• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Fox318

You guys are weird. As the only non-gimmick poster, I gotta say that my least favorite schtick is the "above it all" gimmick. Just so lame. I switch over to the WWE Mafia thread every time it pops up.

:D

You're gimmick better be giving Wrestlemania 2000 a F minus

or else me and dm

n7wJH3F.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-w-ujmhoBE

klonere

Banned
If he becomes the first guy to beat Demon Balor, I think he'll effectively become that. But I actually kind of think Demon Balor might not appear at Takeover Dallas (I'm behind on NXT so maybe the most recent episode hints otherwise)

Yeah they have done zero teases of the Demon but hey, I don't think they did it for London either so....

I think its more likely that the Balor Club shows up tbh.

kiguel182

If he becomes the first guy to beat Demon Balor, I think he'll effectively become that. But I actually kind of think Demon Balor might not appear at Takeover Dallas (I'm behind on NXT so maybe the most recent episode hints otherwise)

I hope Demon Balor appears. Finn seems to be demon free and they haven't talked about it but I hope they don't get rid of that side of the character.

Kaladin

I knew Joe still had it. TNA drained his reasons to care, but didn't drain his ability. All someone had to do was give him a proper spotlight and he'd be gold again. NXT is doing just that.

Sephzilla

Yeah they have done zero teases of the Demon but hey, I don't think they did it for London either so....

I think its more likely that the Balor Club shows up tbh.

They teased the Demon showing up for London like 2 or 3 weeks before the London show. One of Joe's promo videos for the match had him saying that he's likely provoked the Demon, but Joe didn't care because he felt was the real monster.

I hope Demon Balor appears. Finn seems to be demon free and they haven't talked about it but I hope they don't get rid of that side of the character.

They've dialed back on Demon Balor a lot and it's the smart move to do, because it makes Demon Balor appearing a much more "special" thing instead of something that pops up every PPV. The next step is to have Balor act noticeably more different as the demon and have a different move set. Finn Balor and Demon Balor should really come across as two different characters, not just Finn in a different set of trunks.

kiguel182

I knew Joe still had it. TNA drained his reasons to care, but didn't drain his ability. All someone had to do was give him a proper spotlight and he'd be gold again. NXT is doing just that.

TNA drains everyone eventually, no surprises there.

They teased the Demon showing up for London like 2 or 3 weeks before the London show. One of Joe's promo videos for the match had him saying that he's likely provoked the Demon, but Joe didn't care because Joe felt he was a monster.

They've dialed back on Demon Balor a lot and it's the smart move to do, because it makes Demon Balor appearing a much more "special" thing instead of something that pops up every PPV. The next step is to have Balor act noticeably more different as the demon and have a different move set.

Since PPVs aren't monthly I think every PPV makes sense. It's still special.

A different moveset would be cool for sure.

klonere

Banned

ARxt8jK.gif

They teased the Demon showing up for London like 2 or 3 weeks before the London show. One of Joe's promo videos for the match had him saying that he's likely provoked the Demon, but Joe didn't care because he felt was the real monster.

They've dialed back on Demon Balor a lot and it's the smart move to do, because it makes Demon Balor appearing a much more "special" thing instead of something that pops up every PPV. The next step is to have Balor act noticeably more different as the demon and have a different move set. Finn Balor and Demon Balor should really come across as two different characters, not just Finn in a different set of trunks.

Yeah I completely forgot about the London buildup, its been so long!

Sephzilla

I've decided that Mick Foley is the best part of the Attitude Era.

I'm not sure if I'd put him above Real Ass Stone Cold, but damn he's a close second and he's probably the MVP of that era. So many big moments seem to involve him in some way. Plus Foley and Undertaker collectively saved both their careers, he really helped make Rock, and Foley basically made HHH into a main eventer.

Kaladin

I feel like Mankind vs Undertaker (96 - 97) was the unofficial start of the Attitude Era. It was the first time you saw a change to a more aggressive story telling format and the story they told with those two was different from anything you got elsewhere on the show.

Sephzilla

Speaking of Stardust, I was thinking about it yesterday and I would love to see Stardust go down to NXT and have some kind of top-card run (either as Stardust or as Cody Rhodes). I think an NXT run could do for Cody what it did for Tyson Kidd

Mahonay

Banned
Is there any interview where he talks about his match with Bret from Raw in 1994? I seem to recall Bret talking about it one time, but it's real fuzzy.
Hmm not that I recall.
I feel like Mankind vs Undertaker (96 - 97) was the unofficial start of the Attitude Era. It was the first time you saw a change to a more aggressive story telling format and the story they told with those two was different from anything you got elsewhere on the show.
Yeah I feel pretty much the same way.

Stephanie is going to be on Sportscenter at 10:30, and they are using an unflattering picture to promote her (you know the type, the Steph "smile")

Caderfix

Why don't you weenies just not watch Wrestlemania

And if you think you haven't given money to WWE think again

You've watched those ads, pal. WWE stays winning. So if you wanna pretend like you're not doing anything for them, well, you are.

It's ok to be addicted to something shitty. But don't pretend like you want it to be different, this is the shit you LOVE. You LOVE this shit. You LOVE IT. And the proof is because you never let go. They can do anything they want to you. Lap it up.

3GzB2FM.gif

I watch RAW recaps on youtube, and those are not on WWE's official channel.

shanafan

WWE does a nice job uploading debuts on YouTube.

I find Razor Ramon's pretty funny when this lady stands right up to take his picture when he comes out. Look to the lady sitting in the middle when Razor walks out.

https://youtu.be/qK8MgpuyXkw?t=14s

"Oh, who's this guy? Let me snap a quick pic!"

imBask

Banned
Because you'll get to see AJ Styles perform at WrestleMania.

Even though it's his 4th matchup with Jericho, I've got a feeling that it will be their best match yet.

They've made me not care about one of the best wrestler in the world. 2016 Jericho is a fucking travesty, I can't believe this shit is even real

Vince fucking ruined him because he was a TNA guy, fuck everything

shanafan

Why are people uptight over Eva being involved in a 10 woman tag team match? She's not competing in a singles match for the Diva's title. She is merely 10% of one match. And plus, hasn't that match just got more interesting with her in it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why are people uptight over Eva being involved in a 10 woman tag team match? She's not competing in a singles match for the Diva's title. She is merely 10% of one match. And plus, hasn't that match just got more interesting with her in it?

You know the answer. That's the current climate.

Cagey

Banned
They've made me not care about one of the best wrestler in the world. 2016 Jericho is a fucking travesty, I can't believe this shit is even real

Vince fucking ruined him because he was a TNA guy, fuck everything

He's been in WWE for 2 months and he's going to beat Chris Jericho, a wrestling legend as viewed by the audience, at Wrestlemania this coming Sunday.

Styles has not been ruined.

Sephzilla

He's been in WWE for 2 months and he's going to beat Chris Jericho, a wrestling legend as viewed by the audience, at Wrestlemania this coming Sunday.

You say this like beating Chris Jericho at WrestleMania means anything anymore

WM29_Photo_095_original.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

The only problem I have with it is that they've squared off something like 4 or 5 times already. What's making this one any different? Would have appreciated something to spice it up, some stakes, anything.

imBask

Banned

Chris Jericho is a loser hasbeen in his midlife crisis who was never that great to begin with. Styles should've been a world title contender from the get go, he paid his dues, people know who he is. He's in a non-title match in the undercard of WM, against some fucking loser he's already fought 3+ times, this is the darkest timeline

this is not 1994 Jericho, this is not WCW

shanafan

Chris Jericho is a loser hasbeen in his midlife crisis who was never that great to begin with. Styles should've been a world title contender from the get go, he paid his dues, people know who he is. He's in a non-title match in the undercard of WM, against some fucking loser he's already fought 3+ times, this is the darkest timeline

this is not 1994 Jericho, this is not WCW

Wow.

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

hamchan

I didn't even watch the youtube clips of RAW this week. I just read the summary thread on reddit. Crazy that this is the last RAW before mania.

Mahonay

Banned
Friends, a new buddy of mine invited to a show/party/fundraiser this Saturday night that he's throwing on a boat. I feel like an obligated to go since he's been pretty keen on me going. Said friend is also likely going to be a new part-time coworker of mine since I hooked him up with my boss. I really wanted to watch TakeOver live on Saturday, but I'm trying to break my habit of always bailing on event invites here in Brooklyn. Been missing a lot of easy networking opportunities. I have a WrestleMania day planned anyway with my girlfriend which should be fun, and I can just watch TakeOver with her in the afternoon. I'm just going to stay out of this thread and off of Reddit until I catch up.

TLDR;
I'm missing TakeOver for an attempt at a social life

Top Bottom