• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Sephzilla

He did then Jon Stewart had his midlife crisis and wanted to show off in front of his son.

And then Seth Rollins became a double champion. US Title was elevated to its pinnacle.

Then Cena dropped the belt to ADR out of nowhere and then nobody cared, which tends to happen when ADR gets involved in something

jmdajr

CepYtfKWEAAJ3ew.jpg

Cool. Now if I could find a store that still caries magazines.

Zach

So I understand a big controversy is about to break Hogan-style. After browsing some speculative reddit threads, I'm predicting it involves... Randy Orton!

RIP Randy Orton's career.

Chopper

I had a dream last night that Kurt Angle was special guest ref in the HIAC match at Mania.

Actually makes sense, in as far as Angle has had some epic battles with both competitors.

Hey, remember when Eric Angle turned up? That was weird.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
And then Seth Rollins became a double champion. US Title was elevated to its pinnacle.

Then Cena dropped the belt to ADR out of nowhere and then nobody cared, which tends to happen when ADR gets involved in something
I still say Cena should have lost the title to KO. That feud was hot. KO was hot. There would have been no greater rub for him and there was no more fitting way for that title run to end. KO should have then held the title all the way to Mania until losing to AJ Styles.

Chopper

I still say Cena should have lost the title to KO. That feud was hot. KO was hot. There would have been no greater rub for him and there was no more fitting way for that title run to end. KO should have then held the title all the way to Mania until losing to AJ Styles.
I absolutely agree.

Instead they went in the most shortsighted direction possible, just for an ADR pop.

Sephzilla

Totally agree, Cena should have dropped the belt to KO. But instead of making a new star WWE wasted the "who will win the Cena open challenge" on a guy who's gotten numerous opportunities and failed

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

A) I think they wanted Owens to be IC champ because that's the "workhorse" belt, and that makes sense on him (and elevates him).

B) They couldn't exactly predict they were going to get AJ Styles at that point

C) It looks like the timing of the Cena injury probably blew up whatever plans they had for the US title, and the Zayn injury blew up plans for Owens. I suspect they would have gone for Owens vs Zayn for the IC belt had they had time to keep Zayn on RAW and build him up. My understanding for the ADR drop was because Cena had to drop the belt that night, and I think KO was already in a match?

Randy's violated Wellness 4 times that are documented. But because he's white and they like him, he was rewarded with a world title reign instead of fired

Raw64life

Orton was my first thought as well re: big rumor. It's implied that everyone already knows this person is an ass, and Orton has quite a history of that, although it's been a while since we've heard about him doing anything shitty.

Personally I'm pulling for a reveal that Michael Hayes is the father of Rosa Mendes baby.

Heel

So, from what I've gathered, no one knows what the 'big story' is, so wrestling fans are using it as an opportunity to fantasy book? But instead of wrestling matches, it's suicide rumors. Got it.

miserable

I had a dream last night that Kurt Angle was special guest ref in the HIAC match at Mania.

Actually makes sense, in as far as Angle has had some epic battles with both competitors.

Hey, remember when Eric Angle turned up? That was weird.

What if Rod McMahon shows up?

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/...es-taken-their-toll-wwe-ahead-wrestlemania-32

Smarky ass article with that booking

A year ago at this time, fans were fantasizing about the possibility of The Undertaker vs. Sting or John Cena, Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan, The Rock and Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, and the three former members of The Shield -- Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose -- in a three-way match for the world heavyweight title. Suffice it to say that none of those matches will be happening Sunday when WrestleMania 32 invades AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Son Of D

Rusev is one example of a guy that could make them money right now but they just weren't interested in it or didn't see it. Amazing talent wasted.

Yup. He should be in an uppercard match if not one of the main events. I hope this League of Nations thing ends soon, or Rusev decides to leave so he can pursue the IC title against Owens (or heck just a feud with Owens would be good for Rusev).

Top Bottom