• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

bjork

He should also drop the body armor. It's hard to make your hero seem human and vulnerable when his chestplate allows him to shrug off most kicks and punches.

None of the great stars ever wore anything that ridiculous. Not the Rock, not Steve Austin, not Hulk, not Ric Flair.

QsMijxp.gif

Kaladin

I'm hyped for at least the variation of Owens vs Zayn we get at Mania. Be thankful it's a multi-man ladder match and not a pre-show match that gets turned into a battle royal.

Also, I'm hyped for Lesnar vs Ambrose and the Shane-O-Mac Bump-A-Thon.

If given time, the women's triple threat is poised to steal the show. Give them NXT main event time and booking and it will be through the roof.

One of the best PPVs ever.

I haven't seen the full show in so long. Fun stuff. The layout of the main event 10 man tag in particular is so, so, so great. Like jesus christ Austin fighting the hart family at ringside, Owen and Austin getting hurt and making comebacks, all the brawling, the crowd. A+++++

EDIT: omg even the post match stuff is great.

Kaladin

“I’m not much for legacy,” Lesnar told “SportsCenter” on Monday (transcribed by FOX Sports). “I guess people have their way of remembering what I did. I’m not about accomplishments. I don’t have a trophy room. I don’t have any symbolic things. I’m not a sentimental guy. I couldn’t even tell you where my UFC titles are or my WWE championships or my NCAA plaque, my heavyweight plaque. I don’t even now where that is right now.

“But I do know one thing — how much money’s in my bank account.”

Brock knows the real deal.

Striker

He should also drop the body armor. It's hard to make your hero seem human and vulnerable when his chestplate allows him to shrug off most kicks and punches.

None of the great stars ever wore anything that ridiculous. Not the Rock, not Steve Austin, not Hulk, not Ric Flair.
Those guys didn't wear jorts, either.

And yes, IYH: Canadian Stampede is, indeed, fantastic.

kiguel182

Just listening to WOR.

Meltzer said wwf SERIOUSLY believed that Eva Marie would get cheered, and that the boos were just an NXT thing lol

That's hilarious.

I still can't believe they put her there on the face team. They put their biggest female heel on the face team.

Their dumb decisions are, hands down, the most entertaining part of all of this.

Just listening to WOR.

Meltzer said wwf SERIOUSLY believed that Eva Marie would get cheered, and that the boos were just an NXT thing lol
They expected....cheers? If anything you would expect apathy if you're trying to convince yourself only NXT fans hate her, the general audience would have no opinion of her.

Actually no wait they were in fucking Brooklyn, of course those fans would know and hate Eva. What the fuck.

kiguel182

It's a kids show and kids love Eva. I don't know why they would expect boos. It were probably those adults that go to a kids show. You know, the vocal minority.

Kaladin

That's hilarious.

I still can't believe they put her there on the face team. They put their biggest female heel on the face team.

Their dumb decisions are, hands down, the most entertaining part of all of this.

Didn't you know? Divas are interchangeable and can change sides at any given minute. It's real life.

Kaladin

I'm nearing some amazing times in my classic WWF re-watch. Early 1997 saw Bret Hart's "heel turn" where he basically starting cutting every promo shouting and pissed off at everything.

Everyone has an attitude as Vince is apt to tell you as often as modern day Michael Cole pushes Twitter, though the attitudes come off as forced.

I'm getting very close to HBK loosing his smile and the ECW invasion. Looking forward to both periods.

1997 WWF is the slow burning turn to the full on attitude era which is great.

Is the Roman hate now at the levels of Cena hate 10 years ago?

I want to say it isn't, but I can't remember exactly.

No, it's worse because Reigns doesn't have Cena's existing base to build off. Before the JBL feud, Cena was pretty popular, and he was never entirely booed except with hardcore crowds. Also there's a lot more people who just don't care with reigns, which is worse.

Reigns/HHH will probably get the exact same reception as Cena/HHH did back then though. That mania crowd gave cena nothing.

Kaladin

IMO, Mania is the last shot for the divas revolution. If the triple threat falls flat, it's dead Jim.

This is the stage they need to be allowed to perform on, and if it happens it will be the Wrestlemania moment they always hope for.

Clegg

No, it's worse because Reigns doesn't have Cena's existing base to build off. Before the JBL feud, Cena was pretty popular, and he was never entirely booed except with hardcore crowds. Also there's a lot more people who just don't care with reigns, which is worse.

Reigns/HHH will probably get the exact same reception as Cena/HHH did back then though. That mania crowd gave cena nothing.
Roman was pretty popular before the singles push though. But that was off the back of being his teams strongman and looking the part in tag matches. WWE has fucked this so badly because he actually has the potential to be a star anyway. Pulled the trigger far too soon when he wasn't ready.

I remember the crowd reactions when HHH tapped to Cena. There was a lot of disbelief amongst the fans. I think we'll get a more vocal reaction at WM and Raw the next night if Roman wins the title. The last 10 years has shown that if they really want to, the WWE will shove their chosen guy down your throat. Fans will be redy.

Reigns will likely win and drop the belt at Summer Slam. I can't imagine they're so tone deaf to not realize this isn't working. I still don't mind Reigns, though some of his stuff is corny (it was also corny during the Shield) but the crowd just don't give a damn.

I think Cena is fairly highly regarded by most fans these days.

He's transcended just being a character who's booked by a creative team and is just John Cena now.

I like him - can't wait for his return and I really don't care if he jumps straight into the title picture.

Kaladin

He's transcended just being a character who's booked by a creative team and is just John Cena now.

I like him - can't wait for his return and I really don't care if he jumps straight into the title picture.

This. This is what we've come to friends.

Vince did it.

Cena is over.

I'm travelling thank you very much
I don't get the joke

The scummiest of wrestling fans often wait in airports when they know WWE is flying in to get a wrestler's autograph.

I have met people who literally had notebooks (plural) of 8 x 10s of Supestars who were both signed and waiting to be signed.

klonere

Banned
I hope this Matt Riddle run in Evolve ends in a challenge from Filthy Tom Lawlor so we can truly enter the shoot era in American indies.

Roman was pretty popular before the singles push though. But that was off the back of being his teams strongman and looking the part in tag matches. WWE has fucked this so badly because he actually has the potential to be a star anyway. Pulled the trigger far too soon when he wasn't ready.

Yeah, the popularity was all shield related. He never really stood on his own and got cheered apart from at the we-hate-batista rumble, and that was more a reaction to Batista then anything. Maybe if he never had that initial injury there would have been a more organic build, but instead we got that garbage.

I think it's more people recognise he hasn't got much left in the tank so they don't have to see him in the main event much anymore, and are thus more relaxed about him being there.

Top Bottom