• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Kaladin

Tony Schiavone, upon Karl Malone Diamond Cutting referee Charles Robinson: "I don't know if fines levied by WCW will extend on into the basketball world, but that is a cardinal no-no in wrestling."

Surely the undercard on that was better than a D. You had Raven's Rules, Hair vs Hair and even a No DQ cruiserweight match.

Zach

Surely the undercard on that was better than a D. You had Raven's Rules, Hair vs Hair and even a No DQ cruiserweight match.

Watch it and let me know what you think. I was surprised with how bad Mysterio/Jericho was, specifically. Here:

Raven vs. Saturn - C+
Juvi vs. Kidman - B
Eddie vs. Chavo - B
Konnan vs. Disco - F
The Giant vs. Kevin Greene - F
Mysterio vs. Jericho - D+
Booker vs. Bret - C
Goldberg vs. Hennig - C
Hogan/Rodman vs. DDP/Malone - F

Something like that.

latest

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watch it and let me know what you think. I was surprised with how bad Mysterio/Jericho was, specifically. Here:

Raven vs. Saturn - C+
Juvi vs. Kidman - B
Eddie vs. Chavo - B
Konnan vs. Disco - F
The Giant vs. Kevin Greene - F
Mysterio vs. Jericho - D+
Booker vs. Bret - C
Goldberg vs. Hennig - C
Hogan/Rodman vs. DDP/Malone - F

Something like that.

It's a bad, bad show. The main event might be the most entertaining thing there.

Menome

I go away for half a day and as well as having the NeoGAF Vince Sunny McMahon Street Fighter V Season Pass Award Of Excellence stolen from me by Sephzilla, he's now stealing my Sandow-pics gimmick?

sLFnJdL.jpg

Also, congratulations Zach and Vince. I trust the wedding invites are in the mail.

shaowebb

Oh God Hayabusa died...I was so happy to find out only recently how he regained the ability to walk with a cane and was overjoyed for him. It hurts really bad to find this out. Hayabusa was a major thing for me growing up. He was THE japanese superhero level performer for me in the 90's. Shooting Star Press, 450 splash, Phoenix Splash, the Pele kick AJ now does, putting dudes in the center of the ring and doing a flip off one rope onto them into a roll through to bounce up and flip off the opposite rope...that last one scarred me though as rushing through that spot led to the botch that paralyzed him.

Hayabusa was the adrenaline high flyer all energy performer in his day. Wheel kicks, flips, michinoku drivers and more. The guy just machinegunned good spots and drove himself to never hesitate between them to get that seamless flow of energy. The latter can always lead to injury and it did for him several times. I always worried about him after he got hurt and tried to lead a singing career.

Nothing will really make this hurt less...guy was a pioneer of that style.

Recall

Hayabusa and Sabu, for better or worse, were the inspirations for many indy guys way back when.

Baggy pants everywhere.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If this statement is ever uttered in reference to WCW, you know the show is horendous

Well, there's a couple of time in the early 90's where the balance was in the other direction. Halloween Havoc 1998 is another great example of it happening that year, the rest of the show is pretty bad but the main event is an all time classic match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I go away for half a day and as well as having the NeoGAF Vince Sunny McMahon Street Fighter V Season Pass Award Of Excellence stolen from me by Sephzilla, he's now stealing my Sandow-pics gimmick?

Also, congratulations Zach and Vince. I trust the wedding invites are in the mail.

Don't worry. I slapped the everlovin' shit out of Sephzilla in SFV. I did it for de Menome.

I'm currently sitting at an NXT show in Cleveland. Pretty great so far. Emma got KTFO by a kick to the face from Asuka. It looked pretty bad. Ref threw the X up and Asuka won by knockout. Aside from that things have been pretty normal. Gable and Jordan, Sami Zayn and Tye Dillinger have been the most over people so far. People are eating the perfect 10 thing up, it's great.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A question, since WCW was mentioned: Do you all think Sinclaire went a bit overboard firing Jimmy King, or was it justified?

Jimmy King is something like a twenty year undefeated champion in the R2R verse. You'd think there would be some mileage in the tank but basically these two simps are the only ones who care besides some of the boys in the back.

Jimmy King is something like a twenty year undefeated champion in the R2R verse. You'd think there would be some mileage in the tank but basically these two simps are the only ones who care besides some of the boys in the back.

I mean, he put over Goldberg! How King just gets fired over being late is ridiculous.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont even remember Melina doing that crazy jump splits entrance, I only remember the MNM ones.

Man MNM was awesome, fuck all of youse :(

Top Bottom