• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

WWE is fucking hopeless right now with their constant Roman Reigns push show/fetish. It's sickening, tbh.

I have never seen them push a guy so hard for so long with so little to show for it. They're insane if they think Reigns is going to be cheered at the end of Mania, but I guess they'll edit together some video to show that he was cheered because they're being pretty pathetic right now. It's just like how Hogan was booed against Sid in 92, where WWE went back and edited audio to revise history.
Preach my friend

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're conflating a crowd with an entire fanbase off the back of a segment which took place 15 years ago.

Which part of this reeks of intelligence to you?

What are you trying to say? That crowd don't cheer the implication that women are threatened? It'll take some time finding the segments, but I can find plenty of recent examples later. If you don't think the crowd cheer that, you're absolutely wrong, I promise this.

Son Of D

Someone on Reddit counted the camera cuts in the main event of RAW last night. 161 camera cuts. Average of one every 3.3 seconds.

#PleaseFireKevinDunn
LGg2rkZGgwbMQ.gif

f4A08tV.gif

Early card announcements had Sheamus vs Roman and Brock Lesnar vs. Luke Harper.

Sheamus vs Roman becoming the new Orton vs Sheamus? Lesnar vs Harper could be good though.

Sephzilla

Ideally I'd hope the Shane McMahon storyline would signal an end to Steph being weekly authority figure, because Steph has seriously overstayed her welcome. But honestly I hoped the exact same thing after the Daniel Bryan story at WM30.

Hell, you know what? How about we throw Kane in the 'Mania HiaC too. If he wins, Raw will have no authority figure and would basically become lawless no man's land.

So how pissed would you guys be if either Cena's or Orton's music started during the Main Event match to promote SummaSlem?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What? Steph is the worst, the crowd was tired of her weekly not putting anyone over promos.

That promo was hot fire. She was just killin' it. People just forget that she can light it up if she needs to because she's always a bad guy.

The funniest part of "Roadblock" is that nothing about the main event makes a lick of sense. Even if you assumed they were willing to let Ambrose go over (which they might be, he's over as fuck with the crowd), it would make no sense to have Ambrose defending the title at WM given they've already started advertising a match with Lesnar.

The most obvious guess is: Lesnar is going to interfere at Roadblock and cost Ambrose the title to build heat towards his feud.

So how pissed would you guys be if either Cena's or Orton's music started during the Main Event match to promote SummaSlem?

Honestly I'd be more relieved than anything else. The past couple of months have only exposed how bad they are without the only couple of full-timers that qualify as "main eventers" they have left.

UberTag

oh god these road puns

expecting WWE Detour in NYC and WWE Breathalyzer Test in Chicago next week
We also need WWE U-Turn, WWE Pit Stop and WWE Speed Bump.

Just rehash all of the recycled segment names from The Amazing Race on CBS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know what I'm trying to say but you, per usual, argue around it to confirm your very own bias via projecting. Anyone can draw blanket statements about an entire fandom by cherry picking segments. I've seen that segment before but it never crossed my mind to think "yay women getting beat" outside of the context of the storyline. It is impossible (and weird) to suggest what people you don't know are thinking. On the flipside, there are probably millions of people who don;t think a segment like that is a good idea. It is hard to draw firm statistical conclusions without evidence, though.

What you're trying to say, to me, sounds like "What? No, the crowd doesn't go nuts for suggesting or using violence on women" and I'm saying it does, in WWE. Probably TNA as well. I promise you.

What is this Roadblock thing I just got in my (spam) email?

Is this a WWE panic button sort of thing?

Also, apparently the MSG house show before Wrestlemania is "Daniel Bryan Night."

They actually write out "Demon Kane?"

WWE hopping on the Michael bay bandwagon

Watch out for

WWE Network Presents Metroplex

WWE Network Presents Devastor

Coming soon

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWE is fucking hopeless right now with their constant Roman Reigns push show/fetish. It's sickening, tbh.

I have never seen them push a guy so hard for so long with so little to show for it. They're insane if they think Reigns is going to be cheered at the end of Mania, but I guess they'll edit together some video to show that he was cheered because they're being pretty pathetic right now. It's just like how Hogan was booed against Sid in 92, where WWE went back and edited audio to revise history.

They pushed HHH about as hard for like a decade

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can I just jump straight into Lucha Underground Season 2?

I don't have the time to watch 40 odd episodes to catch up.

Yep, you can. You're missing out, sure, but you can easily start from the get-go of S2.

Someone on Reddit counted the camera cuts in the main event of RAW last night. 161 camera cuts. Average of one every 3.3 seconds.

#PleaseFireKevinDunn
LGg2rkZGgwbMQ.gif

This is highly embarrassing, and as usual the WWE are behind the times, this was cool 10 years ago. Now no one does this anymore.

Time for the first wwe NoD to disband. Time to get blacker! We're definitely taking no prisoners this time, under ANY means necessary!

Angry Grimace

There's only so many times you can really have the "Roman Reigns Conversation" which makes it awkward and repetitive listening to pretty much any podcast around now because it seems like the hosts feel like they don't have a choice but to talk about it all the time because that's what the wrestling podcast listening audience is tuning in to hear: there's a big niche market for conversations about how Roman Reigns sucks. Perhaps there's some irony there.

UberTag

The most obvious guess is: Lesnar is going to interfere at Roadblock and cost Ambrose the title to build heat towards his feud.
Heyman's not a very good advocate if he allows his client to screw his Mania opponent out of winning a title that would potentially be on the line for his client to WIN at Mania if he were to do nothing.

Of course, let's be real here... Triple H isn't going to want to look like the beneficiary of outside interference.
He booked himself strong as fuck both in the Rumble match and when incapacitating Roman a week ago. No reason for him to change course now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be too afraid I'd get shot for looking at someone in the wrong way if I lived over there, anyways.

You only have to worry about the police doing that, since they're still at war against black folks.

That promo was hot fire. She was just killin' it. People just forget that she can light it up if she needs to because she's always a bad guy.

The funniest part of "Roadblock" is that nothing about the main event makes a lick of sense. Even if you assumed they were willing to let Ambrose go over (which they might be, he's over as fuck with the crowd), it would make no sense to have Ambrose defending the title at WM given they've already started advertising a match with Lesnar.

A McMahon(and Heyman in every corner)

Angry Grimace

Heyman's not a very good advocate if he allows his client to screw his Mania opponent out of winning a title that would potentially be on the line for his client to WIN at Mania if he were to do nothing.

Of course, let's be real here... Triple H isn't going to want to look like the beneficiary of outside interference.
He booked himself strong as fuck both in the Rumble match and when incapacitating Roman a week ago. No reason for him to change course now.

Yeah, I understand that, but let's be fair: he's not getting in the title picture because Ambrose isn't winning anyways. That same argument could be applied to why HHH accepts this match at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a lot of Mil fuckery in season one? I've only seen one match of his and I already think he's Brock status. Dude just sits there in a leather sling. :wow:

He kinda stunk in the beginning but got his shit together real quick. Was it the Grave Consequences match? That one was exceptional, but he had a couple other good-ass matches. I wouldn't say a LOT of Mil fuckery though, but some highlights.

I mean, does it get better than fucking THIS?
YR8voua.gif

Angry Grimace

Can AJ Styles work heel? They don't have much in the way of heels coming out WM as far as I can tell and turning your most popular guy heel in Ambrose seems like a bad idea. Seth might have to come back heel just by default. I'm struggling to think of anyone else on the heel side who would be fresh at all. Orton obviously is gonna be heel again (because he's a pretty terrible face), but that's just the same thing as usual.

Top Bottom