• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Fox318

A fighter with tremendous hands considered to be the peak figure of their respective sport, and Miesha Tate.

CeuZNM-XIAAtvKy.jpg

You just know she is trying to work her like Ronda.

Pay her to come to mania and put her over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
She's a heel at least?

Also wrestling crowds have been shitty morality wise since forever and continue to be.

For sure. On both of those. Just according to keikaku.

SomewhatGroovy in particular doesn't believe it though and I promise until my DYING BREATH that wrasslin crowds want women to be beat by men, based on the pops dudes get when they intimidate women or threaten physical violence.

Fox318

I don't think they cheered that. But the threat of physical violence against Stephanie got a pop out of the crowd. It disappoints me.

image.php

"Won't somebody think optics"
For sure. On both of those. Just according to keikaku.

SomewhatGroovy in particular doesn't believe it though and I promise until my DYING BREATH that wrasslin crowds want women to be beat by men, based on the pops dudes get when they intimidate women or threaten physical violence.
The biggest pop in Wrestlemania history was when a Woman hit back at a man.

Heel

The thing is, Steph has tremendous footwork and handspeed. Roman should consider himself lucky he didn't get tuned up with her patented three piece.

klonere

Banned
I'm kinda sad that the Global Cruiserweight Tourny is going to be taped in Full Sail. Surely they could fill the CFE with all the names they are bringing in for a few days? smh at those mouthbreathers getting so much good wrestling at such a low cost.

Was reading some comments from around the time AJ showed up in NJPW - surprising to recall just how many thought he'd be a flop in Japan or were dead against the idea of him immediately being put in the main event, but I guess the stank of TNA was still fresh upon him. However, for all the shit Gedo gets over his supposed "gaijin obsession", I don't think he receives enough credit for what was a pretty ballsy decision at the time that certainly paid off for everyone involved. I'd argue that AJ's current trajectory in WWE (debuting in the Rumble, feuding with Jericho) is leaps ahead of the way he would have been perceived if he'd signed with WWE straight after leaving TNA.

hamchan

So I did go back to watch the New Day segment and it's incredible how over they are. They're so damn likable too. That smirk from Xavier while the crowd cheered them was perfect too.

Plus, through pure charisma, they've managed to get so many people into this corny ass Booty-O's thing. Heck, I want it to be a real cereal so I can eat it.

Heel

Notice how she was comfortable going southpaw and then switching back.

Also her lead shoulder roll will make it easy to defend incoming jabs.

In fact, she is fighting with no lead foot at all. Neither orthodox nor southpaw like Bas Rutten in his prime. Stephanie McMahon has reinvented the art of pugilism as we know it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was reading some comments from around the time AJ showed up in NJPW - surprising to recall just how many thought he'd be a flop in Japan or were dead against the idea of him immediately being put in the main event, but I guess the stank of TNA was still fresh upon him. However, for all the shit Gedo gets over his supposed "gaijin obsession", I don't think he receives enough credit for what was a pretty ballsy decision at the time that certainly paid off for everyone involved. I'd argue that AJ's current trajectory in WWE (debuting in the Rumble, feuding with Jericho) is leaps ahead of the way he would have been perceived if he'd signed with WWE straight after leaving TNA.

Yeah WWE would have had him FAR worse. I remember when AJ started taking other bookings and people said he was wrestling REALLY GOOD I was surprised, then he just went balls out at NJPW and it paid off. What a great run that was. Like he had it all bottled up and never got to use it.

Caderfix

In fact, she is fighting with no lead foot at all. Neither orthodox nor southpaw like Bas Rutten in his prime. Stephanie McMahon has reinvented the art of pugilism as we know it.

Who would you say is the best pure striker, Steph, Shane, Show or Taker?

Fox318

Now is she fighting like Bas with the open hand strikes underneath the gloves?

Maybe she is trying to go for a more traditional Karate fighting style in that there is no lead side or foot.

klonere

Banned
You see Shane's lower abs last night and his upper back muscles poking through that extra-medium henley? At age 46 and with three kids?

Nothing pure about that striker.

oh my god

this is Shane's mid life crisis

trying to recapture the magic of his insane youth, his connection with millions of fans except this time he's juicing up and tanning.

the main event of Wrestlemania is the peak of a mid-life crisis.

Caderfix

You see Shane's lower abs last night and his upper back muscles poking through that extra-medium henley? At age 46 and with three kids?

Nothing pure about that striker.

Pure McMahon blood, buddy. Just by being close to McMahon's blood all the time HHH is now bigger than ever. Think about that.

Heel

Who would you say is the best pure striker, Steph, Shane, Show or Taker?

That's a tough call, and partly why I consider this year's WrestleMania a must-watch.

Under normal circumstances, we would have to give the nod to The Undertaker, whose hands are literally out of this world.

But with that said, The Undertaker has mastered only 2 limbs. Shane McMahon has enlisted Muay Thai legend Kru Phil Nurse to hone his sword, sharpening him into a master of the 8 limbs.

https://twitter.com/shanemcmahon/status/703986117708750848
https://twitter.com/shanemcmahon/status/708371223760076800

If Shane McMahon is even reaches 1/4th of the ability of The Undertaker, he can multiply that by 4 times the limbs to make this an even affair. All I can say is ossssssssss.

If you had told me in December Eva and Reigns would stand tall in a Mania, I'd have thought you were smoking some pretty illegal stuff.

Basically in the Nexus debut when they tore shit up, Bryan choked ring announcer Justin Roberts with a tie and it was sold pretty grossly with Justin's eye popping and the camera closing up on the scene. Sponsors reacted to it the way you'd think, some threatened to pull out if something wasn't done, and Bryan was canned that week

ed: Yeah that ^^

Yikes. Well, it's creative's fault for letting him go crazy like that to begin with.

That's a tough call, and partly why I consider this year's WrestleMania a must-watch.

Under normal circumstances, we would have to give the nod to The Undertaker, whose hands are literally out of this world.

But with that said, The Undertaker has mastered only 2 limbs. Shane McMahon has enlisted Muay Thai legend Kru Phil Nurse to hone his sword, sharpening him into a master of the 8 limbs.

If Shane McMahon is even reaches 1/4th of the ability of The Undertaker, he can multiply that by 4 times the limbs to make this an even affair. All I can say is ossssssssss.
That Scott steiner math.

Fox318

Any truth to the rumors that Taker will debut his Duck Style Wushu at mania?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TAxy6cuP0w

Top Bottom