• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Heroman

Banned
Well, thankfully, along with being Best for Business, I would've throughly enjoyed Hollywood Star Batista as a champion and I also would've loved one of the best five or ten workers in the company being champion last year instead of a guy who can't talk or know how to work as a heel wrestler because he has to get all his flippy shit in.

giphy.gif

So weird that they all talk about families and such and the largest part of their TV audience is men over the age of 50 that likely became fans 30 to 40 years ago, and for whatever the reason, unlike all the other sports, that’s the audience they have the most difficulty in getting to support them live

#It's a kids show

Some LOL TNA

Regarding the last minute smart money odds shifting story that comes up at most, but not all PPVs, you can only presume what happens, but I can tell you a direct story that with TNA, one ex-wrestler who was at the production meeting, as soon as the meeting was over and all the finishes were laid out, he’d start placing bets (there were agencies doing TNA odds although the maximum bet would be limited). For WrestleMania, there are agencies taking bigger money maximum bets than ever before

Avengers we might be free of the PAB

A new match added to the 4/1 Evolve show in Dallas is a tag team title match with Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway putting up the titles against Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley. If Nese & Konley lose, they can never team up in Evolve.

I find it kinda weird that people would consider blaming any section of the audience for WWE's bipolar product. If people in attendance aren't reacting correctly, that's on WWE as far as I'm concerned.

Anywho...

f4rcGix.gif

Nekofrog

Banned
I love Bayley but if you're pretending Alexa Bliss isn't the best thing in the universe and any parallel universes right now I don't even know how to talk to you.

I absolutely blame the fans for supporting Bryan through his ordeal. I said for the whole 2 years that charade of a farce of a title chase/run (both world and IC) went on that they were wrong for doing so.

It's one of the few times I hated being right. Even I didn't think he was "lie about seizures" levels bad.

Valkrai

I watched the first match, and then when I saw what the rest of the show was gonna be I just turned it off. Watching a documentary on Studio Ghibli instead.

I wish I just shut off instead and watched the highlights from WWE's twitter. I was hoping they'd be able to do something to help build the rivalries for Dallas, instead it was just them going against jobbers. Bull Dempsy's last match was sad :(

I absolutely blame the fans for supporting Bryan through his ordeal. I said for the whole 2 years that charade of a farce of a title chase/run (both world and IC) went on that they were wrong for doing so.

It's one of the few times I hated being right. Even I didn't think he was "lie about seizures" levels bad.

Why were you against the world title run?

As for his health, that's Bryan's fault and the fans didn't know. The reality is, with how concussions are looked at today, he should've never made it out of Shawn Michael's training camp.

Why were you against the world title run?

As for his health, that's Bryan's fault and the fans didn't know. The reality is, with how concussions are looked at today, he should've never made it out of Shawn Michael's training camp.

There were numerous reasons. Let's see, off the top of my head there was

1. Me liking Batista more. (For various reasons in itself, including him being cooler, funnier, nicer, and him going on soon after to release a great movie that would have brought the company a lot of much needed good publicity and possibly even money if he had still been around and as champ at the time of release. You know, minor things people say are important to what they want for a champ, like "have personality" and "be successful".)
2. Me thinking there were more possible storylines with him as champ. (Orton feud would have been bad yeah, but he could have still turned heel soon after and fought numerous people, including Bryan if you really wanted to go down that route. There was no reason he couldn't have even won it then, if you wanted! There was no reason they couldn't have both had title reigns that year aside from petty fans.)
3. Me really not looking forward to what they wound up doing, which was ultimately give him a bunch of shots for no reason, always thinking they could wait to pull the trigger. (Hated it with Luger. Hate it with Dean. Hated it here. If you're not going to pull the trigger on someone and make them a star, stop teasing or making people think you're trying. Just move on to the next person you'll actually bother with. It aggravated me to see Cool Guy Luger get years worth of title shots, and never hold the gold. Then when he finally did, he lost it the next day. Fuck that. If you really don't care for him enough to trust him with an actual reign, don't give him a reign, and move the fuck on to actually anybody else instead of handicapping your title scene and promotion with years of stalling. It was years with Luger, ultimately years with Bryan, and currently years with Ambrose. Dumb, dumb, and dumb.)
4. Me thinking Bryan as champ would have busted. (Immediate feud with Kane that was supposed to continue for months, ending with him being squashed at Summerslam by Brock instead of Cena taking his place? Yep. Yep. Yep. Didn't expect it to be that bad, but expected it to be bad.)

I disagree, but those are all respectable points. The only thing I'm really miffed about is you calling GotG "great."

Compared to more recent stuff like the second Avengers and BVS, it's like a fucking Mona Lisa masterpiece.

That said, I'm cautious about the sequel. Hoping it's not a letdown. I don't know how much longer the legs on this comic movie franchise stuff can last before crowds get burned out, I've already felt tired since Ant-Man

I think if Strowman isn't the Battle Royale winner, the only guy who would be able to provoke a strong response from the fans and who needs a Wrestlemania moment (because his have all been drizzling shits so far) ...

tumblr_static_1212_-_gif_mark_henry_wwe.gif

For the love of God, Vince. It's in fucking Texas. Let the World's Strongest Man win.

klonere

Banned
NXT had a fucking great promo from BARON CORBIN, Holy shit the dude is getting better everytime I see him. I think he's got the best looking punches in the company or is at least in the conversation. The hype video for the Women's title match was also stellar.

Otherwise kinda eh?

Son Of D

I think if Strowman isn't the Battle Royale winner, the only guy who would be able to provoke a strong response from the fans and who needs a Wrestlemania moment (because his have all been drizzling shits so far) ...

For the love of God, Vince. It's in fucking Texas. Let the World's Strongest Man win.

Isn't this year rumoured to be his last Mania? I know I know there was that promo in 2013 but I have heard rumours that he actually plans to retire this year. If that's the case then sending him off with an ARMBAR win could be nice.

Fox318

Its his last year and his home state. I don't expect them to put him over.

Heroman

Banned

I call bs on this, Bryan is a type of person who like wrestling to his very core, with or without fans he would have continue to do. The idea that it was the fans fault for cheering the man who they love was wrong is bs.

Its his last year and his home state. I don't expect them to put him over.

It's a damn shame too. Remember the crowd reaction when they actually let Trish go out with a win (a title win!) in her home?

Meanwhile Lita got all her shit sold by Cryme Tyme, including a used vibrator

RBH

WWE has officially updated the plans for Sunday's WrestleMania regarding where the different matches will air on the show.

As of right now, and this could change during the week, the Kalisto vs. Ryback U.S. title match will take place at about 4:30 p.m. Central time, 5:30 p.m. Eastern, and will be a WWE Network exclusive.

The USA Network and WWE Network one hour simulcast from 5-6 p.m. local time and 6-7 p.m. Eastern time (which will also air at WWE.com, the WWE app, and YouTube) will have the women's ten person tag team match and the Usos vs. Dudleys match.

The 20 man Andre the Giant Battle Royal will now be on the WrestleMania PPV card.
http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/full-wrestlemania-card-plus-tv-network-and-ppv-schedule-210166

Wait...what? Why? This seems overly complicated.

Well at least I can watch the USA stuff on YouTube since I don't have cable.

If you have the Network you can watch everything

If you have anything else, you can watch the preshow matches that aren't the US title because John Cena isn't holding it this time so it doesn't matter

ARMBAR isn't preshow because a Wyatt might not win

Top Bottom