• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Browny

Banned
Any time I can see some fluid land on Kristen Wiig I'm sold.

image.php

Bandini

Someone interview me, I got a tournament promo to cut damnit!

Sephzilla, heading into this match you've faced a lot of skepticism about your large, metallic hands being able to operate a controller with the nuance necessary to perform at a high level. How would you respond to your critics?

Sephzilla

Sephzilla, heading into this match you've faced a lot of skepticism about your large, metallic hands being able to operate a controller with the nuance necessary to perform at a high level. How would you respond to your critics?

How do I respond to my critics?

U5hSOhh.gif

Damn son, I respond to my critics by whippin' ass. Giancarlo123x, the whole world knows you only made it this far in the Street Fighter tournament because you beat up a bunch of nobodies and has beens. Now ya got Sunny McMahon and WrassleGAF's front office drooling over you and already talking about you being in the finals, ya got a bunch of part-timers in the peanut gallery cheering for you, and a bunch of critics trying to find ways I'll lose. Well all I see is a bunch of suits and washed-up never-was GAFfers in denial. The truth is that you're a paper champion who's going to fold the moment you fight a real fighter like me. The bottom line is that Stone Cold Sephzilla is the future of WrassleGAF and there aint a damn thing anybody can do about it. Tonight I'm gonna stomp a mudhole in a, walk it dry, shoryuken the crap outta DullEdge or Bobo The Clown, take that SFV WrassleGAF Championship, and take might rightful place at the top of WrassleGAF and that's the bottom line cuz Sephzilla said so!

2beers.gif

U5hSOhh.gif

Damn son, I respond to my critics by whippin' ass. Giancarlo123x, the whole world knows you only made it this far in the Street Fighter tournament because you beat up a bunch of nobodies and has beens. Now ya got Sunny McMahon and WrassleGAF's front office drooling over you and already talking about you being in the finals, ya got a bunch of part-timers in the peanut gallery cheering for you, and a bunch of critics trying to find ways I'll lose. Well all I see is a bunch of suits and washed-up never-was GAFfers in denial. The truth is that you're a paper champion who's going to fold the moment you fight a real fighter like me. The bottom line is that Stone Cold Sephzilla is the future of WrassleGAF and there aint a damn thing anybody can do about it. Tonight I'm gonna stomp a mudhole in a, walk it dry, shoryuken the crap outta DullEdge or Bobo The Clown, take that SFV WrassleGAF Championship, and take might rightful place at the top of WrassleGAF and that's the bottom line cuz Sephzilla said so!

2beers.gif

0eiDj.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda want to buy No Man's Sky because the box art is nice. >_>

You should check out that dope-ass Doom reverse art. Fuuuuck, those are some good looking covers. Wish they were the main.
CcoqIAVW0AAediE.jpg:large

CcoqfRVW8AArVnY.jpg:large

Second one is white fucking hot to me. Love the first one though as well.

Zach

You should check out that dope-ass Doom reverse art. Fuuuuck, those are some good looking covers. Wish they were the main.
CcoqIAVW0AAediE.jpg:large

CcoqfRVW8AArVnY.jpg:large

I posted in that thread. Option B is far superior. The other one is fine, but Option B captures the feeling of DOOM.\

The second one should be the standard box art, that's so fucking good

100% agree. The actual box art is pretty bad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
C'mon, guys. Her voice is fine; its the voice of a real Lass Kicker (that's probably eating a pin from Sasha at WrestleMania).

Zach

I don't hold accents against people. They can't help it -- or, at least, shouldn't have to. It's how they talk, who they are. Why would you dislike an accent? It's weird to me.

Kaladin

I don't hold accents against people. They can't help it -- or, at least, shouldn't have to. It's how they talk, who they are. Why would you dislike an accent? It's weird to me.

While I more agree with you, a good actor / actress can turn off their accents. Look at Hugh Laurie or David Tennant in their UK roles vs their US roles. Even Gordon Ramsay does it to an extent, though his voice isn't shockingly different like the others.

Depends who's in. I know they're capable for it...we could make the final match an event to end all events.

I'm gonna need to consult tape before I let you know who I pick to be winner, but lemme say this, I think Seph is gonna choke unless he busts his ASS.

It would be cool to have it wrestlemania weekend dat Build up

Zach

While I more agree with you, a good actor / actress can turn off their accents. Look at Hugh Laurie or David Tennant in their UK roles vs their US roles. Even Gordon Ramsay does it to an extent, though his voice isn't shockingly different like the others.

But why would that be necessary? In the case of Becky Lynch, are we saying she should do that to be more relatable to 'mericans? Because I'm not into that line of reasoning, personally.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Same here. Of course you'd feel that way bein in OKIE HOMERS and all that shit. "Worsh" your hands. Fuckin shit. I'm from Pennsylvania goddammit.

Sephzilla

I posted in that thread. Option B is far superior. The other one is fine, but Option B captures the feeling of DOOM.\

100% agree. The actual box art is pretty bad.

Someone in the doom thread put the original doom logo into option B and it went nuclear hot at that point

i kind of want the old logo

nuljbIx.jpg

Kaladin

But why would that be necessary? In the case of Becky Lynch, are we saying she should do that to be more relatable to 'mericans? Because I'm not into that line of reasoning, personally.

Personally, I don't think it is necessary for a wrestler. Foreign wrestlers more often than not have their gimmicks tied to their countries and the accent helps that.

If they don't though, it might be a good thing to train them to loose the accent and be more relatable to their audiences.

Zach

Same here. Of course you'd feel that way bein in OKIE HOMERS and all that shit. "Worsh" your hands. Fuckin shit. I'm from Pennsylvania goddammit.

I hear "warsh" a lot, not so much "worsh". And while I don't speak like most Oklahomans, I don't hold it against them. Even if I do give my family members a hard time about it. My grandma says "warsh" -- you know, maybe it is a little "worsh"-y -- and you would love her. She's a very sweet lady and doesn't deserve your potty mouth, young man. Or as she would say, "whistle-britches".

>_>

U5hSOhh.gif

2beers.gif

That was the greatest thing ive ever seen

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hear "warsh" a lot, not so much "worsh". And while I don't speak like most Oklahomans, I don't hold it against them. Even if I do give my family members a hard time about it. My grandma says "warsh" -- you know, maybe it is a little "worsh"-y -- and you would love her. She's a very sweet lady and doesn't deserve your potty mouth, young man. Or as she would say, "whistle-britches".

>_>

Whistle britches? Fuck. I thought I heard it all.

I'm dating someone who was born in South Carolina so I hear some CRAZY shit I usually don't. It's really endearing though, I told her to never stop talking naturally or try to tone it down because it's delightful.

Zach

I'm dating someone who was born in South Carolina so I hear some CRAZY shit I usually don't. It's really endearing though, I told her to never stop talking naturally or try to tone it down because it's delightful.

See? You're not all bad. You can be a supportive gentleman. Good going, WB.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Oh so you man-splained to her how she should speak. "Naturally" you say.

Verendus

Banned
Woah. Woah.

What the fricking heck is this? Why are Dean Ambrose and Jimmy in a match graphic together?

Edit:

So they're having another event before Wrasslin'Mania. This is preposterous. This match should have happened at Wrasslin'Mania so I could have had Barack vs. Reigns. It's like my emotions are being played with. I don't like this feeling at all.

people should really subscibe tot he observer. Dave's exact quote RE: Styles Clash

There had been talk regarding whether to allow Styles to use the Styles Clash, because Vince McMahon had found out Yoshitatsu suffered a broken neck from the move and wanted to err on the side of caution. After Styles used it to beat Axel in his second singles match, they made the call to use the calf crusher as his finisher. Styles hadn’t used the Styles clash, nor even teased it because he was told it wasn’t going to be his finish, since that point. Jericho wanted it in their PPV match, as much as anything because the move was over and to get a reaction, and got it in, and with no issues coming from it, the move is now okay to be used. But I believe they still want the submission move to be his finisher

Let's resurrect an old ROH gimmick for TakeOver: Dallas for The Drifter's match: career vs. a plane ticket back east. If The Drifter loses his match, he loses his plane ticket and actually becomes a shoot Drifter. If his opponent loses, he must leave NXT.

Strand the fucker in Dallas and make him hitchhike back to Full Sall. Film it and put it up on the Network.

Caderfix

jon moxley and the king of kings are fighting to the death on 3/12 for the belt.

Then, once Dean is dead, Roman will seek to avenge his fallen brother in a nail biting, generation defining journey to Wrestlemania, where he'll face THE LAST BOSS, the Cerebral Assassin, the Game, HHH
and get booed out of the building.

UberTag

So they're having another event before Wrasslin'Mania. This is preposterous. This match should have happened at Wrasslin'Mania so I could have had Barack vs. Reigns. It's like my emotions are being played with. I don't like this feeling at all.
All good things come to those who wait. You'll get Barack vs. Reigns at Summerslam where Roman will beat him clean as a whistle.

Verendus

Banned
Now I'm going to have to watch this. I bet it's a no contest thanks to Barack, and Roman makes his glorious return to even the odds. Then we get Roman and Dean vs. Jimmy and Barack on Monday Night Jerichaw. I'll skip that though.

Top Bottom