• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Also, bonus gif;

QcFSnO6.gif

What the fuck was that!? Was he even trying to catch him?

It's pointless to argue with people who think Eva's accomplished something.

She's simply hated because she's vapid and forced upon an audience who wants nothing to do with her. Vickie Guerrero achieved this with overexposure, nepotism, and being shrill.

Compare that to a Fabulous Moolah who was hated because she was a villain.

One involves psychology and talent. One is no achievement at all.

Wait...are you trying to say Vickie Guerrero wasn't talented?

Kaiterra

Banned
To be fair, Chikara's audience is what, 500 live fans at the biggest events (Anniversario, King of Trios, year ender shows)? And Chikara isn't a publicly traded company that has to show growth to avoid a stockholder revolt.

What is the advantage of WWE being publicly traded anyway? I'd honestly like to know because I am completely out of my depth in the financial world, I just know what a drain it has been creatively. (e.g. you couldn't get away with Hobo Vince)

Nekofrog

Banned
full on ragged clothes bearded hobo vince with a hobo army is the one thing of all the ideas they had and didn't do that leaked that i want to see most

The guy taking the explosion bump is Mitsuhiro Matsunaga, AKA Mr. Danger - he's one of those dudes you watch and wonder how he isn't crippled, he did some of the craziest shit I've seen in wrestling. He now owns a steakhouse in Tokyo, here's the Bucks at his restaurant last month;

FhnoZsr.jpg

*edit, oh man, Joe Doering's been diagnosed with brain cancer :(

What is the advantage of WWE being publicly traded anyway? I'd honestly like to know because I am completely out of my depth in the financial world, I just know what a drain it has been creatively. (e.g. you couldn't get away with Hobo Vince)

Massive amounts of cash to pay off debt. WWE needed a massive cash injection just to stabilize their balance sheet in 1999. The IPO provided over $170M to the company.

Preshow matches confirmed: Hour 1 (Network only) has Usos/Dudleys and Ryback/Kalisto for the US title, Hour 2 (USA) has ARMBAR and Divas tag

DIVAS REVOLUTION, US TITLE IMPORTANT, WOO - thread 4 months ago

PROGRESS killing it with the announcements today, HOSS tourney looks great, and very glad to see the Dunne's getting booked, this is Pete's year for the taking.

Barrage

People who think Eva is a bad Heel because people hate her tend to be the same people who think rollins is being a "good heel" when he does a 450 splash and gets a huge face pop. Heelin' aint pretty, marks.

Top Bottom