• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Fox318

If that was Orton WWE would have stood their ground and told sponsors to fuck off

Like Vince saying FUCK in the first 30 minutes of raw when the most kids are watching.

What about using a tragic death by drug overdose to try and get a shit heel over?

Did the sponsors react to that?

As much as I liked Team Hell No, I'd like to peek in the alternate universe where we got a D-Bry + Mark Henry tag team instead.

pAvW2.gif

Gurrry

Just finished raw, cant believe rock wasnt there. What exactly is his role at WM?

And lol at the you still suck chants to roman at the end. That match is gonna be boo city.

Shanes spot at the top was easily the highlight.

What about using a tragic death by drug overdose to try and get a shit heel over?

Did the sponsors react to that?

Yes, they didn't threaten to pull but they were noticeably not happy, and Orton wasn't allowed to do any more "I'm glad Eddie's dead/he's in hell" stuff because of it. It didn't stop them from making Vickie and Chavo heels, but it was something

Is there a chance Trump is the surprise for the New Day match?

"Let met tell you this: People think I don't love black people. I love black people. I've loved black people all my life, are you kidding me? What I don't love are these foreigners. I mean can you believe this? This one guy walks around with no shoes on, who knows where he's hiding the bomb. Says he's from Bulgaria, then Russia, he's changed his story more than I've change my wives. Then you have Del Rio: Let me tell you this if New Day win a WrestleMania Del Rio is paying for the wall. I can guarantee you that."

Fox318

"Let met tell you this: People think I don't love black people. I love black people. I've loved black people all my life, are you kidding me? What I don't love are these foreigners. I mean can you believe this? This one guy walks around with no shoes on, who knows where he's hiding the bomb. Says he's from Bulgaria, then Russia, he's changed his story more than I've change my wives. Then you have Del Rio: Let me tell you this if New Day win a WrestleMania Del Rio is paying for the wall. I can guarantee you that."

I think we all know who is gonna tag with them.

uwh4I8p.gif

I expect the new day to do all of the work and Hayes steals the heat and the pin.

Fox318

Yes, they didn't threaten to pull but they were noticeably not happy, and Orton wasn't allowed to do any more "I'm glad Eddie's dead/he's in hell" stuff because of it. It didn't stop them from making Vickie and Chavo heels, but it was something

And a death was never used to put over a talent ever again.

bo5gNRZm.jpg

1unaH70.jpg

Rusev wears boots tho

Right, not even bothering with that "argument" when it's clear you won't even bother with facts. Moving on:

It is 1:47 AM, and on Twitter the 13th Worldwide Trend is Titanic. The 14th? Eva Marie. Coincidence?

But man though, there was literally nothing they could've done to salvage Reigns going into Mania. (they weren't going to turn him before Mania)

They finally started booking him right by having him just fight and not talk but it was too late, the guy is damaged goods, it's become "the thing" to boo him.

Carny to the core

He could have at least, I don't know

Not done one off a fucking forklift

I think if you asked me to narrow it down to one moment, that was the one where I just stopped seeing what everyone else saw in him and started thinking he was an idiot.

It should have been the ROH Nigel dumbass spots, but the concussions in sports/CTE/League of Denial news hadn't really broke yet, we didn't know how bad that stuff was at the time, etc. so I was one of many who cringed but thought nothing of it back then.

Rewatching old matches makes me sad a lot nowadays

He could have at least, I don't know

Not done one off a fucking forklift

I think if you asked me to narrow it down to one moment, that was the one where I just stopped seeing what everyone else saw in him and started thinking he was an idiot.

It should have been the ROH Nigel dumbass spots, but the concussions in sports/CTE/League of Denial news hadn't really broke yet, we didn't know how bad that stuff was at the time, etc. so I was one of many who cringed but thought nothing of it back then.

Rewatching old matches makes me sad a lot nowadays

That, plus the news of him throwing a fit over Triple H stopping his match, plus the news of him ignoring advice to stop doing headbutts and tone down his offense, plus him hiding seizures so he could keep wrestling are what made me wash my hands of him. It's completely fucking selfish of him, and he's lucky they forced him to stop wrestling when they did.

I always assumed Bryan getting fired for the tie thing wasn't actually because sponsored complained but because Vince has a irrational fear of sponsors complaining.

Like how he fired JR for not controlling a drunk Ric Flair during a WWE 2K games panel and Vince was apparently super worried that 2K would freak out so he took action and fired the sober guy. Turns out people at 2K didn't give a shit and if anything thought drunk Ric actually made the panel interesting for a change.

I dunno. You hear enough stories about companies working with WWE and hear about how uptight and weird WWE is about how they present themselves. It sounds hilarious working with them.

They got a image they want to project. They got guys they want doing the big media appearances, even when it makes more sense for someone else to do a appearance because its their hometown or some shit they will still try and send Big Show or Shemaus or something because its a TV show and the hometown guy is a lower card person so they are only let do radio. They are as cookie cutter in their PR as they are in how they present RAW every week.

I hope I get to personally work on something that has to deal with WWE one day. It sounds like a experience I want to have at least once just to experience the madness first hand instead of hearing stories.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's no point in turning Roman heel after all this time. Moment for that story has passed and unless he suddenly becomes charismatic no amount of heel or face turns or scripted moments to make him look good are gonna make the people that don't like him now like him any more in the future.

Really, it's all him now. He either wins over the crowd by his own doing, or he doesn't.

kiguel182

This was one of the best episodes of Raw in some time. Not that it's saying much but it was a packed show with tons of segments. Like it should be every week pretty much.

The IC title match is probably the biggest blunder they have at Mania right now that isn't Reigns. Nobody cares about anyone in that match except for Sami and Owens. Two of the best wrestlers they have are stuck in this match. The crowd shat on everyone but these two and nobody can really fault them for it.

Reigns and HHH is still, well Reigns and HHH. People don't like Reigns. Same as it was last week and the week prior and so on and so forth. They tried and the segments weren't bad per say but I don't care about Reigns as a face.

Women's triple threat and Lesnar and Ambrose are probably the best matches on the card right now. At least they are the ones I'm not indifferent to.

MC Safety

So is roman dropping the coming through the crowd thing?

Hasn't done it since having his nose job.

He should also drop the body armor. It's hard to make your hero seem human and vulnerable when his chestplate allows him to shrug off most kicks and punches.

None of the great stars ever wore anything that ridiculous. Not the Rock, not Steve Austin, not Hulk, not Ric Flair.

Man the crowd at In Your House: Canadian Stampede 1997 is crazy for this 10 man tag. Bret stomping Austin right at the start was such a great sustained pop.

Top Bottom