• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Odds that he will pull a knife and threaten to cut Severn's throat when they're in a clinch during the fight?

tumblr_inline_nip590t6sB1r5344l.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You had to respect her flexibility, that shit looked like it hurt forreal.

Yup just youtubed it and that shit looks... uncomfortable to say the least. Sexy sure, but damn woman dont hurt yourself

somedevil

It was injury today again for WWE:

Emma was injured when she took a legit kick to the face by Asuka accidentally. Matched was stopped.

Ciampa might of injured himself when he took the shatter machine by the Revival.

Charlotte match was stopped when she busted open badly on the head

MG310

Sheamus got cut by a Kallisto moonsault as well.

Amanda from Tough Enough made her debut tonight, teamed with Billie Kay against Nia/Eva Marie.

I wish I could have gone to that NXT show in Cleveland tonight, despite the myriad of injuries. I loved the first NXT show I went to (also in Cleveland) last year, it was just incredible.

Quick question: I've never seen the Shane McMahon vs. Kurt Angle match at King of the Ring 2001. I'm planning on watching it shortly on the Network. Is the rest of the card worth watching, too?

Edit: I'm literally a minute into King of the Ring 2001, and I have already seen a "FAG 3:16" sign shown prominently in the crowd. Blargh.

Anth0ny

I wish I could have gone to that NXT show in Cleveland tonight, despite the myriad of injuries. I loved the first NXT show I went to (also in Cleveland) last year, it was just incredible.

Quick question: I've never seen the Shane McMahon vs. Kurt Angle match at King of the Ring 2001. I'm planning on watching it shortly on the Network. Is the rest of the card worth watching, too?

Edit: I'm literally a minute into King of the Ring 2001, and I have already seen a "FAG 3:16" sign shown prominently in the crowd. Blargh.

Attitude era crowds. You'll probably see a "Sable 4:69" sign momentarily

Attitude era crowds. You'll probably see a "Sable 4:69" sign momentarily

Yeah, I figured I would see things like this, just didn't realize it would be so quickly lol

I've seen shockingly little of the Attitude era. I was a New Generation boy growing up, then I just stopped watching until about 3 years ago. I truly haven't seen much from the time period I missed (roughly 1997 through 2012).

Rocky Maivia is a straight shooter 😂😂

This crowd racist as hell. NOD is right.

At least the Rocky sucks chants over roar everything lmfao

KingBroly

Banned
Here are the amount of Fucks I give about Chris Jericho:

Okay, now that the lovefest is over, I'm fucking tired of him. He is an unlikable jackass.

I genuinely liked the 2009 remix/reworking of Jericho's theme. I don't think he really used it much but it's a solid heel theme, it's tryhard as fuck but still works for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DljWYqltPc

I enjoy Jericho's work but his current character is really boring, and he's really starting to slow down in the ring (even compared to like 2009). It's kind of like his character is literally just Chris Jericho the person, hanging out on set

ElRenoRaven

Finally watching this episode of The Voice Vs with Jim Ross on Axs and damn this is a great interview. It's interesting hearing all these stories from when he was starting out with the WWF.

Menome

Typical. I take the multiple 'Someone Is Injured' squares off the board and in one night, we could have crossed off all of them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Was Jericho ever not a try-hard goofball dweeb? Because all of the super Dad Rock things he says now are the same catchphrases he was using in 1999.

Kaladin

I watched the Pillman's Got A Gun episode of Raw tonight. Didn't realize it was so close in my '96 rewatch. Both Pillman and Austin are on another level here, even above what Mankind and Taker have reached. The crazy look in Pillman's eyes when he has the gun is great. Austin going through Pillman's friends and breaking in the glass to get through the back door is great. Hell, Austin's bravado the week before and calling in on the way over was great as well. It was just a well played angle. Damn shame they had to bring a gun into it. They learned from it though...guns and wrestling don't mix. I remember when they did the same angle years later with Randy Orton and Triple H.....no guns this time though. I still wish Austin and Pillman got a proper PPV blow off. Damn sad Pillman was taken so soon.

Funny thing, with all the edits on the Network, they didn't bleep out Pillman's accidental curse at the end.

Okay, so I decided to watch all of King of the Ring 2001 tonight instead of just the Shane vs. Angle match. My first time seeing any of this. That match was indeed pretty crazy and worth watching. Those suplexes through the glass. OUCH.

A few questions:

Why did Benoit take the pin in the triple threat match? Benoit suplexes Jericho off the top turnbuckle and then Austin pins Benoit like 15 seconds later? Wait, what? I understand both dudes get hurt from a suplex like that, but it was just an odd ending. I had to rewind to make sure I didn't miss a stunner or anything else.

Also, was Austin injured around this time? Seemed fairly sluggish and not entirely on point in this match, though certainly still pretty solid. Then again, I haven't seen a whole lot of his matches.

rrc1594

Okay, so I decided to watch all of King of the Ring 2001 tonight instead of just the Shane vs. Angle match. My first time seeing any of this. That match was indeed pretty crazy and worth watching. Those suplexes through the glass. OUCH.

A few questions:

Why did Benoit take the pin in the triple threat match? Benoit suplexes Jericho off the top turnbuckle and then Austin pins Benoit like 15 seconds later? Wait, what? I understand both dudes get hurt from a suplex like that, but it was just an odd ending. I had to rewind to make sure I didn't miss a stunner or anything else.

Also, was Austin injured around this time? Seemed fairly sluggish and not entirely on point in this match, though certainly still pretty solid. Then again, I haven't seen a whole lot of his matches.

I believe he was struggling with Injury from that Summer Slam Owens match. That's why he called it quits the following year.

hertog

A few questions:

Benoit was legit injured and they had to cut the match short.
Iirc Benoit was gone for quite a while after this match

Mizerman

A few questions:

I think it was because Benoit was injured around that time and had to take the rest of the year off for that spinal surgery.

As a Jericho fan I've kind of soured on him since his mid-life crisis started.

Yes. Back in WCW and his early WWE run he was legit great. What sucked is that they had him stop doing the liontamer and start doing a boston crab. Liontamer was elevated and looked painful as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Iy6YH0Emg

IIRC it was in part because guys were too big to take it and Vince doesn't like submissions that are basically inescapable so WoJ gets turned into a Boston Crab of mild discomfort. It's nice when he can actually break out the proper Liontamer.

My eyes got big hearing goldberg's theme but it was Pat Tanaka. I know his debut is a year or so to come, but for a second I was hyped up.

You know what I just realized?

I think we officially have to say Boogeyman was more intimidating than Bray

Boogeyman said he was going to eat worms, and he did! That's already more promises kept than Bray ever pulled off.

Plus! Boogeyman has a win at Mania! When has Bray ever. When WILL Bray ever!

You know what I just realized?

I think we officially have to say Boogeyman was more intimidating than Bray

Boogeyman said he was going to eat worms, and he did! That's already more promises kept than Bray ever pulled off.

Plus! Boogeyman has a win at Mania! When has Bray ever. When WILL Bray ever!
Bray is a damn jobber at this point and it's sad.

Top Bottom