chased by fans, while Paige and Alicia Fox engage in some Divas hijinks! Hear inside stories and witness over-the-top hilarity that can only take place within the confines of a car.

Stone Cold Podcast Live! featuring WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley
Thursday, March 31 at 10 pm ET

WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin hosts a no-holds-barred interview with the Hardcore Legend, Mick Foley, LIVE from WrestleMania Axxess.

NXT TakeOver: Dallas
Friday, April 1 at 10 pm ET

The biggest names in NXT face off in front of a sold-out crowd at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. NXT Champion Finn Bálor puts the NXT Championship on the line against Samoa Joe, NXT Women’s Champion Bayley will defend her title against Asuka™, and Jason Jordan™ and Chad Gable™ will face Blake™ & Murphy™ for the NXT Tag Team Titles.

WWE Hall of Fame 2016 Red Carpet
Saturday, April 2 at 7 pm ET

Join host Maria Menounos and WWE announcer Byron Saxton from the red carpet at WWE’s most glamourous event of the year. Watch all the glitz and glamour as Superstars, Divas, Legends and celebrities tell all on the eve of WrestleMania.

WWE Hall of Fame 2016
Saturday, April 2 at 8 pm ET

Sting, The Fabulous Freebirds, Big Boss Man, Godfather, Jacqueline and Stan Hansen will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. The WrestleMania eve tradition will telecast from the sold-out American Airlines Center in Dallas.

WrestleMania Kickoff
Sunday, April 3 at 5 pm ET

The WWE Universe prepares for the biggest event of the year with the annual WrestleMania Kickoff show. This year’s show starts the night off with one ofWrestleMania’s fastest-growing traditions, the third annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, featuring 20 Superstars.

WrestleMania
Sunday, April 3 at 7 pm ET

An unprecedented sold-out crowd is expected at AT&T Stadium for WWE’s annual pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania. Triple H® will defend his WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar® takes on Dean Ambrose in a no-holds-barred street fight, Shane McMahon® returns to in-ring action for the first time in seven years to face Undertaker® inside Hell in a Cell and WWE Divas Champion Charlotte™ puts her title on the line in a triple threat match against Sasha Banks™ and Becky Lynch™.

Spot the odd mistake in Bold...

#politicalhit.

Reigns is a such a failure as a top face (in part due to Triple H acting like a face) he can't even main event WM ahead of 100 year old Undertaker and the bosses idiot son, but ya' know who is coming back in a few months and is Triple H's golden boy? Hmmmm.

Top Bottom