• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Anth0ny

The only good possible Mania ending rn
tumblr_o30h341JMH1sbzhteo1_400.gif

How about

21nqgwo03r1r.gif

austin-taker-1999-gifb8ktl.gif

rF2LHoj.gif

Fox318

There are definitely separated camps going on in WWE right now, and it shows.

It really is bizarre.

At the end of the day the person that probably drove the most people away from wrestling might wind up saving it with HHH.

Vince coasted by with the momentum WCW created and by relying on older talent.

Had Heyman left the business or Cornette not been at OVW they would have been so SOL once older talent started to leave or die.

Bronx-Man

Banned
My dream: ZSJ wins, immediately gets into a feud with Triple H over how he doesn't look like an A player, culminating with Zack winning at SummerSlam.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love how you're all so upset with Nakamura's name being shortened. Oh, what a terrible death he's dying. Fucking funny.

Just be thankful he's not Nak America like previously planned.

I'm fine with Nakamura. 1. It's better than Neville, and 2. lol if you fucking trusted anybody on commentary (main roster or NXT) outside of Ranallo to pronounce Shinsuke correctly ever

Mahonay

Banned
I'm fine with Nakamura. 1. It's better than Neville, and 2. lol if you fucking trusted anybody on commentary (main roster or NXT) outside of Ranallo to pronounce Shinsuke correctly ever
Luckily Shinsuke has a great last night that works for this. And yeah, the carney fuckheads on commentary would struggle dearly with his first name. Lol just imagining Lillian trying to announce it is hilarious.
Cole, JBL, and definitely Byron would never last on Actual Sports commentary
This. Maybe Cole could though, he's shown he can be perfectly good when he's not strictly following the Vince commentary layout.

somedevil

So from the news from Meltzer can it be said that King Cuerno is protesting right now by not working for Triple A or Lucha Underground season 3 until he is allowed into the tournament?

So from the news from Meltzer can it be said that King Cuerno is either protesting right now by not working for Triple A or Lucha Underground season 3 until he is allowed into the tournament?

Not necessarily protesting by refusing bookings, only that he hasn't appeared on any AAA shows or LU tapings. It could also be that they're punishing him by not booking him.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Found this on Wreddit; was too good not to share. Talking about reports that Cena might be ready to go after WM.

"Two possibilities:

He helps Shane win and sets up Cena/Taker at Mania next year

This was already suggested but I love the idea: New Day are getting beat down by LoN, Xavier gets the trombone, plays Cena's theme, Cena shows up, cleans house."

I would probably lose my shit if the second one happened.

Mahonay

Banned
It really is bizarre.

At the end of the day the person that probably drove the most people away from wrestling might wind up saving it with HHH.

Vince coasted by with the momentum WCW created and by relying on older talent.

Had Heyman left the business or Cornette not been at OVW they would have been so SOL once older talent started to leave or die.
They would have been completely fucked. The likes of Heyman and Cornette were the only ones still searching for actual wrestling talent to bring in, while Vince would have just exclusively trained no-name bodybuilders if it was entirely up to him. To Vince, he makes the show AND the talent. He's always been adamant about that. The only time he changed what he was doing was the Attitude Era, in order to battle WCW in the ratings war.

If you look at the history of WWE/WWF outside of the Attitude Era, and Vince's approach to how the roster should be built, he would have buried his own company at some point along the line. He saved himself in the late 90's, and then went right back to his previous way of working once the competition was out of the picture.

He's a tremendous one of a kind promoter, but the same can NOT be said for his handle on talent acquisition and building. That part has always been the people around him, and they often have to fight dearly to get Vince to get on board.

Zach

Found this on Wreddit; was too good not to share. Talking about reports that Cena might be ready to go after WM.

"Two possibilities:

This was already suggested but I love the idea: New Day are getting beat down by LoN, Xavier gets the trombone, plays Cena's theme, Cena shows up, cleans house."

Both sound fun.

Mahonay

Banned

"Two possibilities:

Yes please.

Bronx-Man

Banned

"Two possibilities:

I can't even describe how fantastic that would be.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Seeing Cena run out there in a New Day shirt (or if he goes full corny - the unicorn horn) ala a Final Fantasy summon and beat down the League of Nations (which...actually ties into the ADR story that put him on the shelf in kayfabe)...would probably make the crowd start singing "John Cena suuuucks" in the most happy, loving way humanly possible.

Mahonay

Banned
Seeing Cena run out there in a New Day shirt (or if he goes full corny - the unicorn horn) ala a Final Fantasy summon and beat down the League of Nations (which...actually ties into the ADR story that put him on the shelf in kayfabe)...would probably make the crowd start singing "John Cena suuuucks" in the most happy, loving way humanly possible.
It would the perfect bow to top his year long tour of "HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW SMARKS?"

Didn't the past two years Cena try and enter himself into the ARMBAR to try and legitimize it as a real fake sports accomplishment? Maybe he'll finally achieve his dream.

Raw64life

Whether that's a typo or not Shinsuke is definitely losing his first name when he gets to the main roster. That or be changed to Sushi Cowabunga.

klonere

Banned
Remember when all this Nakamura stuff was a joke? Remember when Datazord said Hunter only hires people who have held IWGP belts before? Remember when wrestling was real bring back the attitude era!!!!!

S6ZwmcA.png

What a crazy fucking year we are having friends.

Top Bottom