• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Jamie OD

Flamita is now Octagon Jr

CcwjfUrUsAAY1gB.jpg

Pentagon is in the Rey de Reyes finals against blue des on, la parka and villano 4.

Such a random match

The latest news about AAA doubling down on pushing the veterans makes me worried Pentagon will be the first eliminated in the final.

The 3rd fall of Kamataichi Vs Dragon Lee is so good.

Striker

Was Jericho ever not a try-hard goofball dweeb? Because all of the super Dad Rock things he says now are the same catchphrases he was using in 1999.
The last truly great heel the WWE had, 2008-2010 Jericho.

I believe he was struggling with Injury from that Summer Slam Owens match. That's why he called it quits the following year.
That was four years before that. He had bad knees too but the wear and tear caught up to him. In '01 he could still go, there is nothing wrong with a 'slow' paced match.

ElRenoRaven

Did anyone watch the new Japan show on Friday night? How was JR?

So I'm almost done with the episode and it's pretty good. JR is doing a great job. Him and Barnett work well together. It's actually really nice hearing JR calling some wrestling again.

Barrage

Jericho is still good in the ring, but his Greatest Hits PG Face character he's doing right now is tired. I'm sure they're leading to a heel turn for him, since that lets him face the other half of the roster. I think the AJ thing right now is rebuilding his credibiliy (remember, this was a guy whoe veryone called as only being in the Wyatt match to eat the pin a few months ago).

That being said, yeah i'd love him to embrace the "Mid-Life crisis dad" character, it'd be hilarious. Have him dump a younger girl each week because he thinks they're too old, get an earring, team him up with a heel Ryder and Mojo.

Kaladin

Jericho is still good in the ring, but his Greatest Hits PG Face character he's doing right now is tired. I'm sure they're leading to a heel turn for him, since that lets him face the other half of the roster. I think the AJ thing right now is rebuilding his credibiliy (remember, this was a guy whoe veryone called as only being in the Wyatt match to eat the pin a few months ago).

That being said, yeah i'd love him to embrace the "Mid-Life crisis dad" character, it'd be hilarious. Have him dump a younger girl each week because he thinks they're too old, get an earring, team him up with a heel Ryder and Mojo.

It hard to be a serious heel coming from the babyface legend that puts all the new guys over. Heels have to win.

According to The Wrestling Observer, Shinsuke Nakamura has signed a three year deal with WWE, and it expires on February 1st, 2019.

Nakamura will make his NXT in-ring debut at the April 1st NXT Takeover Dallas event in a match against Sami Zayn.

MC Safety

Bray is a damn jobber at this point and it's sad.

Bray Wyatt is a guy who took a middling gimmick and ran long and hard with it.

Really, what do people expect of Husky Harris? He has a stable, he figures prominently into storylines, and he's been in a lot of important matches.

He's not the Undertaker. Guys like that come around maybe once or twice in a decade. He's not even Roman Reigns in terms of charisma.

rrc1594

Damn Goldberg look good with Gold around his waist. I think HHH just cut it, he doesn't look like he is going bald. If he was at least he accepted unlike some people Shawn

Mahonay

Banned
Vader in the opening match...against Jim Duggan. Why.

I have a Hogan Vs Beefcake main event to look forward to. Kill me.

Bray Wyatt is a guy who took a middling gimmick and ran long and hard with it.

Really, what do people expect of Husky Harris? He has a stable, he figures prominently into storylines, and he's been in a lot of important matches.

He's not the Undertaker. Guys like that come around maybe once or twice in a decade. He's not even Roman Reigns in terms of charisma.
He deserves better . He's one of the only guys on the roster who's unique and has some character but they fuck it all up. He's 20 years too late as far as it goes with Vince's booking logic. He would've been a threat for years and looked much better.

somedevil

Good thats Emma is fine. Now hopefully Ciampa is fine as well.

Also, Meltzer recorded a opening for Botchamania for Maffew who was at PWG as well.

Mahonay

Banned
WHY MAHONAY WHY? ;_;

Was this the one with the Brother Bruti main event? I better take a look at the card and see what I graded it...
It is :(

At least I just got to see Jean Paul Levesque vs Das Wonderkind Alex Wright which was pretty hilarious.
What a card, brother. How it pulled off a D I do not know. Probably all Arn Anderson's doing.
Arn is replacing Hony Tonk Man who no-showed. Thank god.

Arn vs Johnny B Badd is easily the best match so far, and I imagine will be the only decent one on here.

Mahonay

Banned
Heenan shaking his head in disbelief after they showed the clip of The Nasty Boys receiving an award for Tag Team of the Year from Pro Wrestling Illustrated. And earlier they showed Hogan receiving the award for 1994 Wrestler of the Year...

Sherri looking pretty damn hot though coming out with Harlem Heat.
I can't help it. I enjoy the pairing of Alex Wright and Disco Inferno.
I mean it's pretty perfect.

Heroman

Banned
Hogan made promises about returning the favor for Bret and then never did, like he did with pretty much everyone.

Yeah, it would been better for bret to win vs. hogan at SS that year but Bret should know the biggest rule when working with hogan, Never trust hogan.

Hogan made promises about returning the favor for Bret and then never did, like he did with pretty much everyone.
Yeah Bret was like cool, until he realised that it was a fluke and Hogan said some other shit like he didn't deserve to be champion. He's not ready.

In the end it worked out with Yokozuna shitting on Hogans chest at KoTR because FUCK HULKOGAN!

Mahonay

Banned
Bobby Heenan: "You know, I never lost a street fight in Beverly Hills. I didn't have to, I hired people to do it."

Tony Schiavone: "You hired people to have your street fights for you?"

Bobby Heenan: "I'd do it myself but I'd rip my clothes, my Armani."

Tony Schiavone: "I, I'd hire Meng."

You're god damn right about that one Tony.

Bobby Heenan: "You know, I never lost a street fight in Beverly Hills. I didn't have to, I hired people to do it."

Tony Schiavone: "You hired people to have your street fights for you?"

Bobby Heenan: "I'd do it myself but I'd rip my clothes, my Armani."

Tony Schiavone: "I, I'd hire Meng."

You're god damn right about that one Tony.
Damn, he's trying to kill the guys

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It is :(

At least I just got to see Jean Paul Levesque vs Das Wonderkind Alex Wright which was pretty hilarious.

Arn is replacing Hony Tonk Man who no-showed. Thank god.

Arn vs Johnny B Badd is easily the best match so far, and I imagine will be the only decent one on here.

They have an incredible rematch at Uncensored.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah Bret was like cool, until he realised that it was a fluke and Hogan said some other shit like he didn't deserve to be champion. He's not ready.

In the end it worked out with Yokozuna shitting on Hogans chest at KoTR because FUCK HULKOGAN!

That was Hogan's plan all along you realize. Lose cheaply to a heel who might be in another company one day instead of cleanly to the face of the WWF at the time.

Zach

Arn's such a good talker. Even in retirement. Why wasn't this man utilized on-screen more? Surely he could've pulled off the manager role for some schlub who couldn't talk.

klonere

Banned
Arn's such a good talker. Even in retirement. Why wasn't this man utilized on-screen more? Surely he could've pulled off the manager role for some schlub who couldn't talk.

They don't believe in managers, Heyman excepted.

It sucks.

Mahonay

Banned
Because Vince hates anything that reminds people that southern wrasslin' ever existed.

Having just watched Rocky 4 I can safely say that it was the most pro wrestling movie I've ever seen...
- Evil foreign hoss of few words with female mouthpiece manager
- Apollo cutting that mostly nonsense yet somehow convincing promo about being a fighter
- Ageing legend putting over the new guy as a prime threat (by dying no less)
- Thus giving an in built revenge story
- American patriotism and flashy entrances
- Musical promo highlighting the upcoming main event, long term booking (not to be confused with the numerous musical training montages)
- Hostile crowds
- Rocky overcoming the odds....again
- Some kind of double turn where Rocky is so damn face he turns the hostile audience to his side
- Steroids

Not to be confused with being the most wrestling movie I've ever seen, in which the aptly titled "The Wrestler" shows the rest of the world the grim realities of the broken down drug addicted con man the industry produces.

Having just watched Rocky 4 I can safely say that it was the most pro wrestling movie I've ever seen...
- Evil foreign hoss of few words with female mouthpiece manager
- Apollo cutting that mostly nonsense yet somehow convincing promo about being a fighter
- Ageing legend putting over the new guy as a prime threat (by dying no less)
- Thus giving an in built revenge story
- American patriotism and flashy entrances
- Musical promo highlighting the upcoming main event, long term booking (not to be confused with the numerous musical training montages)
- Hostile crowds
- Rocky overcoming the odds....again
- Some kind of double turn where Rocky is so damn face he turns the hostile audience to his side
- Steroids

Not to be confused with being the most wrestling movie I've ever seen, in which the aptly titled "The Wrestler" shows the rest of the world the grim realities of the broken down drug addicted con man the industry produces.

Those are all good parallels. Did you know there was another movie called The Wrestler? It was from the 70s and starred almost every wrestler and promoter. Even Vince Sr. has a cameo in it.

Vince's announce voice is so bad when he's excited/yells. Not as bad as Joey Styles when he yells cover.
I know exactly which ine you're talking about. Yet he gets mad at JR for being overly excited. Vinny's sounded like a little boy who raises his voice at their parents for the first time after they've reached puberty.

Top Bottom