• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

I just don't understand why people hate on the dude as well.

If Vince comes up to your ass and tells you "Ok kid, you're going to be our new guy" you just going to flat out reject him? Have fun being a jobber for the rest of your career.

He's said some things in interviews that make bad sound bites and could rub some people the wrong way, plus he's pretty awful on the mic.

I'd agree it's no reason to hate the guy, but the character? Sure.

Tagyhag

Yeah hate on the character all you like, but just like Cena, people are extending the hate to the guy behind the persona.

To be fair, they get paid good money to take that heat, but it's still dumb.

On what fucking planet do you have to be on for Batista winning WM30 to be the correct choice? I'm serious I want to know this mindset. Challenge me.

Cause otherwise FUCK dude, really?

Because the mindset we went with involved putting the belt on a guy who was already falling apart because he had killed himself putting on great matches for 500/shot in front of 1000 indy geeks when the belt could've been on one of the stars of the biggest hit of the summer who was getting plenty of mainstream publicity.

Bryan could've went over Triple H in the undercard to become I don't know, RAW GM for a few months until Vince went crazy because the ratings dropped two tenths of a point and brought Stephanie back.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I never noticed how weird it was that Regal introduced Asuka as "Kana" and then just randomly said "we will now call you Asuka" and that was it
KuGsj.gif

Also, "Batista should have won at WM30" has to be the most cracked-out wrestling take I've ever heard. Even without the benefit of hindsight knowing that was the pinnacle of Bryan's career, that the most ridiculously obvious booking decision ever and part of why it was one of the best WrestleManias of all time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I miss Rusev's theme music, tired of LoN, dude's tank entrance was such a highlight at Mania play button

The League of Nations is such a ridiculous waste of heels that its not going to last.

You can't have 4 guys, at least 2 of which are getting paid a lot, just doing random tags when you're so short on heels.

Plotting out post-mania after Lesnar's gone you have Ambrose, Reigns, Styles and Zayn who all need opponents. You have Owens and, uh, I guess Orton. And....Jericho? I don't know.

GunBR

I just don't understand why people hate on the dude as well.

If Vince comes up to your ass and tells you "Ok kid, you're going to be our new guy" you just going to flat out reject him? Have fun being a jobber for the rest of your career.
I think most of the people hate the character and how WWE keep pushing Roman
Even here you see more "fuck Vince/Dunn/this company" and less "fuck Reigns"

But the crowd can't boo the writers during the matches, so they boo him

Angry Grimace

Leati Anoa'i is probably a nice enough guy. That doesn't mean he should get cheered when the product is poopy primarily because of the guy he is playing.

I hear the argument that Batista could have been a mainstream crossover star had he been the champion around the release of Guardians, and to that I counter: it would have ruined the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Look at Batista in the matches from his return. He's gassed. He has Voldemort growing on the back of his head. He's acting like a douche towards the fans. People would tune in, see that, and Guardians would tank. Maybe even think lower of Marvel altogether.

Daniel Bryan saved the Mania and Marvel. That's why I say, Thank You Daniel.

I don't give a fuck about Marvel

GunBR

The League of Nations is such a ridiculous waste of heels that its not going to last.

You can't have 4 guys, at least 2 of which are getting paid a lot, just doing random tags when you're so short on heels.

Plotting out post-mania after Lesnar's gone you have Ambrose, Reigns, Styles and Zayn who all need opponents. You have Owens and, uh, I guess Orton. And....Jericho? I don't know.
I think the League could work if Rusev, Del Rio and Sheamus still had their titles from last year, like a strong group of heels that always helped each other

But with the current booking? They should enter in a feud against the Wyatts to decide who are the biggest jobbers of the company
Spoiler: Bray would lose

rrc1594

They book Roman so bad, I mean look at the RR. What is better a guy coming in number 1 and fight all the way till the end just be screwed or have him gone for like 40 minutes without really any effort come in a try to win. Who would you cheer for?

They book Roman so bad, I mean look at the RR. What is better a guy coming in number 1 and fight all the way till the end just be screwed or have him gone for like 40 minutes without really any effort come in a try to win. Who would you cheer for?

And then have him disappear for weeks after a beat-down. There was a legit reason he was gone, but even in kayfabe it looked awful and when he came back they didn't make up for it. Bizarre.

GunBR

The RR booking was the worst idea from WWE since the RR booking from 2015 (Let's hope for the 2017 Rumble)

Roman actually got over with the crowd in december. [At least during one night

I still think that if they made a normal Rumble, with Trips winning and Roman fight with Sheamus or other heel for the title during the event, part of the crowd would support him
What made the people hate him (IMO) is like everything needs to be always 100% about Reigns

The RR booking was the worst idea from WWE since the RR booking from 2015 (Let's hope for the 2017 Rumble)

I still think that if they made a normal Rumble, with Trips winning and Roman fight with Sheamus or other heel for the title during the event, part of the crowd would support him
What made the people hate him (IMO) is like everything needs to be always 100% about Reigns
That was a dark time. I felt so out of touch. It was like, maybe I'm the problem. But y'all came around to the Reigns hate train again. :')

Angry Grimace

I hear the argument that Batista could have been a mainstream crossover star had he been the champion around the release of Guardians, and to that I counter: it would have ruined the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Look at Batista in the matches from his return. He's gassed. He has Voldemort growing on the back of his head. He's acting like a douche towards the fans. People would tune in, see that, and Guardians would tank. Maybe even think lower of Marvel altogether.

Daniel Bryan saved the Mania and Marvel. That's why I say, Thank You Daniel.

I don't give a fuck about Marvel

I mean, I'm sugarcoating it in the sense that at the time WrestleMania 30 occurred, the argument that Batista should have won was asinine. With the benefit of hindsight of how both that event and Bryan's career turned out, its outright insulting to the intelligence.

Dudes I was half awoke half sleep and I could tell that I was salivating. Well, I almost choked on my spit as I was sleep, luckily my fiancée jumped up and took action because I was history.

Which one of you shits put a spell on me? Fuck you. I will not die.

Mengetsu

JBL:We're in bizarro world Michael!

Dudes I was half awoke half sleep and I could tell that I was salivating. Well, I almost choked on my spit as I was sleep, luckily my fiancée jumped up and took action because I was history.

Which one of you shits put a spell on me? Fuck you. I will not die.
Come on man 24/7 rules. Always stand your ground. Someone's ready to put the Million Dollar Dream on you.

Also stop dreaming about Sable.

Angry Grimace

Wow, rewatching WM 30 and I forgot Emma was actually in this.

Kaiterra

Banned
The booking for WM30 being changed around is what forced WWE to turn Batista heel again. He damn sure wasn't going to be working as a heel before that and that would have been a major waste of his talents and built up heat, something even he felt was obvious.

Menome

Would have thought there'd be a Women's squash-match on NXT last night, but apparently not.

Elias Samson getting a touch of that Eva heat though when he came out with the guitar.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Apparently, if Uproxx's article on the Women's Championship is correct and I'm reading between the lines,
Sasha Banks is going to win that triple threat match at WM and be the new Women's Champion.

They're literally turning the page, and I can't be happier.

EDIT: Uproxx also claims the match is going to be about 20 minutes, the longest women's match at WM by a walk (the longest was about ten minutes, apparently).

iMax

Apparently, if Uproxx's article on the Women's Championship is correct and I'm reading between the lines,
Sasha Banks is going to win that triple threat match at WM and be the new Women's Champion.

They're literally turning the page, and I can't be happier.

EDIT: Uproxx also claims the match is going to be about 20 minutes, the longest women's match at WM by a walk (the longest was about ten minutes, apparently).

Wouldn't be surprised if they have two female divisions, though.

All the models in the Divas division, and all the actual wrestlers in the Women's division.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Wouldn't be surprised if they have two female divisions, though.

All the models in the Divas division, and all the actual wrestlers in the Women's division.

Apparently, ratings for Total Divas fell off a cliff, so maybe WWE is going to pull the plug on that show, future endeavor the models, and turn the page?

Browny

Banned
Okay: I need suggestions for a Wrestlemania-Special bingo card.

GO.

Bayley is going to get ruined on the main roster
Finn is going to get ruined on the main roster
Enzo and Cass are going to get ruined on the main roster
Joe is going to get ruined on the main roster
Save Us Cena
Please Retire Kane
Please Retire Big Show
Please Retire Jericho
Baron Corbin needs the belt
Someone gets injured
Someone gets injured
Someone gets injured
Gimmick posting
Max Landis

I'm sure there are more...

1. Dale Cooper
2. Harry Truman
3. Audrey Horne
4. Windom Earle
5. Leo Johnson

1. Coop
2. Albert Rosenfield
3. Audrey Horne
4. Killer BOB
5. Leland Palmer

I'm getting the urge to watch my Peaks bluray set again, although I have a Wire set that I recently picked up that needs a viewing first. Two best shows ever.

Bayley is going to get ruined on the main roster
Finn is going to get ruined on the main roster
Enzo and Cass are going to get ruined on the main roster
Joe is going to get ruined on the main roster
Save Us Cena
Please Retire Kane
Please Retire Big Show
Please Retire Jericho
Baron Corbin needs the belt
Someone gets injured
Someone gets injured
Someone gets injured
Gimmick posting
Max Landis

I'm sure there are more...

Nakamura is going to get ruined on the main roster

Some site says Roman has heat backstage. Riiiiiiiiiiiight
Rumour is his inability to get over with the smark crowds despite belly flopping on the entire roster as a surefire winner tactic has left the man with scorching amounts of heat (especially from those in said wrassler pile), they say his locker room is currently like an arid desert made love to a magma pit.

The idea of making the womens title basically a copy of the main WWE title design but in a smaller size is great and I hope that happens.

Even though it will be 2 months before they give it to some talentless hack like Eva Marie because she lands the cover of some magazine for some reason and they need the PR I like the idea of the WWE title and the WWE womens title being presented as equal even in that shallow way.

Top Bottom