• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

IvytCup.jpg

Fuck. Now I really want her to be involved in the new belt ceremony.

klonere

Banned
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154882060195620&id=206968150619

WWE need to watch this and take notes, the heat Black Label got was insane (pun totally intended) and the faces were over bug time.

I was there and this and the place was buzzing, when I watch WWE I find details it hard to care, but I WILL had my hooked and invested big time.

Fuck that was great, that's just like the good old Nitros were the NWO would get pelted with garbage. Galloway is the total package right now.
Don't really understand why they had Grado beat him last year tbh

Fuck that was great, that's just like the good old Nitros were the NWO would get pelted with garbage. Galloway is the total package right now.

Yeah there was a near riot, they edited the video but the incident where the fans get chased from the area was a lot longer than shown.

Galloway's end rant is cut short, he shouts out "Security do your fucking jobs!" after the assholes throwing beer get chased off, he then gets in a few fans faces before going backstage and looks legitimately fucking pissed off.

Direct link to the video: https://www.facebook.com/InsaneWrestling/videos/10154882060195620/

klonere

Banned
Yeah there was a near riot, they edited the video but the incident where the fans get chased from the area was a lot longer than shown.

Galloway's end rant is cut short, he shouts out "Security do your fucking jobs!" gets in a few fans faces before going backstage and looks legitimately fucking pissed off.

Direct link to the video: https://www.facebook.com/InsaneWrestling/videos/10154882060195620/

And they say you can't get real heat nowadays! Makes me wish I was into ICW more than I am.

Kris Travis died

Oh god I was watching his comeback match at PROGRESS a few days ago....that's awful awful awful. Fucking cancer.

Sorry to quote this post again, but Grado vs Drew was one of the best heel vs face title matches I have seen in a long time, plus Grado in ICW is nothing like TNA.

In ICW he's like a Scottish Dusty Rhodes he's a man of the people, plus he's living the ultimate dream as the superfan who became a star in his own right.

On that subject time for me to post another favourite ICW promo, if you need a translation, I can help out for what Grado is saying. :p

This is a great Heel/Face promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVxV9CIc7kA

klonere

Banned
Sorry to quote this post again, but Grado vs Drew was one of the best heel vs face title matches I have seen in a long time, plus Grado in ICW is nothing like TNA.

In ICW he's like a Scottish Dusty Rhodes he's a man of the people, plus he's living the ultimate dream as the superfan who became a star in his own right.

On that subject time for me to post another favourite ICW promo, if you need a translation, I can help out for what Grado is saying. :p

This is a great Heel/Face promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVxV9CIc7kA

No worries mate, I love talking about the wrestling closer to home :p Yeah I watched F&L, thought it was a lot of fun. I have a cadre of Glasgow friends and while I don't know a guy like Grado, I definitely know the Irish equivalent to him and get why he's so great for ICW. I just wish he was a marginally better wrestler. Just a tiny bit. My favorite promo of his is the one from this year about Chris Renfrew (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KtEJyha8QE). So much great stuff in here, he's got that babyface fire but as you said, like Dusty, he has that cocky swagger as well that every good babyface needs imo.

I dunno there's just something about him that doesn't 100% click with me. Maybe it was the finish of the F&L match being so Attitude Era that took away from it. But that's ICW right there so I can't really say that it felt out of place or unwarranted. Hey maybe one day I will fully get into ICW Grado.

JESUS CHRIST THIS DOES NOT LOOK SAFE LADS

H1Ctp7F.gif

American Alpha = future NXT tag team champions

Kind of pathetic how Smackdown and RAW are getting shown by their developmental promotion. NXT is the best thing WWE has by far.

As for the American Alpha's finisher, I'm sure they have got that down so it's safe, it's pretty much an ordinary back bump except from a much greater height than normal.

Raw64life

Wow.

That's a crazy drop.

I unironically watch Total Divas. They have completely run out of ideas. The last episode had Paige and Alicia Fox helping some random fan come out to their parents. The main drama of the episode involved a random person with no relation to the show.

The American Alpha finish is safe - but the guy taking it in the GIF treated it like he was going for a crossbody counter and thankfully Gable grabbed him and safely dropped him to the mat.

FyreWulff

WhatCulture mentioned in their shocking Wrestlemania moments that JBL quit WWE before Wrestlemania.

What was the story?

The one where he lost to Rey in like 5-10 seconds and quit. I believe at the time he wanted to focus on his energy drink company and financial job.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Part 2 of SCSA w/Big Show is up, and it's enjoyable. They go in on Fox318 on this episode though.

Some people are just dumb. Two brothers took their dog and slammed it on the floor, threw him down a flight of stairs, and also piledrove it. Wtf man?
The dog had to be put down. I would post the link but fuck it, this shit is crazy.

klonere

Banned
Alright NXT go home show report

American Alpha kill some jobbers. See gif above. They look amazing. I want a series between them and Gulak/Riddle at some stage. Tags and singles matches. Gable is just super smooth and Jordan's power spots get better every week. Most exciting people to watch in NXT right now.

XjjZuTY.gif

Balor promo. It's better than usual but still not amazing by any stretch. His framing of the match by saying he is obsessed with being the best in the business while Joe is just obsessed with beating him is interesting. It's good cause for a heel turn eventually - obsession with winning all the time is very easily parlayed into cheating. He also says "2 days" and holds up 2 fingers and Gallows and Anderson are 2 people and and we are through the looking glass people

IFEOoSB.gif

Corbin kills a jobber. I'm on the Corbin train folks. He's finally putting it all together. He is emoting far more effectively (great gif material!), his strikes are among the best in the company and his in ring banter just gets better "Where'd they find you?". His post match beatdown was far more interesting than the standard heel wants to hurt jobber more, he plays it up as a reaction to something someone said to him in the crowd. Like the famous Orton/Bryan "You did this!" spot. Corbin should and will win tomorrow.

IUFiKcF.gif

Nakamura video package. It's Nakamura. They aren't doing anything to him. He's keeping the YEAOH, he's keeping all his ring entrance stuff. Maybe the knee to head strikes will be toned down slightly but this is Shinsuke Nakamura in the flesh. I sure did pick an interesting time to become a wrestling fan. The video package music did sound very like a theme that would fit Nakamura very well.

hHr0Fjs.gif

Dash and Dawson kill some jobbers and a video package. I love how the story of this feud is "Our tag division has sucked up until now and these teams are fighting over who brought it back to the fore". The Revival, a name that seems to be unpopular enough, have gotten their characters over in the ring. They aren't the modern flashy technicians that Gable is, they don't have the explosive strength of Jordan, they don't have crazy flippy double teams. What they have is ring smarts. They might struggle initially but as soon as you mess up once against them, its all over. They are gonna rip a limb off and then kill you with one of the best tag finishers in the business right now. That's how this match ends. They pull out a gourdbuster and a slingshot suplex in case fans didn't know that they are a tribute act. Their video package at the start of the match was a perfect accompanying statement: short, violent and dirty.

Oh god it's a BULL DEMPSEY PROMO in 2016. Actually it was pretty decent, calling out Joe as a coward bully. He references his old "Last of a Dying Breed" character. It's all very sad. He then caps off the interview by saying "Fit happens". Bull you were too good for this world.

XKbbvc7.gif

Apollo Crews kills a jobb- oh its Alex Riley. Apollo has been pretty underwhelming since he got to NXT and he has been stuck with a tough task of having a compelling, possibly career saving match with The Drifter. Sadly given the nature of WWE I'm sure he will be forced into a lot of headlocks, plenty of selling until he can do his flippy comeback instead of being allowed to just style on the guy. Why is a dude the size of Apollo playing the babyface in peril role? Again, I have to imagine the transition from Dragon Gate to WWE psychology has to be a rough one. A dueling "you still got it/never had it" chant for Riley, who still gets a decent pop from the girls in the audience. The match goes exactly how I described above. Eh.

dzxxRVd.gif

He's got a guitar! Drifter sings a song. The audience wants him to fuck off. This is a bad angle. This is bad. Bad NXT! Well, at least they tried? I have no idea what they want from the Drifter but I ain't getting what they are laying down. He's got heat I guess.

Baron Corbin pops up again. He delivers the best promo on the whole damn show and easily feels on the level of Aries, someone who has been touted as a great performer on the mic. He says how Aries can talk tough but only when he is thousands of miles away. He plays up his indie killer gimmick. God its so good. Can't wait for him and Busick, who is doing a "I'm the hottest shit because I'm an indie star" gimmick, to face off.I highly encourage you to watch the interview here. Hey if Baron Corbin can improve this much maybe there is hope for the Drifter. In like, two years.

w8GqT10.gif

Bayley/Asuka video package. Compared to the shennanigans of the Nia/Eva saga and the emotive impact of Bayley's initial title win, this feud has had not much to it. Asuka wins all the time. Bayley is a very nice person and a great champion. Beyond the tease of Asuka going full psycho on Bayley on last weeks show, the psychology here is a straight ahead face vs face match. We'll see how it pans out. Lots of talking heads here, all the women weigh in on who they expect to win. Dana says since Asuka beat her, there is no way anyone else could possibly beat Asuka. The 4 Horsewomen all back Bayley. Another great touch that legitimizes the women's championship as something very important, something worthy of competition.

Sami promo! He talks about finally getting his hands on Owens but he's not losing sight of Nakamura. States how important it is for a performer to make a good first impression, like he did with Cesaro. Sami has felt a step off in ring and on mic since he came back but this was fine. Typical genuine, unscripted from the heart Sami promo. Hoping the match delivers because Zayn has not given me a lot of reasons to believe he's back up to speed since coming back.

zuYGNy6.gif

Bull Dempsey is in the main event of the go home show for the biggest NXT event of all time. Wrestling is really weird. Joe just looks murderous. I have to go back and watch his ROH glory days stuff at some stage. Bull stiffs Joe on a body check! Then Joe just kills him. STO into rear naked choke. Jobbers run out, Joe kills them as well. Regal gives out to Joe. Joe goes back to murdering Bull with the choke. Finn chants break up. THE PEOPLE WANT STIN- FINN. Regal is the best performer in this segment and he doesn't really do anything except be pissed at Joe. A man dressed in black and white descends from the rafters comes down the ramp to a big pop. Soccer kick from the apron, dropkick through the barricade but lo'! Joe throws Balor over the announce desk, Graves gets taken out. More brawling. Joe bites Finn's forehead. If this was Crockett with Flair and Dusty, both would be bleeding by now. We go off the air with Joe and Finn being separated by the jobber army.

Strongest NXT episode in a long long time and boy did they need it to be. They definitely pulled it out of the bag on their last possible opportunity. Now to try and stay awake till 3am tomorrow just to get to the start of Takeover. Hope everyone enjoys!

Kaladin

Watching The Monster Matanza Cuerto vs Pentagon Jr.'s match from last night again, I don't know how I feel about Matanza.

In Aztec Warfare, he was a beast laying waste to everyone he encountered.

In a one on one environment though, he no sold everything even to the point of standing up straight out of Pentagon's Code Breaker.

Nothing put the big man down and it really sold the mystical beast aspect of his character.

But does that work for a wrestler? Can you have a wrestler who is essentially frankenstein's monster and is impossible to put down?

I'm sure they have a great David vs Goliath story to bring him down....and I'm curious to see how it plays out.

Menome

Strongest NXT episode in a long long time and boy did they need it to be. They definitely pulled it out of the bag on their last possible opportunity. Now to try and stay awake till 3am tomorrow just to get to the start of Takeover. Hope everyone enjoys!

Got to agree. Despite the lack of any Women's match, it was a good hour of build-up for Takeover: Dallas that's been missing for a few weeks. Unfortunately, I can't justify staying up for a 3am start though, so I'll be carefully catching it on the Network in the morning.

Kaiterra

Banned
Rumour is his inability to get over with the smark crowds despite belly flopping on the entire roster as a surefire winner tactic has left the man with scorching amounts of heat (especially from those in said wrassler pile), they say his locker room is currently like an arid desert made love to a magma pit.

That reminds me of that rumor that Lana was powered by uranium fuel rods and the company is basically spending the movie Waterworld's production budget every couple weeks to take on enough water to keep them cooled down. Did anything ever come from that?

Absolutely gutted to hear Kris Travis passed away, he was so strong throughout his fight with cancer and a real inspiration. There's little doubt that, had he never developed cancer, he would have been a big part of the recent wave of European wrestlers making names for themselves internationally - he had the look, the ability and, most importantly, he was very driven in his pursuit of the dream he loved. RIP Trav, you'll be sorely missed.

Anywho, I watched this match earlier (one of Trav's last) and it put such a big smile on my face, give it a look friends;

Kirby vs Luigi - ATTACK! Pro-Wrestling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqSsW2aVFzs

Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows - The Bullet Club - are scheduled to be at this week's WWE TV Tapings, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources. It''s expected they will be at Wrestlemania, at least backstage at the event, as well.

As we had reported previously, the pair were expected to debut on the main WWE roster, bypassing NXT, in late March/early April. It appears their debut is imminent.

The belief is that the team will be using The Balor Club name.
http://pwinsider.com/article/100966/exclusive-wwe-bullet-club-debut-update.html

Top Bottom