• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Hex

Banned
Why are people uptight over Eva being involved in a 10 woman tag team match? She's not competing in a singles match for the Diva's title. She is merely 10% of one match. And plus, hasn't that match just got more interesting with her in it?

Because she is terrible, because there are many more talented women who deserve a Mania spotlight and Mania paycheck.

Mahonay

Banned
I wish there was at least more variety in the roll ups. There needs to be more Sunset Flips, Backslides and La Magistral Cradles and less School Boys.
Austin even said at least pull super hard on the tights and make it look like a shoot. They've all been some weak ass roll ups.

Really made me happy to see Kane and Show squashing jobbers this week, both for traditions sake and also confirmation that both men exist in a world outside of face/heel roles where Big Show doesn't even question getting chokeslammed last week.

Speaking of Stardust, I was thinking about it yesterday and I would love to see Stardust go down to NXT and have some kind of top-card run (either as Stardust or as Cody Rhodes). I think an NXT run could do for Cody what it did for Tyson Kidd

I dig this idea.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
0YMLyUJ.jpg
Now now I just mean a formal dress code. Not a dress code to keep out Hogan's hated folks

Lol Austin and Waltman airing their deep displeasure with the constant distraction roll ups going in WWE matches right now.
Remember when they were more protected and you gor surprised because people won with them?

Then Test would be COO right now. HHH would've been off with Stacy Keibler or whatever. Someone needs to make "What if?" comics for wrestling, if they haven't already.
If only.

Only people who say Jericho isn't helping AJ are mindless fucks.

I wish there was at least more variety in the roll ups. There needs to be more Sunset Flips, Backslides and La Magistral Cradles and less School Boys.

Layla was often really good with pinfall variations - Japanese leg clutch roll, Indian deathlock rolled into a pin and that great short-armdrag which she followed up by floating over into a bridge, or sometimes by rolling the opponent into a crucifix.

This pin from Io Shirai got such a big pop from the crowd;

7rUg6z1.gif

More wrestlers need to look for unique ways to change up the routine.

Mahonay

Banned
Only people who say Jericho isn't helping AJ are mindless fucks.
Man that feud is so much better than it should be because of Jericho right now. AJ has been kinda painful on the mic. I see why they set this up now. I'm actually a little excited to see the match when I hated just the idea of it before. Jericho working hard as fuck to get AJ over.

Sure, there were much better choices for match ups for workrate in the ring. But story telling and character building? Jericho was a great choice. It's too bad they waited until the past month to make it decent.

bjork

Speaking of Stardust, I was thinking about it yesterday and I would love to see Stardust go down to NXT and have some kind of top-card run (either as Stardust or as Cody Rhodes). I think an NXT run could do for Cody what it did for Tyson Kidd

Retire him?

Ronin Ray

Layla was often really good with pinfall variations - Japanese leg clutch roll, Indian deathlock rolled into a pin and that great short-armdrag which she followed up by floating over into a bridge, or sometimes by rolling the opponent into a crucifix.

This pin from Io Shirai got such a big pop from the crowd;

7rUg6z1.gif

More wrestlers need to look for unique ways to change up the routine.

Wow that's impressive

DMczaf

AJ peaked already at the Rumble. He will never be that over again. Ever.

I keep hoping he can get some of that DBry effect and get the fans behind him while being buried...but I can't see it happening.

Dude is almost a machine in the ring, emotionally. DBry just had that way to remind you he was a regular ass dude while putting on 5 star matches.

Man that feud is so much better than it should be because of Jericho right now. AJ has been kinda painful on the mic. I see why they set this up now. I'm actually a little excited to see the match when I hated just the idea of it before. Jericho working hard as fuck to get AJ over.

Sure, there were much better choices for match ups for workrate in the ring. But story telling and character building? Jericho was a great choice. It's too bad they waited until the past month to make it decent.
I think the match we're going to get at Mania will definitely blow the one from Fastlane out of the ocean. I'm sure they've been working together because Jericho is a guy who likes to get things right(he's not as crazy as Macho or HBK). I'm not at all worried about how things will turn out. You'll have to be stupid to feel that way.

Jericho is THE BEST storyteller they have on that roster, he could work with a damn starburst and get it over. That's why that tagged he and AJ together. AJ doesn't even have to talk, Jericho can carry the whole feud microphone and acting wise(to which he's done). Miz is almost there and he helped out tons.

I can't wait for Hong Kong Shinsooky v Jericho because once again Jericho is going to break it down.

So all the "Jericho in 2016" negativity can gtfoh. I've never seen such negative people until I came in this thread and it's why I ignore it and do my own thing.

RBH

AJ peaked already at the Rumble. He will never be that over again. Ever.

Well that's the status quo for a lot of these big debuts. He was actually pretty much just as over in Chicago a few weeks ago during that awesome Y2AJ vs. New Day match.

BigAT

Alright you jabroni marks, a friend of mine asked if I wanted to watch WrestleMania at his place on Sunday and, inexplicably, I said yes. Aside from the occasional Botchamania, I haven't watched wrestling in well over 15 years. This was way back when guys like the Undertaker, Triple H and Shane McMahon used to wrestle.

So tell me, what do I need to know about wrestling sports entertainment in 2016?

Cagey

Banned
Alright you jabroni marks, a friend of mine asked if I wanted to watch WrestleMania at his place on Sunday and, inexplicably, I said yes. Aside from the occasional Botchamania, I haven't watched wrestling in well over 15 years. This was way back when guys like the Undertaker, Triple H and Shane McMahon used to wrestle.

So tell me, what do I need to know about wrestling sports entertainment in 2016?

Lol.

DMczaf

uh.....

:(

Fox318

I got a booking idea for Cody Rhodes

wiwgSCs.jpg

Heel

Don't know anything more than that, and even if you do, pretend not to. #Safe

Barge through the door wearing a unicorn horn, calling all the guests "booty" as you toot on a dusty recorder you found in the closet. #DeadGiveaway

We are entitled to what we want, not what they want to give us.

Triple H is still hogging the spot but his opponent, they're trying to make him "the guy" but no one is accepting that crap. So when you see the crowd doing the opposite, don't ve surprised.

Brock Lesnar is a legit bad ass, going against a Lunatic who really isn't a Lunatic because they don't allow him to really be a Lunatic. But he came from a hardcore league so just know he's a Lunatic. He could be the dark horse like Mick Foley because of how he is.

The New Day they're the most over on the roster. 3 guys who went from blue chipper babyface where no obe cared and they got booed. So they got themselves over and become heel then became so great everyone cheered them. Now they're face and still everyone loves them. Well except for those people who try to be cool on here and say they suck now and they're boring; ignore it. And the LoN is a group of talented guys in a group who usually get treated horribly. At least 2 of the members do. The other 2 aren't as entertaining as they once were but can still put on a show.

The ladder match is filled with 7 of the most talented guys on the roster. KO Could be the biggest heel on the roster but the biggest heel is actually The Miz, is the biggest heel and he's in this match but 5 years ago he main evented Mania and he should be doing it now but doofus son in law doesn't like him so he told him to fuck off. But doofus son in law loves the guy he can't get over lol. But this could steal the show because it's a ladder match and last year it was awesome.

The Hell in a cell match has nothing that makes sense but Taker and Shane are in it so enjoy it!

Well that's all that matters😀

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What was the one thing Reigns was cheered for last night?

A fighter with tremendous hands considered to be the peak figure of their respective sport, and Miesha Tate.

CeuZNM-XIAAtvKy.jpg
Stephanie looks like the wrong person. Shane has the cute baby face no homo(like him mom) and Stephanie has Vince McMahon's face.

Kind of fitting considering how they look like who they take after.

Aiii

So not worth it
A fighter with tremendous hands considered to be the peak figure of their respective sport, and Miesha Tate.

Like a true fighter she had to claw her way through her trustfund as her wealthy as fuck parents put her through school so she could inherit a billion dollar publicly traded company without the shareholders going batshit.

#respect #womenpower #workhorse

Top Bottom