• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

cesarovictory.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Go home for Takeover is all squashes.

What?

"Go home" is meaningless for Takeover.

Would you believe that was 2 years ago

When the ARMBAR was actually on the show and actually relevant. And then it got buried like 3 weeks after the show when Paul Heyman took on Cesaro as a client and then literally had 0 angles with him until the entire thing was dropped.

Fox318

people love him

lets turn him heel and take away the swing.

Then lets let him work with Jack Swagger

Because everyone LOVES Swagger.

bjork

It would have been fine if they ever had anything happen with it aside from Heyman talking about Brock all the time

to be fair, Cesaro did throw big show over the top. But Brock made the entire ring collapse by suplexing him. Not Heyman's fault Cesaro is a b+ player or whatever

Carnby

I couldn't get a summer slam presale ticket this morning. After refreshing for an hour I only got one offer for $500 seats. No thanks.

Caderfix

Back in the good old days, I think dudes would play ball so they didn't get legitimately attacked when they came to the back. Like, you might tell Vince to fuck off, but then he might have Haku come get you, and who'd be laughing then? No you.

Nowadays, they'd just strip a guy in the storyline and make him job to Kane until he got released.

But that's the thing though, what if you just don't lose? Like, what if Brock Lesnar decides to be the champ and don't lose, even when the boss tells him to?

EDIT: Well, they can always do what they did to Bret Hart.

bjork

But that's the thing though, what if you just don't lose? Like, what if Brock Lesnar decides to be the champ and don't lose, even when the boss tells him to?

EDIT: Well, they can always do what they did to Bret Hart.

I can't think of a time when this was the case. The closest thing to a Bret-style screwjob is the Wendi Richter/Spider Lady match in the 80s, and the closest thing I can think of for a guy not losing is Brody no-selling Luger.

Actually, wait. Maybe this is a good example: Inoki vs Great Antonio - dude doesn't sell Inoki's offense, takes liberties by hitting Inoki in the neck and back of the head, and he pays for it. So maybe this kind of thing is what you could expect if you just decided not to lose?

bjork

They should have a Dusty finish for the ladies 3-way. Then someone takes the Diva belt and breaks it with a hammer. This reintroduces the Women's title, and years from now, an aged HHH will name one of his daughters the first-ever WWE Hardcore Women's champion, and they'll bring out the broken Diva belt as that title.

Bayley already getting off to a good political start backstage, refusing to come up to the main roster until the moment they change the Diva's division name to Women's

Top Bottom