• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

klonere

Banned
Bull Dempsey is on the go-home show for NXT Dallas.

They really should figure something out before the next Takeover to make the builds seem a little more...impactful. A live go-home show would be pretty cool but I'm sure it comes with its own technical, logistical and financial issues.

Fox318

Bull Dempsey is on the go-home show for NXT Dallas.

They really should figure something out before the next Takeover to make the builds seem a little more...impactful. A live go-home show would be pretty cool but I'm sure it comes with its own technical, logistical and financial issues.

I think they also don't want to risk injury or a crowd hijacking a show before a big show.

Kaladin

Just got this e-mail.....

03312016_Subscribers__01.jpg

03312016_Subscribers__02.jpg

03312016_Subscribers__03.jpg

God I hope the Divas Triple Threat is treated as a main event.

klonere

Banned
Man that women's match is the saving grace of Mania for me. The fact they are treating it as such a big deal is SO COOL.

I saw some #TeamBecky posts earlier, hope she wins the big one!

Fox318

Cena is gonna get the Bellas in the triple threat after he convinces Vince that Total Divas needs a push with ratings down.

Nikki will pin all 3 with a finger poke of doom then Eva, Cameron, and Cody Rhodes will all come down to the ring and celbrate.

Then fans will star throwing chairs into the ring and WWE closes its doors the day after.

They tape on the 23rd and 24th. He could do a mask thing, but he was visibly bleeding through his mask (like I said, the break was realllllllly bad), I don't think it would help. If he rebreaks it, he's fucked because then he's definitely out for the rest of their season 3 tapings. You can't take that chance.

Kaladin

They tape on the 23rd and 24th. He could do a mask thing, but he was visibly bleeding through his mask (like I said, the break was realllllllly bad), I don't think it would help. If he rebreaks it, he's fucked because then he's definitely out for the rest of their season 3 tapings. You can't take that chance.

Something tells me that promoter is going to get an unpleasant phone call soon.

I heard they're taping S3 out-of-order, which seems to be a wise idea for situations such as this one.

Damn though, it's almost too tempting to find out what Fenix and Ivelisse were actually doing at that taping...We aren't even halfway through S2 yet!

Wednesday night war

NXT
Samoa Joe vs. Bull Dempsey
Apollo Crews vs. Alex Riley
The Revival vs. Steve Cutler & Tucker Knight
Baron Corbin in action
American Alpha vs. Corey Hollis & John Skyler

ROH
Roderick Strong vs. Adam Page vs. Moose vs. Matt Sydal
Cheeseburger vs. Foxx Vinyer
ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Hirooki Goto

Lucha Underground
Trios championship match: Angelico, Ivelisse, and Son of Havoc (c) vs. The Disciples of Death
The Crew vs. Johnny Mundo and Taya
Mariposa and Marty "The Moth" Martinez vs. The Mack and Sexy Star
Championship match: The Monster Matanza Cueto vs. Pentagon Jr.

Hope you like jobber matches because that's what you get on Bull Dempsey's farewell episode. This extended taping didn't help NXT's momentum to Takeover: Dallas one bit. And we get another Riley match, Jeezus.

Meanwhile, we get a Matanza title defense pretty early on Lucha Underground, which is coming off of last week's great Aztec Warfare 2.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's a shame that WWE forgot how to be a fun company years ago when they lost their smile. Because if they hadn't, the first thing they did when introducing the network was reintroduce a belt with 24/7 rules.

But alas, missed opportunity that.

iMax

It's a shame that WWE forgot how to be a fun company years ago when they lost their smile. Because if they hadn't, the first thing they did when introducing the network was reintroduce a belt with 24/7 rules.

But alas, missed oppertunity that.

Would be awesome. Imagine, just knowing that live WWE Network programming could be cut at any time 24/7... BREAKING NEWS "Dean Ambrose is cashing in his hardcore title match opportunity right now here only on WWE Network"!

Fantomex

I have a somewhat naive question for some of you guys. Reading up on the history of wrestling, documentaries and shoot interviews, one thing has gone unanswered. How much power does WWE have when talent refuses to lose a match or drop the belt? It seems in this new age, people can still refuse to drop a belt. We all know Bret, Shawn, Stone Cold, The Rock and even CM Punk at times refused or were hesitant to drop the belt. Is this just them exercising their "creative control" or is there more to that?

I guess I'm dumb because I always figured Vince could always veto any creative ideas back then. Or was it that he just didn't want to upset the talent?

Kaladin

Wednesday night war

NXT
Samoa Joe vs. Bull Dempsey
Apollo Crews vs. Alex Riley
The Revival vs. Steve Cutler & Tucker Knight
Baron Corbin in action
American Alpha vs. Corey Hollis & John Skyler

ROH
Roderick Strong vs. Adam Page vs. Moose vs. Matt Sydal
Cheeseburger vs. Foxx Vinyer
ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Hirooki Goto

Lucha Underground
Trios championship match: Angelico, Ivelisse, and Son of Havoc (c) vs. The Disciples of Death
The Crew vs. Johnny Mundo and Taya
Mariposa and Marty "The Moth" Martinez vs. The Mack and Sexy Star
Championship match: The Monster Matanza Cueto vs. Pentagon Jr.

Hope you like jobber matches because that's what you get on Bull Dempsey's farewell episode. This extended taping didn't help NXT's momentum to Takeover: Dallas one bit. And we get another Riley match, Jeezus.

Meanwhile, we get a Matanza title defense pretty early on Lucha Underground, which is coming off of last week's great Aztec Warfare 2.

I feel for ya Pentagon. I feel for ya.

bjork

I have a somewhat naive question for some of you guys. Reading up on the history of wrestling, documentaries and shoot interviews, one thing has gone unanswered. How much power does WWE have when talent refuses to lose a match or drop the belt? It seems in this new age, people can still refuse to drop a belt. We all know Bret, Shawn, Stone Cold, The Rock and even CM Punk at times refused or were hesitant to drop the belt. Is this just them exercising their "creative control" or is there more to that?

I guess I'm dumb because I always figured Vince could always veto any creative ideas back then. Or was it that he just didn't want to upset the talent?

Back in the good old days, I think dudes would play ball so they didn't get legitimately attacked when they came to the back. Like, you might tell Vince to fuck off, but then he might have Haku come get you, and who'd be laughing then? No you.

Nowadays, they'd just strip a guy in the storyline and make him job to Kane until he got released.

Linda McMahon's comments about WWE Fans and Donald Trump makes me want to not watch WWE anymore. More than Reigns.

Keeping in mind that she's a 70-year old white lady, what did she say? Was it that bad?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

CM Punk was just a backstage politics throwback.

I was posting a pic of my next champ, your next champ, and everyone's next champ, and expressing happiness at that fact via a tearful smiley face emoji-like icon

Some of you people are really stretching for that hate in a just world we live in. Wonder if we'll see some of you again when President Hillary wins too

Oh god, she said something stupid did she?

She stopped short of endorsing Trump, but spoke highly of him and claimed that his persona resonates with WWE fans.

"The persona of Donald Trump has resonated with [WWE fans.] Maybe their business isn't growing, maybe they have kids who are graduating who can't get jobs. All of those things that you hear I think resonate not only with some WWE fans, but across really the specter," Linda said.

"He was a great partner, a wonderful promoter," she said of her time working with Trump in WWE. "He really greased the wheels. We got to know him personally. He's very loyal, he's a patriot, he hires smart people around him. He did exactly what he said he would do."

Top Bottom